[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any tips for someone about to drop out of college? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1454534991841.png (832KB, 550x3404px) Image search: [Google]
1454534991841.png
832KB, 550x3404px
Any tips for someone about to drop out of college?

I'm going to receive about half a million bucks in a year and thought that I'd just be wasting money continuing my degree at this rate.
>>
>>1101777
get your degree with it? you never know what could happen.
half a million wont do much unless you plan on investing that money on a business.
>>
>>1101783
I plan on investing it, but I'm thinking about using the time I have now to focus on self-study in something which could get my a stable job.

Something that's more experience based, but not a blue collar one tho.
>>
>>1101777
People go to college to get half a mil
>>
>>1101800
True, I've thought about this.
I really enjoy Computer Science, but I feel like the regional college that I attend just isn't worth the money I am paying for the degree.

I figure that I could just work a dead-end job, conservatively invest the money, and self-study computer science while committing to applying the languages and concepts I learn by coding projects on github and participating in open-sourced projects.
>>
Finish the degree man.

You never know what kind of bullshit can happen to you either legally or healthwise and it is always good to have a fall back point.

If you ever find yourself in need of money you will be kicking yourself for not getting your degree.
>>
>>1101777

>about to receive half a million bucks
>not just paying off your degree so that you're slightly more employable AND investing whatever would be left over
>>
>>1101777
just slow down with school but finish.
I have rental propertys a job and a pretty big stock portfolio but i got bored at 23 and went back to school and i now take 1 class a semester at community college. Not only do i get a degree but i take my time and actually learn shit i want to learn and meet people on the way.
>>
All these people inheriting nice ammount of cash. Can't help but be jealous as shit.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.