[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really want to start making videos as a semi-hobby that could

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: youtube-logo-full_color.jpg (29KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
youtube-logo-full_color.jpg
29KB, 670x377px
I really want to start making videos as a semi-hobby that could potentially make money. Anyone have any experience doing this on youtube or elsewhere?
>>
>>1097142
Just start with it. And you'll find out soon enough it's a ridiculous idea. Or you'll prove everyone wrong.
>>
>>1097142

I am not a youtube celebrity. However, all the youtube celebs that I know of seem to be entirely dependent upon their Patreon.

From this I can infer that there isn't any money in putting content onto youtube itself. The real money is in growing a fanbase and getting them to cough up $5/m.
>>
>>1097369
What is patreon?
>>
>>1097578
It's a type of knee pad.
>>
>>1097151
This

I did it for a while with a group (wont name) before we all quit one by one. It primarily focused on minecraft videos for young audiences. The main "series" had a few million views per episode. Most of the money went to the editors (who also ran the youtube account and was really shady about how much we were actually making). I only got about $50-$100 per 10-30 minute video for script writing and voice acting. About a few hours of work on my part per video.
>>
>>1097369
Yup, you got it. The most popular shows have a charismatic host, or someone who is somehow interesting, and work hard to develop their fanbase to eagerly support via Patreon.

If you have a non-annoying voice, good delivery, clean and professional style and a good quality microphone, you might have a shot. Don't be like 99.99% of YouTube peeps, rambling in a too-fast near-monotone and being an annoying fucktard, and you might have a chance.

But even then, chances are you'll go nowhere. Barely more than 400 YouTube channels have passed the 1 million subscriber mark. It's a much more exclusive club than one may realize.
>>
>>1097631
That's not a terrible payout. Sounds more like you got bored. Or maybe you had too many people to split it with?
>>
>>1097151
As Picasso said, the first to
W you make something, it is not beautiful. But then others come along and make it beautiful.
Wife drives me insane: I need YT vids for my business. Buys Mac computer. Makes movie, NEVER EDITS IT, NEVER UPLOADS IT TO YT.
>>
>>1097142
Nothing as oversaturated as the youtube channel market.
>>
What type of channel are you making?

I think most youtubers are just uploading as a hobby and to promote their own websites/sponsorships. (Where they actually make their money.)
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-10-18-26-42.png (875KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-10-18-26-42.png
875KB, 1920x1200px
>>1097142
Easy peasy
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b8tyPsNrvjc
>>
>>1098433
To expand on this, most gaming youtubers also run a twitch account. They accept donations and sell subscriptions for five bucks a month. Youtube may do this as well, but I havent been on there much.

By streaming quality live streams a lot and having a good personality you can get quite a bit of donations. It takes a while to get to this point, but ive seen people make 100 bucks in an hour of streaming easy (the viewers are shown when somebody donates and how much.)

The other part is making a brand for yourself. Logos, giveaways, tshirts, your own website, and all that other bullshit is what you need to shill relentlessly.

Get your viewers and subscribers involved with your stream. If you are playing a multiplayer shooter like call of duty, try to get them in your lobby. This will build a bond with you and your viewers and make them want to keep following you. This will also help you meet new people and/or personalities that can be integrated in your videos.

Manh gaming channels have a short group of buddies that play and stream their separate accounts together while sharing eachothers links. This helps you share the bulk of the viewers and help eachother reach a larger audience.

This is all easy on paper, but a drain to do in real life. As a hobby you won't make much money. Most if not all successful youtubers and twitch personalities got their fame by doing it as a full time job.

You will have to start by spending a lot of time, and getting very little if anything in return. This can be very discouraging for beginners but it seems once you get to a point you break through and pick up speed (assuming you have good stuff.)

It's certainly possible. New channels get big every year. Usually when a new game comes out (fallout 4, ect) Just don't think you are going to walk right in and start making money right away. It can take well over a year before you see returns.
>>
>>1097142

I have a successful personal Youtube channel and also run a successful network. I could answer some questions if you want.
>>
>>1098480
By "successful", I mean full-time (either one alone would be enough for me to live comfortably as a single bachelor), not top-100 channel status.
>>
>>1098480
how Long you around YouTube?
>>
To become YouTube successful you must create content that people want to watch. It has to be entertaining to millions of people. Then you make money from your viewership. There are many ways to achieve that goal, some have high production costs and some only have the cost of a lowend video camera. You'll have to figure that out, because anyone who knows the answer will do it themselves.
>>
>>1097142
Anyone know what its like to have a review channel? There's hundred of girls who just talk about makeup and have tens and hundreds of thousands of subscribers.

I'm thinking about making a review channel that doesn't have a theme and sticks to whatever I like. I could review a knife, then a camera, then a tent, then a album, the a movie, then a gun, and so on.

There are people who review tons of guns and knives (nutnfancy, hickok) there are people who review music (fantano) and there are people who review movies (red letter media, yourmoviesucks) but no one really has done all three
>>
>>1099173
It was proven a thousand times already that this doesn't work. Your Channel/Blog/Website will run better if you focus on one topic or multiple related ones. Even the big youtubers open a new channel if they want to conquer a different topic.
>>
>>1099173
There is a channel that does this. I think it's called unboxing therapy or something like that. Just in case you wanted a reference point.
>>
>>1099173
Why dont you create a makeup channel?
>>
>>1099500

Exactly dubs. A make up channel for fags.
This is something you know about!
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.