[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Put money in an index fund >Leave it alone for a while

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: compound-interest-chart.gif (16KB, 400x438px) Image search: [Google]
compound-interest-chart.gif
16KB, 400x438px
>Put money in an index fund
>Leave it alone for a while
>Get lots of money for literally F R E E

how is this even fair?

all of these retards don't know how easy index investing is or how mind-blowing stock market returns are because they don't know shit and are afraid of variance.
>>
No agrument there. But whats ur point OP?
And pic related?
>>
>>1100609
Go away iHaz
>>
I don't have much of an argument other than

- It seems magical that you can just put your money away somewhere and have it roughly doubled in 10 years

- It seems poignant/sad that so many people don't understand it and don't take advantage of it
>>
>>1100609
A. About half of people don't/can't save enough from their salary to put into a fund like that.
B. A large portion of workers work for companies that match or at least partially match automatic 401k investments from their paycheck so they feel they have no reason to look for an index fund on their own
C. People like those on this board often want to beat the market, and so are willing to risk the possibility of getting negative returns for the possibility of getting very high positive returns.

Pick your reason.
>>
>>1100616
It's not me. I don't make indexing threads or cheerlead market strategies.

It's actually this guy:

>>1100585

doing some kind of reverse troll thing. He seems very triggered.

Me? I'm making popcorn and enjoying the meltdown.
>>
>>1100617
>It seems magical that you can just put your money away somewhere and have it roughly doubled in 10 years
Only as magical as the US economy. So fairly magical, really.
>>
>>1100621
I'm not that guy either, I just came to biz for the first time in months.
>>
It's slow.

It's really easy and boring.

Leonardo difagio didn't do it in Le wolf of Wall Street xD, he shorted stocks which everyone knows makes you a millionaire overnight
>>
>>1100617
The magic word here is inflation. Eats all the newly formed money up eventually
>>
hey iHaz while you're here what do you think of smart beta?
>>
File: 1-1.gif (8KB, 535x441px) Image search: [Google]
1-1.gif
8KB, 535x441px
>>1100636
not really
>>
>>1100609
Fuck off iHaz
>>
>>1100609
Because it seems too simple and people want to make it complicated.
>>
>>1100617
>It seems magical that you can just put your money away somewhere and have it roughly doubled in 10 years
Come to the third-world, where interest rates are 14,15%. Just throw everything in a CD and watch the magic happen.
>>
>>1100609
Dude are you Chinese?
>>
>>1101917
no.. why?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.