[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the real reason professors want students to visit real

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: a-cool-building-singapore.jpg (213KB, 550x733px) Image search: [Google]
a-cool-building-singapore.jpg
213KB, 550x733px
What is the real reason professors want students to visit real companies? They claim it is to help students meet up with companies to increase their future job prospects?

What is the real reason? Is it to steal ideas for research? Is it cause it is more interesting for them to read? What is the real reason?
>>
>>1095685

>>>/x/
>>
The optimist in me says to ensure that's what students know what they're getting into and will continue to peruse.

The realist in me says you're absolutely right — to plagiarize.

Now get back to work and write essays so they can harvest more ideas.
>>
>>1095685

It really is for the benefit of the students. To get them exposed to as much of their future work environment as early on as possible.

No researcher worth their salt gives a shit what companies do. Academic research is typically on a different level and type of doing things than practitioner research. (This comment does not apply to engineer in general).
>>
>>1095685

I'm currently in the process of planning an event at my company that'll involve touring business students. Faculty members from a local university approach the company with the intent of allowing students to take a peak into our operations so that they could have a glimpse of what may lie at the end of their post-secondary tunnel.

It should really benefit both our company and the students.
>>
File: 1450904224740.gif (2MB, 209x213px) Image search: [Google]
1450904224740.gif
2MB, 209x213px
>>1095685
>>1095692
>There going to let the student interns see any ideas valuable enough to steal.

The realist in you should realize thats really retarded.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.