[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>these shoes right here were hand made by a poorfag 6 year

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (17KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 318x159px
>these shoes right here were hand made by a poorfag 6 year old child in forced indentured labor by a Fortune 500 company

Is this justified /biz/?
>>
How was force used?

Yeah I mean it does suck but otherwise there would be no factory there and he just wouldn't have a job, not really solving anything.
>>
>>1100992
http://www.nytimes.com/1997/06/22/weekinreview/in-principle-a-case-for-more-sweatshops.html
>>
You're right, we need to bring those jobs back here instead of allowing other countries to take them.
>>
>spills misinformation out of their mouth that they heard from their Christian Pastor
>doesn't research Chinese labor laws

Future lower middle class Father of whores and cheating wife hey
>>
>>1101018
>You're right, we need to bring those jobs back here instead of allowing other countries to take them.
This, honestly.
We make stuff better, too, frankly.
>>
>>1101101
you don't, those sweatshops are the best bang for the buck like one plus one smartphone.

also what's the name of the shoes, i might want to grab a pair.
>>
>>1100992

>>these shoes right here were hand made by a poorfag 6 year old

Funny how you called a 6 year old a poorfag but anyway, I don't think you know how shoes are made. Most of the production process is essentially 3D printing. Its garments which are made by hand.
>>
>>1100992

I'm more concerned that the person who receives money for making the shoe isn't American.

American companies that send any job elsewhere should suffer a special tax to make things fair (or just have their businesses seized and transferred to true patriots who won't sell out their country for a few bucks)
>>
>>1101225
>Its garments which are made by hand.
https://youtu.be/4J_kxwT9zX4

its glued together with hands, nothing is made by hand, u can see in the video.
>>
>>1101216
Yeah well you pay peanuts you get monkeys. Cost-efficiency wise they're the best but the product quality is shit. Absolutely terrible shit.
>>
>>1100992
Yes and no. They want to save money so they can be successful. They take advantage of slave labor because of liberals demanding the government regulate the American workers out of having jobs.

I'd probably get little chinks to build my shoes too with the way the system is.
>>
>>1101286
What a crappy shoe. Decent shoes have uppers sewed to the sole. This is an overpriced over painted garbage bag
>>
those slaves where worse off before this job and when they are lifted by it and if their shit asian hellhole improves it's economy they won't want such jobs anymore and will be time to enslave some africans, since the dindus never improve murrica will go back to it's most tried and tested kind of slaves and all will be well.
>>
Can't blame corporations. Consumers want cheap shit and go all mental if prices go up at all. That's why we get children tear shoes and "related to chicken" mcNuggets. Start consuming less, but more higher quality products and eventually the markets will have to shift.
>>
File: 1.jpg (34KB, 692x505px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
34KB, 692x505px
>>1101066
Touch a nerve buddy?
>>
>>1101018
This.
Just abolish minimum wage laws, child labour laws, health and safety laws and all other communist interference in the free market. Then we can pay local children a dollar a day to make shoes, rather than sending that dollar offshore.
>>
>>1101609
Or just require companies to manufacture their products in the US
>>
>>1101626
And those companies will go out of business since foreign companies, without the same restriction, can sell their products at a fraction of the price.
>>
>>1100992
Tariffs seem the most logical solution but people will get butthurt over the price increase
>>
>>1101634
Don't allow foreign companies to sell their shit here then
>>
>>1101660
can't because
"free" trade agreements
>>
>>1101660
So you want to eliminate all foreign trade and close your borders?
You really haven't thought this through.
>>
outsourcing is justified.
if it's legal, it's moral, that's business morals.
>>
I'm sure that boy would have been much better off just starving instead of having a job where he can earn enough to eat.

Or maybe after Amerifats are done paying ten times the price for everything they can spare a little (a lot) extra to give handouts to the rest of the entire world.
>>
>>1101668
I fail to see the problem my interventionist friend. What foreign trade exactly do we need?
>>
>>1101718
The US is a massive net importer. Your entire way of life is dependent on foreign trade.
>>
In order for there to be wealth there must be poverty.

Who should be rich and how much?

Who should be poor and how poor?

Financially desperate people do shitty jobs for shitty pay because they need it.

Rich fucks try to get to the top of the heap and fuck over others trying to climb for fear of running out of room at the top.
>>
Nothing prevents those kids in Philippines making their own Fortune 500 companies. It is their fault they value themselves so low.
>>
>>1101852
Exactly. The problem is that poor people are lazy and unmotivated.
In a perfect world we would all own successful large businesses, and then we would all be rich and no one would ever have to work.
>>
>>1101852
>>1101936

There is actually quite a lot of barriers to success in developing nations. The same opportunities here in America or Europe don't exist there. Don't be edgy.

If anything, there needs to be more sweatshops in a single district to force competitive wages (but not high enough to deter outsourcing). Maybe not $20/hr like in most plants in Canada, but $5/hour would be a lot better than 30c/hour.
>>
>>1101367
>Start consuming less, but more higher quality products and eventually the markets will have to shift.
A lot of people are, see etsy for instance.
I just bought a handmade leather tobacco pouch from a guy who makes them in Australia (not from etsy) for basically this reason. Fuck chinks.
>>
>>1101768
America's way of life was better before becoming dependent on chinkshit
>>
>>1101768
Now. You must be a teenager. Americans used to make every product that's imported now. Shoes, toys, elrctronics, you name it. And the slightly greater expense was greatly offset by products lasting longer due to higher quality. But keep waving your Chinese-made American flag like the sunshine patriot you surely are.
>>
>>1100996
Parents force the kids to work there, kids often abused in the work place incompetence is usually punished in ways other than "you're fired".
>>
>>1100992
They've probably just started 3d-printing them instead
>>
>>1100992

If you payed an extra $0.25, they could pay the workers $7 us an hour. Maybe we should force oversea corporations to pay their workers a minimum of $4 dollars an hour, otherwise they can't sell their products overseas to states or other countries.
>>
>>1102066
Considering you have to have anti-child labor laws to be part of the WTO, it's actually pretty fucking hard to have child sweat shops these days.

And frankly, being poor as shit working in a factor is still better than being even poorer starving on a farm.
>>
>>1101768
Hasn't always been that way and doesn't have to be that way in the future. Americans need to get over their love for buying cheap crap from China or quit complaining about wealth gaps. One or the other faggots. Can't expect the poor to make money if you're too cheap to buy goods made by them.
>>
>>1104354
This, though not really our problem if the poor in other countries die because we brought our jobs back. If anything, it would benefit America to stop employing asian poverty workers.

My last pair of nikes fell apart after 2 weeks of gym. They had to refund my money.
>>
File: 1448675648703.jpg (40KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1448675648703.jpg
40KB, 960x960px
>this shitpost was made by a fedora'ed neckbeard in forced ethereum shilling in an himalayan voodoo doll factory
Is this justified /biz/?
>>
>>1102061
>I just bought a handmade leather tobacco pouch from a guy who makes them in Australia (not from etsy) for basically this reason. Fuck chinks.

How do you know he doesn't get them in bulk from China and resells them on etsy?
>>
>>1101609
But we at a more wealthy country so almost no one would do that. I have a kid and I would wouldn't let him do shitty labor even if he make like 60k a year.

Having lived in Shenzhen where most shit is produced. I can tell you that the majority of people working in "sweatshops" are migrants who would otherwise be doing shitty farm work in their poor village. Blamming sweatshops or child labor is the epitome of first world problems.

If government doesn't interfere then eventually they will be wealthy enough that no one will want to work those jobs. The US had child labor before, it is a stage of economic development.
>>
>>1104359
I have a pair of fake nikes that I bought in China. I have been using them for 4 years with no issue.
>>
>>1102065
Consumers demand disposable shit that is cheap. Just look at fast fashion companies. It is the consumers preference.

Personally I buy clothing made in China, America, and Italy. Its great having options and free trade enables that.
>>
>>1102063
Americans spend way less money on clothing and yet have more clothing. Stop spewing shit. I am all about quality, but people would not be continue buying from China if there were not getting a benefit from it.
>>
>>1101775
Exactly.

Quote from Milton Friedman:

"A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both."
>>
>>1104576
>Americans spend way less money on clothing and yet have more clothing.
Yeah when you buy things of a lower quality you get "more" for less. Like you can get a lot more chicken necks for $20 than you would get in steak.
But saying:
>look how much more we can eat now that we stopped buying steak and only buy chicken necks, isn't this great?
is fucking retarded.
>>
>>1102065
>Americans used to make every product that's imported now
yeah those tariffs on cars prohibiting superior Nip cars sure helped you
>>
>>1105357
I understand what you mean, and that might have not been a good example. Although, it shows that people care more about having newer trends, a larger variety of clothing and getting new clothes more often. It's not really that we are getting less, more that preferences are different.
>>
>>1105393
We still have an auto industry, don't we?

And look up how many countries put tariffs on our goods before you cluck about the perils of protectionism.
>>
>>1104355
>over 300 million people share the same opinion

here's your (you)
>>
>>1104567
Where can I get fake nikes online. I bought my last pain from Nike retail store and when I returned them they acted like it was normal to refund money.

I think nikes are the most comfortable, just shit quality.
>>
>>1105985
So why is America the largest importer in the world you fucking idiot?
>>
>>1105986
Toaobao but it is Chinese domestic site so you need to pay a proxy person to ship it to you. Otherwise you can try aliexpress. I have only used taobao in China or buying in person in China.
>>
>>1105710
>Although, it shows that people care more about having newer trends, a larger variety of clothing and getting new clothes more often.
I don't know if I'd be so confident in this assertion, it's quite possible we just killed local producers of quality clothing by flooding the market with cheap shit.
>>
>>1101018

This.

The real answer to Bernie Sander's outrage is to stop shipping all the labor jobs overseas for cheap, bring them back here, pay people a fair wage to do them, and cut into the people at the top of the company's pay to accomplish this.

But that will never fucking happen.
>>
>>1106579
"Flooding the market" aka lower prices then American firms could sell at for equal quality goods. That is a win-win situation if we can get things for cheap.

Also there are plenty of American quality brands. Allen Edmonds makes solid dress shoes. Filson makes bags with a lifetime guarantee, just bought one at a really reasonable price.
>>
>>1106794
>equal quality goods.
This is where my contention is; chinkshit is not equal quality.
>>
>>1106808
I never said it was. I am saying that America simply doesn't produce anything in direct competition with China because they can't. There are no American made nikes. I am not comparing cheap sneakers to other handmade highly durable shoes.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.