[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

20 year old here. Looking to research and study the stock market.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: CaqXaeSXIAA06uv.jpg (52KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
CaqXaeSXIAA06uv.jpg
52KB, 600x451px
20 year old here. Looking to research and study the stock market. Is it worth it for me to buy penny stocks and use Robinhood? Or should I just save my money until I have 2-3k and play the market then?
>>
>>1100210
Also suggested beginner books to read on understanding the market?
>>
>>1100219
I just started browsing so idk if this is a meme or not. Are you just throwing out memes at me or is this a worthwhile penny stock investment?
>>
bumping for similar interest.
>>
>>1100210
Bump for interest
>>
Stay away from penny stocks. Robinhood is for chumps. Save up 30k and get an Interactive Brokers account.

Read everything you can get your hands on. Starting with "Day Trading for Dummies" and practice, practice, practice.
>>
As long as you are actually learning you are doing well. I'd watch out, saving up 30k and getting all excited about daytrading is a good way to lose 10k. Start small so you cannot fuck up. Add as you learn. A couple thousand is a good amount to feel your way around.
Aside from learning what is good, learn what can fuck with a stock's price. I hate when people have no clue what "dilution" is and they invest in penny stocks.
In penny stocks, a company will release news that they are raising money with cashless warrants, or are doing a reverse split, by the issuance of shares. This will drop a pennystock in minutes, even though it is just changing numbers around to an outsider, it is negatively received by shareholders. And there is a point where this will sometimes do nothing to a large cap company.
>>
>>1100444
Jeez, if I could just save up 30k as though it was nothing, I wouldn't even care about the stock market.
>>
>>1100565
How do I practice and how hard will saving 30k be? Also what is the risk of me losing 30k
>>
>>1100210
>implying you'll be playing the stock market

Please, it'll be playing you.
>>
>>1100801
I'm not trying to play it I'm trying to make an educated guess with trends I find in demographic, financial, company and political statistics I get from legitimate sources with verified information.
>>
Seems like the right thread to ask in, but im in car sales so money isnt really an issue, but i want to mess around with stocks to see first hand how it works. Ive seen a few answers but whats the cheapest way to jump in if you arent worried about the money evaporating? Im completely illiterate on the subject but ican you lose more than you invest? My fellow salesmen are either completely clueless or sitting on millions being far over my head on this so i dont have anyone in between to learn from.
>>
>>1100444
>save up 30k

Did you even read the post? He's 20 and has 2 to 3k, has no clue what he's doing and he shoukd go open an ib ( kekeke) account and load it with 30k?

This is why /biz/ is a joke. Go buy some books op.
>>
>>1101403
You can lose more than you invest if you margin trade and your broker let's you sink. Dude woke up one morning with 106k in debt because he held a short over night and broker didn't close position when he lost his account. It's pretty rare and won't be anything you need to worry about as a new investor.
>>
>>1101411
Neato, i guess i just need to find out how to actually start. I know people keep saying read books but i feel i cant understand what im reading until i throw my own money in there and watch it go through the gears so to speak. Honestly i wanted to know what the cheapest way to do it was so i can just get my hands on it. Taking it as a serious investment can come after that
>>
>>1101417
Robinhood app, it's flawed as hell but great for new investors to get a feel for things. Think or swim is what I use and it's not too complicated. Start with rh and move up once you got the basics down.
>>
>>1101422
Awesome, thanks anon.
>>
>>1101428
Np bro.
>>
is there anything like robinhood for europe?
>>
>>1100444
I'm not much more than a beginner and this might sound fairly conservative, but you should really just go with a broad -preferably somewhat international- index fund. Robinhood is for when you want a bit of the action with particularly industries or companies.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.