[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anybody here design websites for people? what's the minimum

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1452024756017.jpg (395KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1452024756017.jpg
395KB, 2048x1536px
anybody here design websites for people?
what's the minimum I should learn before offering it for money for small businesses?
>>
>theyll_never_know_we_are_black.jpg
>>
>>1094333
Wordpress(with relevant php) html css
>>
>>1094333
are you the guy who made that email scraper last week?
>>
>>1094333
You don't need to know anything. Just buy WP themes and modify/populate them.

You'll find that it's significantly harder to market web design than you currently think.
>>
>>1094344
>>1094344
I've never used wordpress but I know some php
>>1094426
comically yes, I'm looking to build some credibility locally because my project is that ridiculously small scale
>>
>>1094333
Minimum? Probably how to use bootstrap, and just make pretty static websites.
>>
>>1094344
>>1094430

Why is everyone talking about wordpress? In my experience Joomla is seriously better.
>>
>>1094333
>make about $700 a month setting up websites for small businesses in my spare time
>don't know shit
>only use the assorted templates i find online
>>
Web designer and graphic designer for 5+ years here. You should know at least solid HTML, CSS, and being adept at customizing WordPress can get you better (serious) clients. Knowing PHP and JavaScript are also good assets. Also knowing the bases of good web design is very helpful if you want to make the internet a more beautiful place. Alternatively, you can also decide to give no fucks and create shitty ass websites for gullible clients, throwing your integrity and any sense of pride you might have by the window. The choice is yours.
>>
>>1094333
That's a nice picture :)
>>
such a cute pic
i wish i had a wholesome family
>>
I'd like to say you need to know how to design a website but the reality is that all you need to be good at is telling lies and making excuses.
>>
>>1096483
racist
>>
>>1096434
nice! how much knowledge do you have
>>
>>1096457
define solid
>>
>>1096390
Because Jomlo isn't Wordpress. That's why people are talking about Wordpress.
>>
>>1097085
Just build a couple sites for yourself. And you'll notice soon enough that you're ready.

I am currently building a website for my own online business and it's pretty much state of the art and a product of love. But I still just learn things on a need to know basis. But with each website I make I learn new things and think: man, I wish I knew this sooner, then I would've done a lot better job.

That's why using Wordpress is so great. If you stick to their coding standards it's harder to fuck up and find out later you used some irreparably bad design.

I made like three websites for other people. And the first website I build was a completely static site, so I literally copy pasted menu's across html files. And the menu was build in the discontinued Adobe Fireworks program and almost impossible to change manually. And that woman who purchased it still asks me for updates sometimes. At those moments I tend to ask some extra money for the suffering I have to go through having to deal with my own bad design.
>>
>>1097105
haha sweet, I've built a few basic ones with php etc but being self taught I have no idea if I'm good enough

do people have to pay a subscription to use wordpress or is it just the templates that they buy
>>
>>1097111
Wordpress is a CMS, which pretty much means it's a free .php template for the backend of a website.

You can just download it and add your own theme. The documentation of Wordpress is sufficient, although it sometimes misses vital parts. But with plugins and google-fu it will all come togheter.

I wouldn't really recommend using other peoples themes from the start, because building your own theme at least once teaches you a lot. And themes of other people never really do what you want to do. But if you want you can download lots of themes of other people for free.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.