[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>baby boomer finally retires so more people can move up in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 5

File: computer-tower.jpg (57KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
computer-tower.jpg
57KB, 800x600px
>baby boomer finally retires so more people can move up in the world
>Are you okay accepting >50% less pay than what the previous employee made for the same position?

Fucking life.

Finally got a promotion offer to my dream job. My Boss made $200K a year. He retired and they were looking for a replacement and offered it to me, but only offered a $60K salary, $12K more than I make now.

Fuck
That
Shit
>>
>>1099050

To be fair though. He had probably had the position for quite a few years already. If you hold it for as long and ask for annual raises, then maybe when you retire you will also be making the same.
>>
>>1099056

He's been there since the company started in the 90s and goes on vacation with the owner/ceo. It's a smaller company that does contract work for Merck. It was stupid of me to be surprised of the low offer really. They recently replaced the Marketing manager with a $35K/year college graduate.
>>
>I'll immediately triple my pay with one career move
I think you don't know how the world works
>>
>>1099056

If you believe that then you're out of your mind.
>>
>>1099057
>>1099057

well there is your problem OP you gotta be kissing that ass and going on fishing trips.
>>
You're a retard with retarded expectations

Take the job, get the experience, go golfing and shit with the CEO and you could be in the same position. If you just buckle down instead of being a retard and renegotiate every few months while actively looking for other jobs you move further in the world.
>>
>>1099050
>trusted employee works for a company over the course of a lifetime, working his way up the ranks and getting a number of raises over the years
>millenial gets offered positiom after he retires
>BOOHOO I WANT TO BE GIVEN THE EXACT SAME THING HE RETIRED WORKED FOR. FUCKING BABYBOOMERS

Fuck your entire generation
>>
>>1100241
Probably won't make OP much happier making more than a comfortable living. Not a communist just saying, obscenely wealthy people don't appear very healthy or happy most of the time, they do seem to live longer though if you are into quantity over quality I suppose.
>>
>>1100244
Millenials are probably the most entitled shitty generation ever

>why isnt everything given to me WAAAAAAAAAA, give me more stuff, I demand free stuff, I deserve it as a human being of earth
>>
>>1100246
It'll make him more successful though. Instead of being a whiny bitch try and make something of yourself.
>>
>>1100244
>Jew wants the same (or more) work for 1/3 the price
>BAAAAAW MILLENIALL R ENTITLED!1ONE
>>
>>1100248
Kids when I was young:
"Thank God I was born in America. I can't wait to be x when I grow up."

Millenials:
"America sucks and is oppressive. I deserve everything for free like they have in one really rich country in Europe. I just want to be myself stop labelling me."
>>
>>1100255
It's called earning it. You don't deserve that money, doing the work is only a fraction of what you offer to a company. But hey, instead of taking advantage of an opportunity just bitch and complain like every other millenial as if the world owes you anything. The only reason that guy made as much money as he did was because he built a rapport with his boss and he was dedicated, loyal and committed to one company for that long. You haven't proven shit yet, you aren't loyal, you aren't committed, you aren't dedicated, you don't know the fucking boss, you don't go on stupid fishing trips or go have dinner with his family so he gives no fucks about you. Take the fucking job and build some relationships and stop expecting shit to be given to you on a silver platter.
>>
>>1100255
Kill yourself. You really think the guy OP would have replaced was promoted at the same rate as his superior? Fuck off faggot thats not how the world works
>>
>>1100264
You'really either a Jew or a cuck. Either way, kill yourself.
>>
>>1100266
You should also kill yourself.
>>
>>1100269
>I deserve free stuff just because I can do work at a moderate pace

You aren't a special snowflake, there are thousands of other people who could take the job OP is describing. Doing the work itself is fucking nothing, you don't bring anything to the table. Prove you're more than just a fucking retard who can do a simple task and that's when you get paid. You aren't getting free shit, stop whining like a fucking cunt.

>calling me a jew or cuck

But you're the one who is to fucking beta to realize you need to form relationships to move up in a career.
>>
ITT Millenials demonstrate why they will never be able to compete in the real world. Just sign up for welfare and give up now.
>>
>>1100275
Maybe you don't even rate Jew or cuck. You're just a gibsmedat who thinks your swinging dick covers up the stench of nigger.
>>
>>1100285
I'm a realist who works for what he has. I don't expect a fucking handout because i'm not a deadbeat.
>>
>>1100285
This is an 18+ website
>>
>>1100275

>You aren't a special snowflake

Says some boomer fuck that beneftited from 11 times (yes, literally FUCKING 11 TIMES) cheaper student debt and a non fucked and labor outsourced economy (which those boomer fucks outsourced all by themselves), while defending some oldfag jew getting 3 times the pay of the OP, for taking "fishing trips" or some shit. And why the fuck do you insist on "loyality, commitment" and shit like that, when the company will just fire anyone at the first chance, as soon as he stops making profit for the company? Fuck you and your whole faggot pension leeching faggot generation.
>>
>>1100298
lel

Not even a boomer. Just not an entitled fuck that wants shit handed to me. The reality is when live in a generation where everyone has a degree, most people can use a computer well. You aren't fucking special because you can do your job well. You provide literally nothing to the company that they can't easily replace. You need to provide more, this comes in the form of loyalty, dedication etc. If you're friends with the boss that also helps. If you don't provide something more then you're just another guy that can do the menial tedious work and that doesn't matter to anyone.
>>
Think of it like this:

You are a young talented left-winger on a soccer team. At the moment you are playing for the reserves, but the manager sees a promising potential in you.

Finally one day the manager sells his star left-winger (who is getting a star salary). Now instead of getting another star player from a different club, he bets on you and gives you a chance to prove yourself.

Do you think an unproven youngster will get the same contract as the seasoned veteran that left? Fuck no.
>>
>>1100301

>Not even a boomer.

You sure suck some mean boomer dick like you are one tho.

>You need to provide more, this comes in the form of loyalty, dedication etc

I can't fucking do that while everything is outsourced to chinks and some handsome jock faggots or plain jane cunts get all the jobs and i'm told to fuck off at every fucking interview now can I?

>If you don't provide something more then you're just another guy that can do the menial tedious work and that doesn't matter to anyone.

So basically just be a popular cunt that everyone automatically likes or have your daddy as your boss?
>>
>>1100309
>You sure suck some mean boomer dick like you are one tho.

I'm not a retard that has the same job expectations now as 20 years ago because i'm not fucking deluded and realize we live in a globalized world with the most educated population we have ever had.

>I can't fucking do that while everything is outsourced to chinks and some handsome jock faggots or plain jane cunts get all the jobs and i'm told to fuck off at every fucking interview now can I?

OP has an opportunity, instead of taking it he bitches he isn't getting paid more. You also need to try harder because you're doing something wrong.

>So basically just be a popular cunt that everyone automatically likes or have your daddy as your boss?

Yes, or start your own business, or prove you aren't a massive sperg.
>>
>>1100313

>OP has an opportunity, instead of taking it he bitches he isn't getting paid more. You also need to try harder because you're doing something wrong.

I have a shitty untrustworthy face. That's why I never get hired. Dead srs btw.

>Yes, or start your own business

I have thought about that, but I can't come up with an idea where I wouldn't have to communicate with people to make it work. Seriously, my face is so fucked, that no one will take me seriously, when I try to peddle some shit to them.
>>
>>1100306
Just tTsoccer player, a manager's market value increases/decreases with his track record.

So if you take the offer and then you really kick ass, you should absolutely re-negotiate your contract every year. And who knows, maybe in 5-7 years you will make 200k as well while still being pretty young.
>>
>>1100320
Post your face, OP
>>
>>1100369
nope
>>
>>1100241
>>1100264
>>1100275
>>1100301
>>1100306
>>1100313

These are the real deal. The soccer analogy is literally exactly how it works. Life is not difficult but it is a marathon. You play hard for decades for a potential reward towards the end of your term. There are rarely any shortcuts unless you are brilliant beyond comprehension.
>>
>>1099056
>making the same
>when you retire

That's dumb as shit, 200k won't be worth the same when he retires.
>>
>>1100246
I don't know about you guys but in central/eastern MA you need far more than 60k for a comfortable living. I make 80k at 26 and still can't responsibly buy a house until 30, won't pay it off until 45, and then I'll be focusing on early retirement at 60, which is barely a comfortable life, more like a life in general, and that's make 33% more than OP.
>>
>>1100771
>>1100824

Why do you think you deserve the same as other people?
>>
>babby boomers retire
>gen xers rip off millennials
Welcome to life, OP. To be fair ten years from now there will be no boomers in the market and the generation after millennials is not that big, so the pay maybe bigger in the future.
>>
>>1099050

You also have half the experience that employee had but you are still getting a raise. Don't like it? Stay in your current position and watch them bring someone else in.
>>
>>1100824
Is living where you are really that expensive? That seems crazy - 80k isn't a half-bad salary
>>
>>1100749
LOL. You'll end up near a broken pushcard by the end if you engage in wagecuckery marathons.
>>
>>1100248
i can't wait until i'm in a position of power, so i can irreparably destroy the lives of faggots like you.
>>
>>1100876
Because I walk the same Earth, live in the same reality, have the same needs?
>>
>>1101270
>have the same needs?
Sounds like the old "From each according to his ability to each according to his need" saying straight from Marx-Lenin's playbook.
You're on /biz son, git good.
>>
>>1099050
>waaaaa I can't negotiate
>waaaaa I'm worth just as much as someone with 20+ years experience
>waaaaa muh degree
So did I sum it up?
>>
>>1100824
> which is barely a comfortable life, more like a life in general

youre incredibly out of touch with how the average person lives. you make $60k/yr. the AVERAGE family only makes like $50k/yr.
>>
>>1099057
>merck

its not looking good OP
>>
>>1101270

No, you don't have the same needs, and you sure as hell don't have the same abilities.
>>
Previous employee
>25+ years of experience
>Founding employee
>Close relationship with CEO
You
>Less than 10 years of experience
>Barely knows the CEO
>Just a guy that got hired

There is no question as to why that guy made so much. Stop being so entitled you fuck. This is why people hate our generation.
>>
>>1099050
> >50% less pay
>greater than fifty percent less pay
Yeah, it's the boomers' fault you don't get paid
>>
>>1101206

Meh. Not really. I have a specialized skill set and great personality that has brought the bread to the table for the better part of a decade already.
>>
File: e98.jpg (73KB, 680x497px) Image search: [Google]
e98.jpg
73KB, 680x497px
>be millennial
>highly educated and tech savy
>get hired for cheap with all my skills and energy and push baby boomers out of their jobs
>our generation are making millions in the tech and financial industries
Other generations are so fucking fucked.
Give us 10 more years and we'll be taking over the government and commanding most businesses and industries and giving ourselves everything we want.

Millenials are the new Baby Boomers and we're more selfish, sociopathic, educated and capable than they ever were.
>>
>>1101913
>too entitled to start at the bottom and work your way up
Tell me more about how your generation will "take over the world"
>>
>>1101959
>demand entitlements
>get entitlements
We take over by not being a little cuck bitch and making demands like we can
>2016
>just accepting what you're given
stop sucking that boomer cock gen X
>>
>>1102200
>GIVE US ALL FREE SHIT
>system collapses under the strain of an entire generation of unproductive freeloaders
>WE RULE THE WORLD
It's not about "being a little cuck bitch," it's about "being a productive member of society to continue prosperity of said society"
>>
>>1099050
Get me in on that shit, I am down for $60k a year.
>>
File: 1453589696978.jpg (80KB, 640x539px) Image search: [Google]
1453589696978.jpg
80KB, 640x539px
>>1099050
>My Boss made $200K a year. He retired and they were looking for a replacement and offered it to me, but only offered a $60K salary
Wanting to make $XXXk.
Get your BATNA act together dude. You can't expect big money if you don't know anything about negotiation .

Torrent this: https://proxybay.online/torrent/13304280/TTC_Art_of_Negotiating_the_Best_Deal_compressed_2Gb

or: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROlDmux7Tk4&list=RDROlDmux7Tk4#t=3m2s
>>
>>1102202
Millennials know how to work, even op knows how to work otherwise he wouldn't be offered the promotion anyway.

Just asking and demanding might not get him 200K but he has every right to ask and try to negotiate an extra 10k onto his pay.
The fact that you wouldn't even try that and just accept what your'e given like oliver and his bowl of gruel is why Gen X should be called Gen Cuck.
>>
>>1102232
You're the one bringing up the entitlements you "deserve." No one here is anti- pay negotiation, junior
>>
>>1101301
>not looking good
>fortune 500 company.......
>>
If you want to make 200k anon: take this job for 1 year to get management experience. Then put your resume out there and market the shit out of yourself. Your next position will be in the 120-160k range assuming you live in the US. Spend two years there and then look for a position in middle management: that should get you up to 200k.
>>
>>1102291
you deserve what you can get
if he manages to convince his boss that he should be paid 200k like his predecessor then he deserves it
>>
> Boomers
> Implying they deserves high salaries for their experience

My job is litteraly replacing high-paid Boomers by Excel Sheets in a bank. They don't do shit all day and think they're irrepleacable. Fuck them.
>>
File: F1BWG00Z.jpg (45KB, 360x450px) Image search: [Google]
F1BWG00Z.jpg
45KB, 360x450px
>>1102384
I'm getting a little tired of the whining you younger fucksticks bring to the workplace. Listen up: I'm going to tell you what no one else will.

The little whiny bitch in you shitbirds is getting squeezed out of you by those fucking skinny jeans you're wearing. Look at images of young people in the early sixties and guess what? Those kids, the "boomers" you shit on daily, were already wearing skinny jeans! We fucking give you that fashion statement and you go and fuck with it with your fucking shaved-side heads and moused faggotry pile of hair on top as you go around looking like a fucking gay viking who spent 20 years on an island where they tap dark ink into your sking and pierce your fucking genitals, lips, eyebrows while their putting Ubangi discs in your earlobes. We wor Hai Karate while you numbnuts splash on Axe like you're going to an Iranian wedding. And you have the gall to shit on us boomers because mu career, muh job, muh style. Get used to it you little dickbeaters because one day soon, the turd that was conceived in the back seat of the same Uber car you used to go to a plaster genitalia art exhibit with the rest of your hipster asshole friends will be your boss and you'll be an old fuck and out your ass will go. So, grow up.
>>
>>1102487
>implying millennials in all our intelligence and energy don't create longevity drugs and cure aging
>implying we're not going to be the first generation to not die of old age
hahaha enjoying being dead faggot
>>
>>1102528
>millennials on track to die younger than parents will because most are obese
>innovation in medicine has virtually stopped dead because millennials care more about getting published than fixing a problem
>millennial doctors statistically "hate" their jobs and there are too few for all the fat cows they have to treat
>"first generation to not die of old age"
>*has an ADHD social anxiety panic attack*
>>
>>1102558
>he types on a website made by a millennial for millennials
>>
>>1102575
>millennials argue with irrelevant word salads

Tip of the ol' cat video to you too sir! Upvoted. Thank god almost none of you want kids.
>>
>>1102575
>millenials creating and consuming meaningless entertainment
Yep, it checks out
>>
>>1100749
That's right goy work your hardest. You have to be a genius to be rich!
>>
>>1099050

12k more is a big chunk of extra cash, why wouldn't you take it?
>>
>>1102918

Yes, you can inherit billions and then turn it into millions. Why is this interesting?
>>
>>1100244
you know unless you were born in the 70s youre still considered a millenial
>>
>>1102923

I, for one, think it's incredibly unfair that the OP would be lesser paid by such a large amount.

But I'd still take that $12K fucking raise if they wouldn't give me a $13K raise.

$12-13K extra a year and you don't even have to mortgage a moral or ethical principle!
>>
Didn't know what merck was so i looked it up.
OP at least you can steal some nice drugs to chill out
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.