[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>80 % of millennials say their goal in life is to get rich

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 10

File: KANYE-WEEST.jpg (327KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
KANYE-WEEST.jpg
327KB, 2000x1000px
>80 % of millennials say their goal in life is to get rich and famous.

What has happened that produce this millennial narcissism?
>>
>>1104181
>>>/pol/

And doesn't everyone want to be rich and powerful? Who cares really

Narcissism was probably produces by the cultural Marxism in these last 30 years
>>
>>1104181
>What has happened that produce this millennial narcissism?

People like the one in your pic.

US pop culture glorifies being rich and famous regardless of whatever moral values (Or lack thereof) you have.

People like Kanye West, Justin Bieber or Miley Cyrus are not only shitty artists, but also shitty human beings and role models. Milennial society is often full of narcissism because that's the sort of value that's taught to them by celebrities.

Celebrity culture as a whole is cancer, because it teaches you that it doesn't matter whenever you're morally bankrupt, follow shitty ideologies or an asshole, as long as you still have plenty of money and drugs.
>>
>>1104181
I only want to be rich, desu, senpai.

When you're famous people start taking pictures of you 24 hours a day.
>>
>>1104181
Every generation wanted that. You know who told you people wanted to be astronauts? The media.

LA has been a desolate place of people wanting to be famous for 70 years, senpai. In fact, LA in the 80s was worse than it is now. Read some Bukowski, he would fuck waitress/actresses for a few lines of coke because he knew they would do anything for a hit and to meet famous people.
>>
Media propaganda and the rise of social media/the internet

It's easier now to hear about this because you can post your thoughts and pictures on instagram, twitter, facebook, all that. Instagram girls that take lots of selfies would probably do anything to get famous and the rise of memes means people will do stupid stuff to get there

I don't think it's narcissism, its just easier to hear everybody saying they want to get rich in this day and age
>>
>>1104197
I enjoy the thought that Kanye is satirizing modern pop culture and the modern mindset in general. He does so well that he became one of the most well-known famous person of today and because so many people align with what he is constantly mocking.
>>
File: 1397378392159.png (6KB, 478x373px) Image search: [Google]
1397378392159.png
6KB, 478x373px
>It's another "Things were better in my day" thread

Does the fact that every single generation always has the same complaints about the next one really not give you pause? You're just convinced that this time Millennials really ARE the worst generation?
>>
>>1104233
Also, I'd like make sure everyone is aware, Millennials are the generation starting in 1980 and ending in 2000. 15 year olds today are not millennials. 35 year old are. Why the misconception is so prevalent is beyond me.
>>
because it's one of the best ways to make a decent living. we trade in the currency of attention. we were told that as long as we went through the system and didn't get in too much trouble/worked hard, we would have a pretty good quality of life. the ordinary middle class life we were promised has eroded.
>>
>>1104233
>You're just convinced that this time Millennials really ARE the worst generation?

implying it isn't possible.

it's a result of growing up in a shitty declining hedonistic culture
>>
I want to be rich, but that's mainly so I can retire early and live a simple life in warm weather.
>>
>>1104233
I've never seen that bait image Anon. Is it a rare bait or only uncommon?
>>
>>1104258
I don't know. It's my preferred bait image so it's neither to me.

>>1104252
I'm not implying it isn't possible. I'm implying it's unlikely. Also, since there were points in the 1800s where there was literally a brothel on every street corner, I fail to see how this generation is more hedonistic than the past. People will always do what makes them feel good, whether publicly or privately, it will happen.
>>
>>1104243
Nooope

1980-1995

Please do not group me with those subhumans

Generation z 1995+ = master race

I am 18 and I am not a fucking millinneal subhuman

Call me iGen pls
>>
>>1104181
I'd rather be rich and unknown. It's safer that way.

Though you'd sell less books, it's better to keep to yourself if you're ultra wealthy.
>>
We have to deal with a drop in the standard of living. It's why we're so rustled
>>
shit ill take just being rich.
>>
>>1104293
gen 1995+ is the worst one yet and I'm from '95
>>
>>1104265

>I fail to see how this generation is more hedonistic than the past.

This.

There's always some bad stuff in every generation.

Most kids are normal, good people though.
>>
File: White_And_Nerdy.jpg (69KB, 268x260px) Image search: [Google]
White_And_Nerdy.jpg
69KB, 268x260px
>>1104218
Yah but it isn't satire (he's not that smart)
He's just such an asshole that it seems like satire
>>
File: yup.gif (498KB, 500x225px) Image search: [Google]
yup.gif
498KB, 500x225px
>>1104197
>>
>>1104243
Millenial of the 80s origin here:
I thought it was defined by not being 18 before the year 2000 hit.
>>
File: the Homer.jpg (59KB, 800x392px) Image search: [Google]
the Homer.jpg
59KB, 800x392px
>>1104181
There's nothing wrong with wanting to be rich (although famous is pretty narcissistic)
It's EXPECTING to become rich and famous, wich is what young people sometimes actually believe today
It's the whole entitlement mentality
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 250x166px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 250x166px
This pic makes me want to be rich. So it's ur fault
>>
File: worry.jpg (11KB, 169x209px) Image search: [Google]
worry.jpg
11KB, 169x209px
>>1104181
>tfw 18
>tfw want to be rich
>tfw I already own my own business (registered)
>tfw I study /biz/ related topics in my spare time to increase my likelihood of success
>tfw if it's true 80% want to I'm fucked due to competition
>>
>80 % of millennials say their goal in life is to get rich and famous

no source on that? and 21 people ITT just joined in on the discussion without even questioning this? Come on /biz/, don't take everything for granted you read, especially on the internet
>>
File: image.jpg (254KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
254KB, 1024x768px
>wanting to be famous

lol extreme pleb move. I only want $$$ Being famous is a pain in the ass. It's bad enough being rich with how many people want to leech off of you.
>>
>>1104212
True that. People idolized guys like Mick Jagger and Robert Plant 40 years ago and they weren't exactly paragons of moral righteousness.
>>
>>1104375
lol, maybe 80 % want to but only one out of 10,000 have any work ethic to achieve their goals
>>
>>1104181
Really? Because I want to be rich in order to create music, games, cartoons, movies, publish books.

I want my own country full of quality people and I want all the talent in the world at my disposal following an ideology of quality and originality.

I want intellectuals to be my long-life friends and my intellctuals's kids to be friends with my child.

I do not want fame and to attract degeneracy after me.
I want to rid the world of degeneracy thriugh any means possible so people don't have to suffer a hedonistic life of self-lying and following the 7 deadly sins in their most shallow and destructive forms.
>>
>>1104405
*tips fedora
>>
I just want the money fuck the fame im a simple man
>>
>>1104392
Why would he lie?
>>
>>1104181
>Boomer gets job
>Works job for the rest of his work life / 35 years
>Stay-at home wife, two kids, two cars, house paid off
>Retires and gets paid by a pyramid scheme he help set up, that needs constant growth not to collapse under the weight of the scam (if you think about it, pensions are literally just a big pyramid/viral marketing scheme - pay me 10 now and I'll pay you back 50 later)
>Raises cunts with a similar attitude
>They in turn raise kids with the same expectations
>Turns out it isn't possible anymore because the boomers set it up just for themselves and nobody else
>>Geez, these millenials are so narcissistic, I can't understand why!
Because nowaday you have to be "rich" to achieve a level of wealth that you could with a single salary in the best of days (i.e. the peak we passed). These people sucked all of the bone-marrow out, and now they're wondering why we aren't content with just the dried up bones.

TL;DR Fuck boomers.
>>
I'm a millennial and haven't met anybody like this, most people my age(24) just want something above minimum wage to finance their hobbies
>>
>>1104446
Don't pay any attention to OP. It's just a common defense mechanism boomers and early gen Xers use as a way of attempting to shift blame on anyone but themselves.
>>
>>1104446
I agree (21) most people i know just work enough to afford bills and to go out and get drunk once a week
>>
>>1104181
you've started to see through the spirit of the age. Read tlp for a thorough explanation

http://thelastpsychiatrist.com/2010/11/a_generational_pathology.html
>>
>>1104181
Who are the retarded 20% who don't want to be rich and powerful? Losers
>>
Why do these fucking shit b8 /pol/tier threads keep getting created here and not deleted?

And better yet why do people keep responding?
>>
>>1104646
>Like anAmerican, the shortcut you use for difficultissues is to judge their proponent as a proxy. If you don't like some ideas, look for hypocrisy, discredit the speaker. Which will be easy to do with me, I assure you. Heavy drinking, womanizing, misanthropic... maybe not even a psychiatrist. There. Do you win?

Kek, is this for real? I'm laughing.
>>
>>1104181

Doesn't everyone?

I mean, shit, if I saw an opportunity that would get me rich and famous, I'd probably discount my plans that would lead me to a modest lifestyle.

Not that there's anything wrong with a modest lifestyle, but if my book got me $100,000, I'd be investing one quarter of it and putting the other quarter of it down on a house.
>>
>>1104212
This. The narcissism is normal for American society. This existed since the silent generation was in their tweens.
>>
>>1104181
dude i hope his career dropping so bad
>>
>>1104322
Studies have shown that Boomers are more hedonistic than Millennials.
>>
>>1104181
>80 % of millennials say their goal in life is to get rich and famous
that's just the animal spirits, it's a good thing we need it to be 100%
>>
>>1104293
Generations aren't 15 years, faggot. They're 20. I don't know what source you're using but it's not one I'm familiar with.
>>
>>1104405
We get it, you vape
>>
>>1104405
>intellectuals
Why do I get the feeling "intellectuals" for you means "everyone who agrees with my points of view"?
>>
>>1104181
>>1104181
Pretty much everyone has wanted to be secure, Anon.

It's just that, with the degradation of society's value in strong family bonds or religion in the advent of exceptionalism, everybody wants to be that one someone on top.

So don't blame millennials, senpai; they're kids that grew up in a world their parents carelessly raised them to fear critique, find family and religion to be a chore, and left them with no guide in life but marketing corporations whose entire goal is exactly to make you believe the only way you'll feel complete in life is by buying the most expensive things possible.
>>
>>1104293
You're the autism generation you little faggot. Autism wasn't even a thing until you shits popped up.
>>
>and famous

Who are these crazy people and where are you getting these figures from
>>
>>1104181
where's your source for this statistic?
>>
>>1104293
It all starts at the end of ww2 you idiot. Boomers were the 20 years after ww2 and which ends them at 1965. Each generation after that also lasts 20 years.
boomers are 45 to 65
gen x are 65 to 85
millennials are 85 to 05
gen z are 05 to 25

You are late stage millennial and there's nothing you can do about it. Just accept it and enjoy being the generation that gets to carve out a nice place for themselves in history as the internet and globalisation generation before AI and robots completely take over and fuck over late stage gen z and every gen after that.
>>
if i get rich i'd have done it right
if i get famous i'd have done it terribly wrong
if i get neither it's not like I'm going to give up, marry the obese cashier at sonic, shit out a couple goblins, and live the rest of my miserable life for someone else
>>
>>1104764

The lines are blurry and depend on what the exact conditions a person grew up in are.

By your dates I should be Gen X, but I don't identify with what Gen X usually cares about, but I do care about many of the things that Millennials do. This may have to do with my family being early adopters for the internet (first dial up for me 1992).
>>
>>1104181

The internet.
>>
>>1104397
I hope you're right.
Most of my classmates were not ambitious at all, which is weird.
>>
File: 564684286.jpg (11KB, 325x274px) Image search: [Google]
564684286.jpg
11KB, 325x274px
>>1104329
>mfw i accidentally the wrong role model
>>
>>1104882
these aren't my dates those are standard official dates for each generation
what you're saying is like
>i'm in grade 10 of highschool because like everyone else in my grade i was born 19XX but all my friends are in grade 8 so consider me a grade 8 student
>>
>>1104181
Do you have a legitimate sauce on that? A poll?

It's my goal too :(

It's probably due to increasing materialism stemming from the weakening of the cultural and traditional pillars that made people care about more things than simply how well off they were (honor, religion, manliness mainly). As our cultural fabric disintegrates even further you can see that antisocial and psychopathic tendencies become desireable.

Lots of it has to do with the emancipation of women.

But I have to mention that it's not actually their goal to become either rich or famous. Or antisocial or psychopathic for that matter. It's just that they admire and envy such things.
>>
>>1106441
>standard

Whose standard?

>official

Which official?

Present your source so i can laugh at your stupidity.
>>
Being rich is a plus. I just want to be able to feed myself at the least, and provide for my relatives.
>>
>>1104327
>>1104197
Kanye is great. MBDTF is the greatest album of this decade, almost objectively.
>>
>>1106544
As someone who only recently gave his music a shot, I can understand this opinion. I've listened to 808s & Heartbreak, MBDTF and Life of Pablo so far and all are good, with the last two being great.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.