[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I spent two years prioritising around a female. I had this belief

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (32KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 236x236px
I spent two years prioritising around a female.
I had this belief we would get married, buy a house and have babies together. This belief was so strong that I did everything possible to try and make it come true. I dedicated myself to work hard, earn and save money for our life which I wanted to make it as easy as possible for her. A month ago she told me she was depressed and didn't know what she wanted anymore, this was a total kick in the dick for me. Before I go any further I'm 23 now with everything going for me, I'm on a salary that earns me 1.5k a week with a lot of bonuses. You would think I'd be happy with that, but everyday I go to work sad and angry all the time, I've become so stressed that I've started thinking stupid. I've been emotionally compromised, I've started to have bad thoughts, and have considered doing criminal shit as a way of coping with it all. I want to be happy again.

>$250,000 saved due to living with parents still.

I feel like quitting my job, and getting my Master Degree, but then I don't want to fuck myself over though and be out of a job. I don't know what to do? This girl has fucked my brain, and my thought process.

I want to be happy.
What do you guys do to be happy?
>>
Get an offer for a MSc course, then quit your job. We have a saying in my country:

>Dig a new well, don't spit in the old one.

Once you get an offer at a top school and funding (and whatever else you might need), quit your job.

You have the experience, the MSc should make you more employable and open more doors to better jobs.

(I assume you have a BSc by the way and the MSc is 1 year only. If you want to burn through 4 years worth of college and a large % of your savings, you might want to reconsider)
>>
>>1100944

A good way to feel happy is to do something to make other people happy. Why don't you stop being so selfish and try to figure out why your girl is depressed?
>>
>>1100944
Sue her for causing emotional stress, offer to drop the case is she marries you.
>>
>putting the pussy on such a high pedestal
>>
>>1100958

This is the most /biz/ advice I've read aside from the suck dicks meme
>>
>>1100944
find a new bitch
>>
Buy a sex slave.
>>
File: 1427339817985.jpg (40KB, 500x311px) Image search: [Google]
1427339817985.jpg
40KB, 500x311px
Happiness is not a set of environmental circumstances it is an attitude.
>>
>>1100956
>being this beta
>>
>quarter mil savings at 23

What the fuck am I doing wrong. Nigga work that money a little turn it into half a mil in a year or less.
>>
>>1101165

With a quarter mil already he could be ready to fucking retire by fifty if he played his cards right.

Getting it into half a mil is the least he should be planning.
>>
I'm going to give you the best piece of advice on your life

You won't listen, but it's absolutely true

DO NOT MARRY THIS WOMAN
>>
>>1100944
$250,000 is no small chunk of change, and if you want to really be happy you need to remove any stress-inducers in your life. Right now, I have a feeling the biggest one is your job.

So here's what you do: dump that $250k into an index fund. Vanguard's VOO (tracks the S&P500) is always a good option; ~2.5% dividends, it *will* average about 7-8% growth over the next 30 years, and it will never go to zero.

The second thing you need to do is based on the "4% safe withdrawal rate", that is, in something like an index fund you should be able to withdraw 4% of its value every year with its growth outpacing your withdrawal rate. In other words, it should last indefinitely. Knowing this, your next goal should be to keep building your investments until you have 25x your annual spending. Once you have 25x your annual spending in, say, that S&P500 index fund, your passive income is now sufficient for you to stop working.

Yup. At that point you should be able to just stop working. Sit on your ass all day, and still have all your expenses more than covered by returns from your investments.

Here's a good article explaining it:

http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/2012/01/13/the-shockingly-simple-math-behind-early-retirement/

Mr Money Mustache and his wife retired at age 30 and have never needed to get "real jobs" since. He was an engineer, she was a real estate agent. Neither of them ever made more than $100k per year. They just saved a large fraction of their take home income and invested it into index funds. In fact, I think they hold something like 2/3 of their wealth (which is now close to 10 million dollars) just in VOO (the Vanguard S&P500 index fund).

He also has quite a few posts on lifestyle choices and how to be happy. Pro tip: it's surrounding yourself with friends and family, pursuing hobbies you love, and staying physically active. Not having to work gives you a *lot* more time to do these things.
>>
>leave bitch
>take a month off from job
>chill out
>go back to good paying job and be good at it again
>>
>>1100968
this
>>
>>1101278
Do you work for vanguard
>>
That's a lot of money. I got 75k of my shitty currency, so just 25k obamas on the bank.
My father had to die and leave me that much, but you have ten times as much wealth.
And you have murrican passport. You can do anything.
>>
Just get with the program and buy ether you fag
>>
>>1100956
I figured long ago that depression is a legitimate illness, but not the way that the feel good tumblrfags mean. As in it's a chemical issue in their brain, like diabetes is to the blood, and they're incurable. Move on and leave the defective ones.
>>
>>1101359
>My father had to die and leave me that much
so you killed your father for 25k? thats the spirit!
>>
>>1101387
If i killed him i would've done it right, and killed his wife. Then i would have much more.
>>
>>1101392
Its not too late.
>>
>>1101397
it is. Assets have been sold and access to vulnerable elders has been moved.
>>
>>1100944
Take the redpill and realise she's going to cuck you once she's had a baby with you and then leaves you for another man. Being financially stable after bleeding you dry of all your money.

Go to the gym and fuck bitches after
>>
>>1101413
I don't often agree with /pol/, but in this case listen to this guy.
>>
>>1101278

Now watch as the US enters a prolonged period of economic contraction just like Japan did when they started up their money printers and watch that whole retirement philosophy slide out of view.
>>
>>1100944
Take a week or two off work to clear your head. Accept what happened - the rug was pulled under you, and the future you had paid out in your head was taken away.
These things happen often when you give yourself completely to a different person.
You will have to endure the pain and resist the urge to blame her. Don't get bitter.
Most importantly, learn your lesson - plan your future according to the life YOU want and allow space for other people in it, but never sign off your future to someone else like that.
>>
File: 403851840.jpg (21KB, 211x246px) Image search: [Google]
403851840.jpg
21KB, 211x246px
>>1100944

>There's only one sex hole on the planet!

This is literally how dim you are. Take this to /r9k/. Pitiful/
>>
>>1101165

Umm, this.

If you finished school by 22, how in the fuck did you manage to save $250k?

Are you on a $300k salary? Wtf do you do for a living?
>>
File: mr clean.jpg (42KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
mr clean.jpg
42KB, 640x640px
>>1100944
What kind of masters degree? If it's one that is actually likely to lead to better employment, then maybe. If you want to be a professor, then you need to go all the way for the PhD.

I know that feel. Really thought I had 5 star wife-material until she just went off the deep end. Only time will make it better, but I promise it will get better.

What you can do to help yourself is to surround yourself with friends, work out if you don't already, and find time to get out of the setting where it all happened for a few days. Go to Puerto Escondido for ten days, live in a hut on the beach and learn to surf. You'll see the most beautiful people you've ever laid eyes on and view your body and self in a whole new light. If you don't fancy paying that airfare (once you're there it's cheap as shit) then find a cabin in the woods at a national forest or state park or something and either go with a very close friend or by yourself. Hike all day every day and then do chores and sleep hard at night.

If you want to do some small-potatoes criminal shit, do the Mexico trip but also get a ride into the mountains to San Jose del Pacifico and do shrooms.
>>
>>1101375

Actually depression is a coping mechanism of the broken ego.

An ego-centric person that somehow fails in life or falls behind peers falls into depression.
>>
>>1101557
this describes me to a tee ;_;
>>
>>1101557
You're retarded. A coping mechanism is something that helps you deal with a bad situation. It's something that makes you feel or do better, whether it's healthy or not. Depression doesn't make you feel or do better.
>>
>>1101539
OP is Bait, destroyer of threads!
>>
>>1101352
Nope, I mean you could go with SPY too, they're both tracking the same stuff. Vanguard's fees are a bit lower, is all.

>>1101479
Yep, could happen, but you wouldn't be worse off by having saved more than Joe the retard down the street who is always driving a new BMW that has him in debt up to his eyeballs.

>>1101557
Interesting. Source?
>>
>>1101565
I think you're the retarded one m8. Have you ever been depressed? It feels great. You stop caring about literally everything. It just so happens that this leads to bad habits which are not ideal for a sustainable life.
>>
>>1101713
this guy
depression isn't addiction buddy
addiction feels good for a few months and then you realize how badly you've fucked yourself
depression is a ride you never realize you got on until its too late
>>
>>1101565
I'd say its more of an attempted healing process. Like a fever is when you have the flu, your body does something that feels awful in an attempt to fight off the virus.
>>
>implying this faggot has $250k in the bank

>implying he even has $25k in the bank
>>
>>1101557
pretty sure depression isn't a coping mechanism because it feels fucking awful

it is a warning system that's telling you that you fucked up and need to get your life sorted out
>>
Thank you.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.