[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which companies stand to make the most from VR? Seems like its

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
Which companies stand to make the most from VR?
Seems like its gonna do well in the next few years. Buying shares in a company that stands to make money on vr seems like a good idea.
>>
>>1097902
Sony or Facebook.
>>
>>1097917
Get the impression Fb has had its day, it will be around for maybe 5 years more then get replaced.
Sony, I haven't heard anything about so don't really know.
>>
>>1098172
Well youre feelings are irrelevant to commerce. Facebooks positioned to be a top player in VR
>>
Sony because they can distribute it the easiest with their existing platform. Console peasants love those extra attributes.
>>
>>1098212
I'm a big fan of Sony. Have a PS3, a PS4, and I like shoving the PS4's success in /v/'s face, BUT Sony doesnt have the best batting average with periphrials.

The PS3 had some sort of webcam thing called The Eye that failed, then there was the PS Move which also fell flat, and I think one time they even came out with some kind of Hooked on Phonics shit with J K Rowling and that fell flat. People who own Playstations dont buy stupid gimmicky bullshit.

Granted, virtual reality has a lot more appeal than the eye and motion controls, but I'm just saying Sony's track record in this department is lackluster. Hopefully I'm wrong and their VR Headset gets a lot of support, but it's not a sure thing.
>>
>>1097902
Google.

They're currently making a standalone headset that has no external hardware requirements.

Google always wins.
>>
>>1097917
Currently, HTC Vive offers everything Sony/Facebook do, but also offers room scale, which is mindbogglingly better.

Sonys motion controllers are poorly tracked, and the hardware isn't really up to par to delivering a solid VR experience.
>>
Diversify with Google/Facebook/Sony/NVIDIA.
>>
>paying into the VR bubble

no way VR is going to be profitable within the next 10 years.
>>
>>1098549
Sony will probably be PS4 exclusive, The PC versions will be high end. Oculus released their recommended specs and they are high. Look at NVDA and AMD. HTC is a foreign company and Valve is privately held.

Maybe look at the Samsung Gear VR and see what you think. It's for mobile users.

I want to see who will be making good software for VR. Look for Indie studios staffed by neckbeard coders who will make weird fetish shit.

I predict the Vive will be big with gamers and enthusiasts, mobile stuff like the Gear, Google Cardboard, and the new Viewmaster will get popular for casual users, and Apple will release a headset for use with the iphone in a couple years.
>>
>>1098549
room scale seems great until you realize you need a large empty space to use it, not very practical
>>
>>1098221
Also the ps4 is severly underpowered for VR and everything will look,shitty and give headaches because of not high enough framerate
>>
ARHT Media. Target price is $0.50 for Q2 2016. I wouldn't be surprised to see them getting bought out by the big fish (which means ++++ on share price).
>>
http://www.arhtmedia.com/blog/warren-buffett-visits-arht-media/
>>
>>1098809
>>1099059
Thanks Anon, might be one to buy and wait
>>
What you have to keep in mind (and most people here don't seem to do that), is that VR will most likely, even if successful, only be a small part within big companies like Sony, Google, Facebook etc. So buying stocks of those companies just because they are developing VR while neglecting the other branches of operation seems kind of stupid.

Tbh, I would look out for smaller companies that only focus on VR and that have some growth potential in the future
>>
Anime studios

God bless the waifu age
>>
>>1099937
Why is that stock getting posted all over here? What makes it better?
>>
>>1100043
Because someone woke up today and though "How can I be the biggest faggot possible today?"
>>
>>1098548
>a standalone headset that has no external hardware requirements.
this is going to be the key to winning the upcoming VR wars. I don't know how plausible it is though, considering the specs required for the occy.
>>
File: walter.jpg (58KB, 750x441px) Image search: [Google]
walter.jpg
58KB, 750x441px
http://fourhourworkweek.com/2016/02/16/scorpion/

This guy is very very long the technology, but says there are no players in the game yet.

and that what's out right now is currently trash. Give it time.
>>
>>1100043
it's called touting, bruh.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.