[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wagecuck here. Why am I not receiving overtime pay? I work 8

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: selena-gomez-100715.jpg (175KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
selena-gomez-100715.jpg
175KB, 620x413px
Wagecuck here. Why am I not receiving overtime pay?

I work 8 hours a day 7 days a week at $12/hour at a Hershey Chocolate plant and my paycheck before taxes is about $1,340. Shouldn't it be around $1,500? Why am I not getting overtime pay? Is it because I'm a temp worker?
>>
How much time do you have for lunch break?
>>
>>1102433

I work 3PM-12AM with 2 30 minute breaks that are off the clock, so 8 hours a day.
>>
>>1102427
>I'm a temp worker

Protip: if you like this job and the money, delete this thread and never think about this topic again.
>>
>>1102434 where I live there's no overtime pay for the hours you work. I don't know how is the us law but it sounds normal to me. Talk to a colleague and see if he's getting paid.

But in the work contract is written what? How many hours and breaks and then what is says about extra-hours? they probably aren't fooling you because hr is very strict these days because of lawsuits and whatnot
>>
>>1102442

In the US, any hours after 40 hours in a workweek is considered overtime and gets 50% added to the base pay. So any overtime hours I work should be paying $18/hour, but it isn't
>>
>>1102445 yeah.. Then you should be talking to HR. It could be a mistake or the hours you work are going wrong to them in the computer. HR has to give you a report of your working hours so you can sign or protest it. But you have to have proof that you've worked these extra hours. Keep your tickets for the month
>>
>>1102427
>Is it because I'm a temp worker?
Yup. No union protection, no contract, no security, no safety net, no benefits, no perks, no anything.
>>
Live better, work union :)
>>
>>1102472

>talk to HR

HR guy here. As a temp, OP most likely has an employment contract with his agency, not Hershey. He first needs to talk to his agency, who actually pays him. There could be a computer issue that's not calculating his overtime, or his time records may not be getting filled out correctly.

That said, OP never said what he actually does. There are many exemptions from FLSA overtime, and they have nothing to do with being a temp (temps are generally still subject to OT like everybody else).

Most likely answer? OP is actually a salaried employee and just didn't bother to read his contract carefully.

Also, if you're not in the US, then it's a whole different story, since labor laws are different.
>>
>>1102427
http://www.workforce.com/articles/employment-law-overtime-for-temps

are you exempt from the federal overtime law? if not talk to hr, if they threaten you or bs with you they have local lawyers in every state and county who deal with this stuff for free
>>
>>1102562

>"for free"
>>
>>1102562
OP's a temp, though. HR's ultimate trump card is to just toss OP out on his ass, as per the temp contract.
>>
>tfw salaried employee
>tfw worked longer hours last week
>tfw mysteriously got a bigger paycheck last week than usual
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.