[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>me at university's internship fair >waiting in line

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: memeopoly.jpg (14KB, 278x181px) Image search: [Google]
memeopoly.jpg
14KB, 278x181px
>me at university's internship fair
>waiting in line
>start talking to wong wang next to me
>talk about what internships we're looking for
>i tell him i'm interested in data/analysis/technical shit
>so is he
>im undergrad, hes grad student in math/physics with no job
>tells me i would be better off in marketing or something (since i "speak english well")
>claims easier money, leave technical jobs to international students who have no other choice
>"that's what I would do if I were like you" (white???)

Is he right /biz/? is marketing an easier ticket to a good career for white, native english speakers? Should I do less math and more business? or did i get memed?
>>
How to get a technical job:

> Be competent
> Don't be incompetent
>>
>>1100460
do you consider yourself charismatic?
>>
>>1100460
>my competitor told me not to compete with him
>is he right 4chan?
>>
>>1100460
This is dumb bullshit. I'm a data analyst for a large corporation and maybe like 4 people in our 60 person department are from international backgrounds. The rest is a bunch of white people.
>>
>>1100462
Yeah I would say so, I can maintain a decent conversation anyway and people seem to like me

>>1100463
hey he seemed like a nice fellow. there were a couple hundred people there, how would misguiding one poor youngster improve his odds in any significant way? no one would just do that out of spite...
>>
>>1100467
that doesn't really answer whether or not they would be better off doing something else
>>
>>1100468

>hey he seemed like a nice fellow

AROUND CHINK
ALWAYS THINK
>>
>>1100460
He was testing you fool. You should have said something back about how doing what's easy is for lazy people who know nothing of duty or honour.
>>
>>1100460
>marketing
Doing this will make you want to kill yourself.

You can do it with great internships and connections and die somewhat well off.
>>
Disarming someone through kindness is an effective tactic. Asians are cut throat. They want theirs and they don't give A FUCK. Even among their own, uness you're family, you're an obstacle. International kids are especially this way since they have no attachment to the culture.

People can appear nice to get what they want. Welcome to the corporate world.
>>
File: 1e1.jpg (16KB, 601x420px) Image search: [Google]
1e1.jpg
16KB, 601x420px
>>1100474
>>
Marketing is high risk, high reward, but saturated with leggy blondes and jocks
>>
>>1100463
>>1100474
>>1100581
listen to these folks OP

they'll stab you in the back first chance they get
>>
>>1100581
>>1100862

Wow that's kinda depressing. Thanks guys, guess I'm sticking with the technical side. I guess he just got my hopes up that there was some easier way to get a good job that I just wasn't "in" on.
>>
>>1100882
Whoosh.
Don't sweat it, he's probably international and can't work in the US without sponsorship anyways
>>
>>1100480
Or getting rid of his competition.
>>
>>1100460
nope...

in marketing you're competing with other high EQ people... but you've got a bit of a techie side to you

on the other hand, in tech, you've got lots of high IQ low EQ types like your Asian buddy

if you're at least competent then going into tech with a bit of creativity, confidence and charisma can easily put you ahead of the geeky asian introvert types

in a regular software company you could look towards roles like product management and pre-sales - you'd need the techie knowledge but you also need to be able to handle clients, deliver pitches/presentations/demos etc.. and you'll get paid more than most of the purely techie guys for it

so ignore wang, he might have a slight edge on you technically, but so will plenty of others... having the soft skills in addition to technical skills is a much much bigger edge
>>
>>1101057
>so ignore wang, he might have a slight edge on you technically, but so will plenty of others... having the soft skills in addition to technical skills is a much much bigger edge
Interesting. Maybe I should look into something similar.
I'm fairly technically competent (as in, I can understand most any technical process/concepts or what have you) but I'm not a sperg so I naturally dislike the notion of competing with spergs in their speciality.
>>
>>1100461
Talk about blue pilled.
>>
>>1100468
Asians are some of the most shady fucks on planet earth. I know, im half asian and lived in asia for half of my life.

You done fucked up
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.