[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2016 >HOLDING MONEY THAT LITERALLY EVAPORATES, EVEN BEFORE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: poof.jpg (149KB, 720x473px) Image search: [Google]
poof.jpg
149KB, 720x473px
>2016
>HOLDING MONEY THAT LITERALLY EVAPORATES, EVEN BEFORE INFLATION

TIME TO DUMP ALL UR EUR CHF SEK
>>
dump and Buy ETH. it will be best performing currency of 2016
>>
File: rates.png (44KB, 726x520px) Image search: [Google]
rates.png
44KB, 726x520px
>>1092094
>.001 BTC WAS DEPOSITED INT YOUR ETH SHILL ACCOUNT

GO WITH USD HOLDING FOR NOW

CRYPTOCURRENCIES ARE STILL SCAM CENTRAL UNTIL THEY SHAKE OUT PROPERLY, RIDICULOUS RISK PROFILE
>>
>>1092086
you do realize that only applies to federal fund rate and not your actual money correct?
>>
File: cashnegative-interest.jpg (40KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
cashnegative-interest.jpg
40KB, 650x366px
>>1092115
BANKS BASE THEIR RETAIL RATES AND FEES OFF THE BENCHMARK RATE

TO HOLD FRANCS OR EUROS AT MANY BANKS NOW YOU ARE SUBJECT TO NEGATIVE INTEREST RATE PASSTHROUGH, IE CHARGED RATHER THAN PAID TO KEEP YOUR MONEY WITH THEM

AS RATES STAY NEGATIVE OR GO DEEPER IT WILL GET WORSE

IF FED FUNDS RATE CHANGED DIRECTION AND WENT NEGATIVE, AMERICAN BANKS WILL HAVE TO FOLLOW SUIT AND CHARGE THE CUSTOMER TO HOLD USD, OR EAT THE LOSS WHICH BANKS AREN'T IN THE HABIT OF DOING
>>
>>1092115
He does not realize that. If you linked a news article or study he and most others would read the title and then draw a conclusion from that
>>
Consumer savings accounts have a minimum of 0% interest. The only thing they can do is raise fees.
>>
>>1092139
Even in countries with negative interest rates, banks aren't actually charging customers just to keep their money there. That would cause a run on banks. Instead, banks are charged by the central bank for the money that they keep there. The idea is usually that instead of hoarding money, it'll encourage banks to lend more.
>>
File: 6of1featureimage.png (161KB, 504x360px) Image search: [Google]
6of1featureimage.png
161KB, 504x360px
>>1092213
>raise fees
>>1092242
>banks aren't actually charging customers just to keep their money there

"Banks cannot currently pass on negative deposit interest rates to their household customers," Prendergast explains, "so they need to claw back margins in other areas."
Despite the assurances of central banks, ordinary businesses and people sometimes feel the pinch. Germany's Deutsche Skatbank reportedly is levying a 0.25 percent charge on deposits greater than 500,000 euro. Several Danish banks are charging depositors to hold their money.
-
The Federal Reserve has not yet determined whether it would be able to legally implement negative interest rates in the U.S., Chair Janet Yellen said.

"I would say that remains a question that we still would need to investigate more thoroughly," Yellen said Wednesday in response to questions from the House Financial Services Committee in Washington. "I am not aware of anything that would prevent us from doing it, but I’m saying we have not fully investigated the legal issues -- that still needs to be done."

"I do not expect that the FOMC is going to be soon in the situation where it’s necessary to cut rates," Yellen said during her testimony. The possibility of negative rates is "something that, in light of European experience, we will look at, we should look at -- not because we think there is any reason to use it, but to know what could potentially be available."
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.