[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think will happen to colleges in the US eventually?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: o-GRADUATION-facebook.jpg (291KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o-GRADUATION-facebook.jpg
291KB, 2000x1000px
What do you guys think will happen to colleges in the US eventually?

Will they become subsidized? Reworked entirely from the inside out?

What will happen to degree worth? Will the bubble burst soon and everyone will move towards trades?

Your thoughts?
>>
It's going to be a long a long time before that bubble pops

It's not going to pop during the Millennial lifetime.

It will happen somewhere near the middle of the Generation Z lifetime.

The massive housing and tuition costs are going to make that Starbucks job

A one room house with no plumbing will probably be a billion dollars in Ausfailia by that time
>>
>>1098708
>degree worth
it boggles my mind how people pretend there was ever any economic value to having a degree. do you realize you're still not thinking any differently from the people who got tricked into those retarded loans?

nothing significant will happen. tuition might drop and schools might stop growing in size. alternative programs will provide the same education and technical skills online or through on-demand tutors/trainers. young adults will continue to be ABSOLUTELY fucking retarded, if not with money then with something else, and you'll be talking about another "bubble" of bad decisions. maybe fast food.
>>
>>1098805
>it boggles my mind how people pretend there was ever any economic value to having a degree.
Would you trust a doctor or an engineer that told you he was qualified because he watched some videos online? No? Then shut the fuck up.
>>
go to college, study hard, party harder, fyi education in america will never go out of business. college was the best time of my life
>>
>>1098808
>Would you trust a doctor or an engineer that told you he was qualified because he watched some videos online? No? Then shut the fuck up.
I would if he could pass a stringent exam and then residency, earning the OK from a qualified-to-train-noobs doctor; as in, how it used to be.
Similar for engineering.
>>
>>1098708
Everything will move online for the cheap and degrees will be almost worthless.
>>
>>1098808
If he could get licensed why not? That qualifies him as much as any other retard that calls themselves doctor.
>>
>>1098836
And where would they learn such a challenging and arcane set of skills? Perhaps some sort of school?
>>
>>1098840
That's literally the way it already is just about every career with a college degree attached to it. Have you never heard of someone taking their boards?

Sure, there's a possibility you could pass the exams without getting a degree, but that's pretty much unheard of because all these armchair "experts" are really just pseudointellectuals that don't know shit.
>>
>>1098841
>And where would they learn such a challenging and arcane set of skills? Perhaps some sort of school?
People used to just buy the books and do the work, attending a school wasn't mandatory.
>>
File: Own yourself.jpg (264KB, 800x1149px) Image search: [Google]
Own yourself.jpg
264KB, 800x1149px
Some of us like the classroom setting
>>
>>1098708
Bachelors will be high school 2.0

Post grad will be college.
>>
Degree worth will never change. The people who are actively doing what they can to improve their skills outside of class and find opportunities will find jobs just like they do now. There will simply be an increase in unemployed college graduates.
>>
>>1100740
>smart people will survive
>>
Is college really worth doing if I was going to be a gym teacher?
>>
>>1100713
not will be, absolutely is

any decent 20/hr job out of school, anywhere, requires a prerequisite of a college degree. all entry level, not minimum wage, job postings will state that. i have applied to about 100 jobs the past few months. not a single one doesnt mention a degree as a requirement.

i have seen a fair share of job postings, for jobs asking for 1 to 3 years experience, actually say masters degrees were preferred. for these entry level white collar jobs any neanderthal can do. I was always under the impression that a masters was something you might get on a mid career basis, depending on the need, and usually on the company dollar. Now I'm seeing fellow undergrads applying for grad school for fields they don't need to get masters in, probably because its so fucking tough getting ANY job that pays a living wage even with an undergrad degree.

only way you'll get around it is in a trade. and you will make decent money doing grueling work, but never make a cent more, and be out of a job in 20 years when your back goes to shit. But hey the world needs plumbers. Im glad some people are willing to handle that shit.
>>
>>1098808
the education and experience is what qualifies him. would you trust an engineer who got his "degree" from an online course that he just paid for you piece of shit?

and he's clearly a doctor or engineer by that point, not a random kid with a piece of paper he thinks is valuable. not that it makes your question any more relevant to what i said. the handful of careers that have rigid education requirements still require a fuckload of far more meaningful action beyond getting a degree. and most of those guys still get nowhere.
>>
>>1098836
Most of med school is video lecture right now ...
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.