[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I explain my two (2) year NEET employment gap in CV/Resumes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: 1455842287620.png (67KB, 398x321px) Image search: [Google]
1455842287620.png
67KB, 398x321px
How do I explain my two (2) year NEET employment gap in CV/Resumes when applying for jobs?
>>
>>1101078
you took some time off
>>
>>1101078
Just make up some bullshit you went to volunteer in africa to help people less fortunate than you. HR will buy it hook and stinker and hire you because it will match their "normie who appreciates globalisation" criteria
>>
>>1101088
this is the best answer.
>>
>>1101088
What if they question me on it in the interview? Where did you go, what did you do, who with, where did you stay, what's your favourite memory...

I'm sure I won't be the first person to try that bullshit.

>>1101085
For two straight years though? I haven't worked since I was 18 then I went to college and uni and dropped out both by 20, I'm 23 now.
>>
>>1101078

You took a break to work on your 'hobby' or to learn a craft.

Basically, something that isn't like volunteering where they can actually fact check.

Most places require an application on file for volunteering because of liability (I shit you not, you can sue a dog kennel if they don't make sure you sign a liability waiver and you get your ass bit)
>>
sick/injured family member needed to be cared for.
>>
>>1101119

well make up a scenario in your head and fact check it using the internet. it's not unlike writing a novel.
>>
>>1101078
Make something up.
>>
I took two years off in florida and started a lawn business. I never even cut my own grass
>>
Tell them you worked for a now defunct mail order company. Tell them you were an order picker and occasionally drove around on a forklift, but then your boss, an elderly Vietnam vet named Mort Fitzgerald, had long suffered from PTSD and at some point hung himself in his office.

Now, you weren't there when this happened (this happened on a Saturday, and you work from Monday to Friday), but this had a massive impact on the company. in fact, it had such an impact that your colleagues don't like to be reminded of Mr. Fitzgerald, or the company that went bust about 3 months after this happened. This is why the company, Sentinel Inc., has vanished completely from the internet, and you refuse to give the name of your colleagues, as they don't want to be reminded of this horrific event
>>
Say you had an illness and spent that time recovering
>>
>>1101246
This.

You started your own business (or partnered with someone), and gained lots of experience. Experience that ... by chance ... is just what they're looking for.
>>
tell them you were in prison for securities fraud but that its all in the past, start laughing and give them a little wink
>>
Volunteer work, travel.
>>
>>1101078
Tell them you were a meme connoisseur
>>
You worked at a gas station or 7/11 or something along those lines where you were paid under the table. Said gas station is now closed or under new management.
>>
>>1101119
come on, this is lying 101
>>
>>1101078
You tellthem that you fucked up and want to renew your interest in actually doing something useful for other people

dont bullshit them, they will smell it
>>
>>1101078
You attempted to start your own business, see. You spent a year planning and another year operating, with failing results.

Also, make a quick website and buy a domain name. On the website type something like "Thank you all, but unfortunately we are out of business as of 02/01/2016."

So when you go tell them that your business was "Anon's Lawncare" (or whatever), they'll Google search it and find your website and it will look legit.
>>
>>1102869
Don't listen to this idiot, OP.

If you tell them the truth that you sat at home doing nothing for two straight years, I can guarantee you that they won't hire you. A two year unemployment gap renders you un-hireable to HR.

If you bullshit, you have a chance. They may smell it, but then you just move on to the next one. Eventually you'll find a hiring manager who either won't smell it.
>>
>>1102885
This. I'm self employed now and basically it'd be super easy to explain a gap due to this (or lie about it of course).

Might be safer to just keep the fake 'business name' as your name as any random name would not be registered. Also, you could just give the 'Needed something more stable/work-life balance' BS which wouldn't point out any failure, just preference.
>>
File: 1455074464639.gif (37KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1455074464639.gif
37KB, 500x500px
>25 years old
>never had a job
>mfw this thread
>>
>>1101078
>>1101119
"I worked online"

"I took care of a family member"
>>
>>1102933
Well I trust you took the disregard money/acquire females path.
>>
>>1102933
try /r9k/
>>
>>1102933
WTH have you been doing the past 7 years (assuming you graduated high school at 18 years old)?
>>
>>1101078
you did volunteer work (homeless, youth outreach programs, tutoring)
you were back in school working as a teacher's aid at your old college or one out of state
you were taking distance courses or actually took part time courses at your school
you cared for your ailing grandparent because you don't want to see them dumped off to die in a hospice
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.