[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Increased my workload by more than 20% >Boss says I do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: scrooge-112912-tw-tif.jpg (71KB, 1000x1771px) Image search: [Google]
scrooge-112912-tw-tif.jpg
71KB, 1000x1771px
>Increased my workload by more than 20%
>Boss says I do did the work of 2.5 people
>Grew the department by $10 million (no commission)

Here's a 2.5% raise.

The time has come to start my own business.
>>
What kind of work do you do, OP? Hope you are successful in cucking wageslaves like you once were
>>
...and instead you're posting on 4chan.

>see you tomorrow wageslave
>-sincerely, your boss
>>
Got a 5% raise after 3 months, 7% after 6 months and 7% after a year. Also our sales numbers have been through the roof so commissions started 1k a quarter now I'm up to 5k. Been a good year.
>>
>>1099730
Digital marketing for an S&P 500 CO.

It's menial work and I've been applying elsewhere for a year now.

Time to grow a pair and figure a way to take control of my income.
>>
>>1099745
Congrats man.

My fiance got a 7% raise after a few months.

My first year I got a 0.9% raise. 'Wasn't in the budget.'
>>
>>1099884
It was my first year in the company so I highly doubt I get much more after this but at 80k I'm pretty happy.
>>
>>1099882
Your job is in digital marketing and your boss isn't sucking your dick? You're in digital marketing and you don't have your own setup while at that job?

Bring doughnuts when you come back in on Monday, faggot.
>>
That's why you actively look for jobs while still working for them and threaten to leave. You need leverage but you're a fucking idiot and don't know how to properly do that. You could easily get a higher raise or shorter work week or work from home if you had some balls.
>>
>>1099721
>2.5%

AHAHAHA

LITERALLY LESS THAN INFLATION

WEW LAD

seriously though that should be automatic at any decent company
>>
>>1099934
Technically I'm 'e-commerce', but am whored out to another department and implement anything 8 'marketing strategists' ask. Create landing pages, marketing emails, drip campaigns, etc on top of site maintenance.

My bonus gets deposited in March. I'm walking out whether I have a job lined up or not.

>Poppin some Dom Perignon tonight, this boy now makes $58k USD.
>>
>>1099963
3 years in a row while our benefits decrease and insurance costs grow ...
>>
>>1099944
This guy is right, you are a huge resource and they know it. Demand a specific % along with threatening to leave, they want to keep you.
>>
>>1099984
To add to that it's a game. They are testing you, they know you do lots of work but they aren't going to outright give you more days off or give you a huge raise. If they can keep you on for only a small raise and you don't have a problem with that or don't express your problems they know they hit the jackpot. You need to stand up to them and push back a bit so they know you aren't a fucking pushover.
>>
>>1099944

I admit I'm pretty beta.

I've been applying for about a year with only 1 or 2 interviews.

I even went out of the way to get certified (Marketo), but that hasn't opened any doors.

I WFH 2 days a week ... or at least until my boss bitched me out for not telling her I stayed home that day. The hypocrisy? The took that day off without telling us.
>>
>>1099973
I love you OP but please for the love of god.

Go and demand a raise. Don't ask for one. If he/she says no, say on the spot that this is your 1 week notice. Also, don't forget to take any vacation you have left before getting out of there.

This goes for the rest of you. Stop letting asshats who can barely log into FB walk all over you.
>>
>>1100011
I've contemplated just walking out many times this yea, and my boss knows it - it's more than just the $.

We have a contractor who knows his shit and is covering for a co-worker out on maternity. His contract is almost up, so I don't have much ground to stand on.

I can't give my notice until early March to collect my yearly bonus - $5k taxed at 42%.

What would you do? 2 weeks with nothing lined up, or call every company in town?
>>
>>1099721

>Grew the department by $10 million (no commission)

that wasn't just you tbqh
>>
>>1100022

I have 12 mo liquid, so if I was wasn't showered with gold, I'd quit on the spot. Doesn't sound like you actually have much saved up. Better start applying everywhere before you even think about getting out.
>>
>>1100029

In digital marketing/ecommerce you can track your progress down to the last penny.
>>
>>1100061

sure you can, but you can't outright say that the 10 million increase was only because of you.
>>
>>1100067

I mean, if you're a pussy I guess not.
>>
>>1100050
Fiance makes about $60k.

>$8k emergency fund
>$5k saved for house expenses
>$8k saved for our wedding (tiny)

$900/mo mortgage, no other bills.

29. Not in a bind, but not really crushing it.

>>1100029
That's fair.

As a department, we were asked to grow from $70 million in revenue to $80.

I was the only one who maintained the products on the site and implemented all of the digital marketing - about 450 email campaigns, countless forms and landing pages, maintaining over 100 web pages, all of the pricing ...

There were still the 'strategists', contact center, etc. I guess my point was to emphasis we had a fair year and they should say thank you.
>>
File: 1418434783978.png (83KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
1418434783978.png
83KB, 255x255px
>>1100011
some people have a family kids mortgage etc.. good luck walking out like that.
>>
I've never gotten a % raise before, just absolute figures. At my company I've worked for 3 years and gotten 4 raises. 5k, 5k, 6k, and 5k. My boss promised me 2 more 5k raises upon completion of two large projects, so I expect to get $10k more by the end of this year.
>>
>>1099721
welcome to life.
also nobody cares you
>did the work of 2.5
or
>workload 20%
because everyone else is doing that
>>
>>1099884
Your fiance is sucking off her boss just fyi
>>
File: 1404287254356.png (303KB, 724x669px) Image search: [Google]
1404287254356.png
303KB, 724x669px
>>1099979
Hello IBM brother.
>>
OP is an entitled faggot

Have a good life you weak faggot
>>
>>1100179
>some people
you mean eternal wagecucks.
>>
>>1100816
Ahahaha this is gold. Where you s**tposting from?
>>
>>1099721

>doing more work than needed for someone else business

Lok
>>
Why are people so fucking retarded with contract negotiation? If you think the company needs you then you need to make sure the company is rewarding you for your worth.

No fucking boss is gonna say 'wow jims been working hard lets pay him more'
They'll get away with what they can at the minimum, thats just good business.
You need to be firm "this is what i want, and this is what I'll do for it"

Otherwise you can just shut the fuck up and keep slaving away 12hrs/day for 50% of your worth.
>>
>>1099721
I got a raise of over 10%, but I think that's just because they were seriously underpaying me for last year. It was my first year at a real job out of college.

>>1101810
For most people, the company holds all the leverage. As an employee, your only real recourse if the company won't give you what you want is to quit. Most employees are expendable enough and their job prospects and financial situation bad enough that they don't want to do that, so they basically have to take what the company offers. You can only really negotiate if you have some leverage over the employer, such as being a very integral member of the business to the point that the business would lose more money if you suddenly quit than they would if they pay you more.

I tried to negotiate on the job offer I got, but as someone without a meaningful amount of experience and who wasn't already important in the business, there was really nothing I had to work with. The boss just said that his sources for appropriate salaries for this type of work didn't match mine, and there was nothing I could do to force it further.
>>
>>1100816
I'm smelling your curry from here. Hope it implodes to a pile of shit it became in the last ten years.
ZapNotes.exe
>>
>>1100100
You literally did what they paid you to do and now you think you deserve a big raise?
>>
>>1101851
You're currently being paid what you're worth.
>>
>>1099721

I negotiated a 13% raise before the end of 2015 that went into effect 1/1/2016.
>>
>>1099721
You have such a quantifiable workload that you can accurately say you increased it by 20%? Like you took on 20% more accounts or projects? That number smells like bullshit to me
>>
>>1099721
Have fun getting clients. I mean if you can get clients via connection, etc, go for it.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.