[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I screen for stocks? What does "doing your homework"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1454216250731.jpg (58KB, 650x414px) Image search: [Google]
1454216250731.jpg
58KB, 650x414px
How do I screen for stocks?
What does "doing your homework" entail of?
>>
Doing your homework means you buy a few shares of some company everyone knows (Disney, Tesla, etc...) and then spend a good amount of time on here like you're making money, make sure to let others know to do their homework.
>>
I see how it is.
>>
If you're asking yourself how to screen for stocks, you need to study more technical analysis.
>>
>>1101766

Spend 5 minutes on Google and learn?
>>
>>1102414
>>1102411
Are there any places you recommend to learn the basics with perhaps lessons and videos?
>>
>>1102414
>>1102419
Alexander Elder wrote great books.
>>
The questions are never ending. The goal is to find things important to you. Are they spending money and growing? Is that spending paying off? If they aren't growing anymore, are they paying dividends? How much is that dividend compared to other companies in the sector? If they are a new company coming public, are they growing in revenue each quarter, or going public so investors can liquidate from the shit company (aka Box)? Are they international or local? If so, how would geopolitics affect them? What do they sell? Are they an internet based company that is just a fad? etc etc etc etc
>>
>>1101766

Screening is just filtering out stocks that don't interest you, based on the criteria most suited to your trading style.

Doing your homework generally means familiarizing yourself with the fundamentals of a stock. Making sure the stock price is where you want it to be relative to the market cap and p/e ratios.

Read some books.
>>
>>1102423
>wrote great books.

>>1102632
>Read some books.

We have the internet. Why the fuck are you recommending books?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.