[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

- Anyone here have a successful and durable experience in fo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: trading.png (188KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
trading.png
188KB, 400x267px
- Anyone here have a successful and durable experience in forex trading ?
- What's techniques did you use ?
- With how much money did you begin ?
- Gives me advice for a beginner like me, please.

I am really sad when i read specialized forums in forex, why?
Because all the trading journal I read ends the same way :
They end up losing all their gains and have their account to 0 dollars, after 6 months or 1 year.

I need testimonials from people who really live forex successfully since several years.
http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/70214-truth-about-forex-you-cant-become-rich.html

I think this method is the best to learn forex or index cfd:

Depositing tiny amount less than € 200 and try to make it grow until 1000, once in 1000 reached 900 withdraw.
With the remaining € 100, try to grow them again to € 1,000, remove 900 ... etc.
Do it 10 times successfully
Instead of dropping € 50,000, losing after six months, redeposit € 20,000 and lose again after one week.
>>
>>1092127
coll idea for a thread bro, glad you started it

I'm an FX expert - what do you need to know?
>>
>>1092127
10 times a 1000% increase with forex? hope you live forever
>>
>>1092127
im the alaska forex guy and im back [email protected]
>>
>>1092127

ignore technical analysis, that will save you a lot of time and money
>>
File: greed.jpg (297KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
greed.jpg
297KB, 3264x2448px
>>
>>1092838
how many pips you make today
>>
>>1092127
From my SMALL experience fundamental is at least as much important as technical analysis.
>>
>>1092838
someone should just archive one of the previous dozen versions of this thread and repost it to save everyone the time of recreating the same posts...

>technical analysis is awesome

>technical analysis is rubbish

>yay daytrading, I make 10,000,000% from daytrading

>daytrading suxs, read some academic papers on it I have autism...

>hi everyone I'm a guy from alaska who's played around with some retail fx accounts for a couple of months, please let me manage your savings
>>
Math guy here. Just popping in to friendly remind you that most (if not all) of the so called 'technical analysis' is certified astrology tier bullshit. Good for jokes about how economics is filled with idiots and also for keeping people in the dark about investing, but that's about it.

Have a nice day guys.
>>
Okay, how does this sound guys? The Russian Rouble is in the toilet, no doubt about it. Is it smart to expect it will rebound after oil prices climb again and all this political tension, sanctions etc calm?
>>
>>1092783
email ?
>>
>>1095271

yes
>>
>>1094118
you forgot

>gibs me holy grail forex systems for basement dwelllng autismals
>>
>>1093498
Stop shareing pics of my bedroom in your threads
>>
>>1092127
Keep a three month time frame.

Forex companies have great growth but never last. It's because of how desperate third world markets are for innovation, but poorly educated the owners always are.
>>
>>1093498
>>1096435
>basi and flask starting
>viper on safe
BRO....
>>
>>1096435

what's your result this month ? - 15 % on all your demo account ?
>>
Trading for the better part of seven years now, just started to turn consistently profitable two years ago and going through the final stages of automating a different system that I've been working on for three years.

I use median lines to trade (andrews pitchforks and trendlines only) as well as years of experience to identify proper setups to trade them on. Can't give you any tips aside from practice and ignore indicators because they're all stupid dogshit and anyone trying to sell you something wouldn't be selling you it if it actually made money.

My automated system uses mean reversion (that is, the concept is price will always return to the mean) as its principal theory, with a shitload of money management to tighten it up so it doesn't just piss money down the drain. I've been working on the automation pipedream since I got into trading forex and have had probably over a hundred failed concepts ranging from simple systems to complex neural nets designed to try to 'learn' the markets.

I was pleasantly surprised to see the bot handle the CAD's recent problematic behavior so well, but it did open up a couple new ideas to help mitigate damage done by misbehaving currency pairs.

The only person I recommend paying any attention to would be Tim Morge. Don't buy his shit, all his free webinars found on Interactive Brokers' website are all you need after you've got a good grasp of the basics of forex.

The reason why anyone can make money in Forex is because there is an endless legion of stupid people who treat it like gambling or don't have proper money management pumping money into the system. It's a lot like online poker in that regard. The only way you're going to succeed is through years and years of grueling experience. It isn't fun, it's extremely time consuming, but it pays off if you've got the right mind for it. The only problem is you won't know if you do or don't until you've already invested the time.
>>
>>1098514
>Trading for the better part of seven years now, just started to turn consistently profitable two years ago

Not OP but why did it take you so long? Is that common in Forex? Shit seems more challenging than day trading. I also see people claiming it's a scam and that brokers trade against you. I thought about getting into it but seems like a lot of losing before you win.
>>
>>1098528
Brokers do trade against you, for the most part. Like I said, it takes a lot of dumb idiots dumping money into the system to make it work. Brokers know this, so they take losers, buy their position from them, and just take the money they made by covering the position.

As for why it took so long, no idea. I don't really concern myself with how long it takes someone else to learn something, I just do it until I learn it. Forex is hard and it's very, very easy to lose everything (I totaled a couple accounts before I got the hang of it). Most of the people who do well that I've spoken to have been trading for 20-40 years (my father's got around 30 years of experience), which makes me think 7 years really isn't so bad.

As for day trading, it is much harder. Forex markets don't have the same kind of rhyme and reason to them; stocks are what my father and I trade when we want something easy to do. It's incredibly boring though, so it's never been something I've really stuck to. It doesn't make sense, but I've never been able to force myself to do anything I didn't enjoy.

To clear that up, as much as I said forex isn't fun, I still enjoy it on some base level. I guess the challenge is what keeps me hooked, though now it's just a way to make money without having to worry about answering to anyone aside from myself. I could have started a business instead, but I hate dealing with the general public.

For your last point, it is a lot of losing before you win, but it's manageable all the same if you can get the right mindset. I wasn't able to take it seriously with fake money because the psychology behind trading real, actual valuable dollars I could have traded for food or luxuries was totally different to something I couldn't use for anything but trading.

I started with a $250 account trading micro lots (nets you 10 cents per pip) with 50:1 leverage. Burned that account over three months. Cont'd
>>
>>1098555

Next accounts were ones with $1k in them each, trading mini/micro lots with 50:1 leverage (best you can get north america).

Those again were all sacrifices to the forex gods, though it was all money I had saved up and thus could afford to lose. I can't stress that part enough; if you can't afford to just take a lighter to the money, if that money would be money you needed to pay bills instead, do not use it.

After that, I had an account with 10 grand in it that was a gift from my girlfriend's grandparents. I lost 30% of that account over six months (not consistently winning, but winning enough to stay delusional about my at the time abilities) before I realized what I was doing and stopped and reevaluated my strategy. From there I filled the account back up with my own money and I've been doing well enough where I don't have to work a real job anymore.

I'm not rich by any means, but nothing beats not having to answer to some dumb faggot pushing you for better productivity so you can make money for him. Sure the broker takes a commission, but I'd rather pay that then work a real job.

The biggest aids I had were Tim's videos as well as brainstorming with my father. It really, really helps to have someone with a different perspective to bounce ideas off of and to run the statistics with. He's actually developing this mean reversion bot with me.
>>
>>1098561
Who is Tim? Link?
>>
>>1098652
Tim Morge is a fairly successful Forex (among other things like futures, commodities, stocks) trader that handles the accounts for the royal family, many Saudis, among other big names

https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/?f=%2Fen%2Fgeneral%2Feducation%2FpriorWebinars.php

Go to Industry Sponsored and then filter by speaker Tim Morge. The videos are long, but you can watch them dozens of times over and still learn new things
>>
>>1098657
>https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/?f=%2Fen%2Fgeneral%2Feducation%2FpriorWebinars.php
cool, thanks
>>
>>1098555
>Brokers do trade against you, for the most part.

probably best to avoid bucketshops

interactive brokers, LMAX, FX futures on the CME... will tend to remove that inherent conflict of interest
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.