[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Apply to job online >Selected for an interview >Go

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1310491635748.jpg (17KB, 249x251px) Image search: [Google]
1310491635748.jpg
17KB, 249x251px
>Apply to job online
>Selected for an interview
>Go to interview, things go well
>Receive email about position
>Was not selected
>Thank them for interview, ask for advice on applying in the future
>They praise interview, pointing out my "poised, professional manner"
>Job went to someone who's "a better fit for this particular branch"

What do they really mean by "a better fit"?
>>
>>1099180
I wish they wouldn't even send these emails, they always feel like a kick in the nuts.
>>
>>1099180
Probably just someone with more experience.
>>
>>1099180
They just want to hurt you my friend. Fuck them.
>>
Most of those vacancies already have a person to fill it before being posted but they have to do this so butthurt people don't sue
>>
>>1099181
>Land good job after applying to a fair few
>Keep getting rejection letters 3 months later from a fucking supermarket chain even though they asked me to interview on two separate occasions

What do they mean by this?
>>
>>1099180
Don;t ever take those emails seriously, they're LTAO

hehehe lmao
>>
>>1099180
>What do they really mean by "a better fit"?

Probably a nigger.
>>
>>1099180

totally honest and serious answer:

Sometimes a decision is made simply because the other candidate was in some ways better than you. It might not be about you lacking some skills/knowledge etc, you actually might be a perfectly fine candidate but the other one selected simply had something up on you.

>Source: I am managing a team of around 50 people and one of my responsibilities is hiring.

>4chan answer: they hired for quotes
>>
>>1099235
They are behaving like that cut girl who constantly plays games on you. :)
>>
>>1099235
hot & cold baby
>>
>>1099180
either a cheaper one with same skills or Pajeet
>>
>>1099256
Yeah. My dad does alot of hiring of people. Being someone who couldnt find a job elsewhere, i ask him what made him decline/accept people. Everything counts. If you can come off as a nice person, knowledgable, and yes, fit criteria that isnt visible, eg: might want people only for weekdays. Any unavalibilties and they could say fuck the risk.
>>
>>1099180
You're boring, they wan't someone that want a normie.
>>
>>1099180
Better fit is the generic catch-all term. It means that they liked somebody else more than they liked you. They might not even know why they like the other guy more, just that they do.

A lot of hiring decisions happen at the subconscious level. In the case of a tie, the decision will favor the person who most closely resembles the person making the decision. Like hires like.

If there's another opening at that company, make your interview persona into a reflection of the interviewers. Don't go for obvious mimicry, but the more subtle comfortable familiarity.
>>
>>1099235
they have a list of people they reject after each interview, and some idiot isn't updating that list after the emails get sent. Happened to a coworker of mine even though he was just being hired with the second round of trainees.
>>
>>1099231
This happens alot of corporate america. When a job opens companies post it publicly as a matter of course, even they they often not only have internal candidates, but dozens more than they need for a full round of interviews. Many companies, also as a matter of course, require some outside candidates be considered.

In this world you could be an A+ candidate but they already have a dozen good candidates that also have the virtue of already knowing the job
>>
>>1099180

Didn't suck metaphorical dick hard enough, that's what that means.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.