[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bitcoin is the idea that its protections can't be thwarted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 1454008085883.jpg (6KB, 100x91px) Image search: [Google]
1454008085883.jpg
6KB, 100x91px
Bitcoin is the idea that its protections can't be thwarted by any authority. No military has the hidden capacity to break Bitcoin? Bullshit.
>>
File: image.jpg (492KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
492KB, 1920x1200px
>le advanced military meme
>>
>>1097868

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXW02XmBGQw
>>
Bitcoin has been hacked and stolen from wallets multiple times
>>
>>1097878
Correction: Bitcoin resellers and THEIR CUSTOM SOFTWARE has been hacked. Bitcoin Core has been hacked once and fixed when hardly anybody knew about it.
>>
>>1097878
>guy leaves his wallet on the street
>it is stolen
>"central banks have been robbed! cash in insecure!"
>>
>>1097879
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Bitcoin#Creation

Sauce
>>
>>1097883
To be fair, if you have a shitty bank and your card is stolen, you can be reasonably pissed at your bank if their protections are so inadequate they can't reverse the money that was lost.

With Bitcoin, it's the Wild West.
>>
>>1097890
banks consistently try to fuck you for depositing too much, withdrawing too much, squeezing your balls for huge fees, if I want to transfer money , having too little in an account, spending too much in an account , etc. etc.

with bitcoin it's all in your own hands. if you follow safe practices it's more secure than banks. but most people are idiots and need to have someone they can call and bitch at with mock indignation when they fuck up.
>>
>>1097897
>but most people are idiots and need to have someone they can call and bitch at with mock indignation when they fuck up.

And this makes people say UP UP UP in regards to Bitcoin? Are people expecting an intellectual revolution to where 6 year olds are taught how to keep a Bitcoin wallet secure?
>>
>>1097900
>this makes people say UP UP UP in regards to Bitcoin

no. the ramping up of banks underhanded fuckery makes people say up.

negative interest rates, banning cash, capital controls, etc.
the tighter they squeeze, the more people are going to look for a way out
>>
>>1097928
The average Bitcoin true believer in a nutshell everybody. Dump every currency, all your investments for bitcoin because everything sucks but bitcoin rocks.
>>
Bitcoin is just another commodity like gold and oil
>>
>>1097935
How?
>>
>>1097947
Scarce
known supply
fungible
>>
>>1097952
>Scarce
I prop up an altcoin with the same amount of computing power? (I know, it would take some work)

>Known supply
You can have this one due to buttcoiners being so bent on this.

>fungible
Let's how the hard forking debate works out and if we see people trading two versions of Bitcoin between each other until one die.
>>
>>1097956
>Let's see how the hard forking debate works out, and if we see people trading two versions of Bitcoin between each other until one dies.
>>
File: grief1.jpg (65KB, 751x522px) Image search: [Google]
grief1.jpg
65KB, 751x522px
>>1097857
>>
>>1097957
You're an idiot if you actually think this would ever happen.
>>
>>1097900
Bitcoin will reach mainstream adoption eventually and used daily, but guess what, we don't even need that to hit a trillion marketcap. Since when do 6 year olds use gold? Since when does anyone use gold? exactly.

>>1097956
Point 1 is stupid and you know it.

Point 2 is also stupid.

Point 3 is also stupid: People is waking up and realizing Bitcoin Classic is yet another power grab trojan horse attemt pile XT, but even under an unrealistic hardwork scenario, you would have automatically the same amounts of coins you have in your wallet into the new blockchain, but guess what, since this only can happen after massive consensus, by the time this happens no one is going to trade you shit for the old chain's coins.
Another nocoiner bites the dust.
>>
>>1097900
Dumb normies can use custodial wallets if they're so scared of losing their bitcoins - but the underlying protocol allows anyone interested complete control over their money, and that is a very powerful thing.
>>
>>1099371
>Depression
So I've been "almost there" for half of my life?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.