[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /biz/, I graduated about a year and a half ago with a PhD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: sadfrog.jpg (21KB, 431x467px) Image search: [Google]
sadfrog.jpg
21KB, 431x467px
So /biz/, I graduated about a year and a half ago with a PhD in Statistics and still unemployed.

Just got an offer for data entry at some legal services firm. Pays about 20K / year. I was told I'd be making >100K easy after graduation.

Not sure what to do. My wife left me because 'I am too lazy' according to her.
>>
You're wife is probably right.

You got a pHd but didn't get any connections to go with it? Duurrrrrrr
>>
>>1101578
Also get a good headhunter and consider getting additional education in business. Or some shit.
>>
Did your wife leave before or after the job offer?
>>
>>1101576
Wtf?

I make double that and I drive a forklift.

..... how many applications have you sent out?

Have you tried expanding your search geographically? If you're not tied down to a woman just try any place in US or for that matter the world.

Once you have some experience get a job back home if you still want to.
>>
>>1101583
>>1101585

Well to be fair, I had one or two job offers, but I asked for way too much money and then they rejected me.
>>
>>1101591
Oh, well just ask for a living wage next time (35k-70k depending on what city) instead of something exorbitant and then start job hunting again after a year or so when you decide it's time for a raise.
>>
>>1101576
its good that she left you before you invested too much in her, before you started making real money.

>>1101585
i agree, i would go where the money is
>>
>>1102231
>its good that she left you before you invested too much in her, before you started making real money.

Exactly what I was thinking. Make sure the divorce is finalized and then start looking for a job in financial services. If a physicist like me can make six figures essentially doing basic statistics, you should be able to do the same having an actual degree in the field.
>>
>>1102249
oh cool, i don't hear much about physicist work. How do you apply what you know to your job? What do you actually do?
>>
>>1101576
>My wife left me

Less dead weight

Get out there and get a job and pound some mound my friend
>>
>>1101576
Yeah I'm sure you have a PHD.

What's your dissertation on?
>>
>>1101576
Well the average salary for an American is about 26k. Just figure out the rest on your own.
>>
>>1101576
>>1101576
how the fuck are you not an actuary?
>>
>>1101576
You goof'd

I flunked out of college after my freshman year and now have a net worth >$10 million and I'm 27

HVAC
>>
>>1101576
>Want to get a PhD in Statistics
>See this thread
I'll probably still do it desu senpai.
>>
bump for interest
>>
>>1102684
OP is just a retard.
>>
Lol I'm a data analyst at a clothing business and make 70k a year (CAD unfortunately) and only have a BA in psych, not sure what the hell you're doing OP.
>>
>>1101576
why would you get married while still in grad school?

also, i wouldn't take a 20k/year job simply on principle. you can get more first year as a truck driver. unfortunately, i'll probably be in the same boat if i finish my engineering phd.
>>
>>1101576
>My wife left me because 'I am too lazy' according to her.

KEKED
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.