[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone please explain to me why it's in your own best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: boydidwedo.jpg (832KB, 1998x3000px) Image search: [Google]
boydidwedo.jpg
832KB, 1998x3000px
Can someone please explain to me why it's in your own best interest to earn money through "honest work" rather than through stealing or mooching?

Is it at all?

I'm looking for something a little better than name-calling, ad-homos, what your dad used to tell you and all that usual horse shit.

Looking for valid logical arguments.

Feel free to refer me to books/URLs if you don't feel like taking the time to explain it all (as long as they actually answer my question, not just to shut me up)

If you try to persuade me with insults I promise you the same in return.
>>
>>1082840
Because longterm is win, and theft rarely work longterm
>>
I was trying to answer the question on my own.

Best I could muster is:

- to avoid jail-time
- to gain approval of your peers, which can be a valuable strategic asset, nothing to do with how you view yourself privately

>>1082848
good point
>>
Human kind evolved in a tribal society. Honest work means work, that is useful for the tribe. Someone, who is not useful for the tribe will be punished. Male cotribalists wont trust him and stand by his site in war or conflict. Female cotribalists wont mate mith him. He is an outcast. Thats why.
>>
>>1082840
Stealing is against my morals and you can't live your entire life living off of stolen goods.

I'm all for mooching right now but I'd rather make something of myself in the long run. If your goal in life is to shitpost on 4chan until age 45 where you die of heart failure from too much microwave mac n cheese, then sure, do credit card fraud/mooch off your parents.
>>
>>1082840
Stealing and fucking over people is best way to make money and you will need to do it when you want to run a business.

If you're not able to fuck over your competition lives with lawsuits you're not made to be a businessman and should just wageslave because there will be people willing to fuck you over
>>
>>1082881
>Someone, who is not useful for the tribe will be punished.
>He is an outcast. Thats why.

So it's simply about following the rules of a society.

If you want what a society has to offer for compliance --> follow the rules. If you don't don't.

What it offers may be in your interest, or may not be.

>>1082881
>Stealing is against my morals
In my country it's rude not to eat ur own shit after you're done defecating. Save it.

>and you can't live your entire life living off of stolen goods
It's difficult. May not be what you want. May be exactly what you want.

>I'm all for mooching right now but I'd rather make something of myself in the long run.
Holy fuck I'm inspired. I bet your mom is proud of you. Wanna suck on my fat cock? Heard it makes something out of a man. Seriously please kill yourself.

>If your goal in life is to shitpost on 4chan until age 45
My goal is to shitpost till I'm 80, you got a problem with that?

>then sure, do credit card fraud/mooch off your parents.
You sir changed my mind. Me do no baddie cause I feel shame now. I wanna please and be good. I do goody. Fuck off.
>>
>>1082840
Read how to Win Friends and Influence People.

Act like a good guy but have an agenda to maximize profits long term.
>>
>>1082933
>Stealing and fucking over people is best way to make money
Short-term maybe. Until it's out.

>If you're not able to fuck over your competition lives with lawsuits you're not made to be a businessman and should just wageslave because there will be people willing to fuck you over
Fighting doesn't make you a cheater. Lawsuits aren't illegal. They're by the book. Some people are abusing the system, I agree with that.

I'm accusing you of being jealous of people doing better than you. To not feel like an absolute piece of lowlife trash you call them thieves to feel better about yourself.
>>
>>1082943
Will definitely, thanks.
>>
>>1082947
>To not feel like an absolute piece of lowlife trash you call them thieves to feel better about yourself.

this is the wagecuck mindset in general

do good but keep in mind you can bend the rules at times without hurting anyone. it should be your goal to be good nonetheless, but from the "absolute logical" standpoint of doing business,
>>1082848
has the right idea. it's hard to get away with something without someone knowing
>>
because it feels good to do good things and bad to do bad things.

seriously how is this not answer #1
>>
>>1082840
Because when you fuck up, the cops will take your shit?

Civil forfeiture
>>
>>1082950
>this is the wagecuck mindset in general
How come?

>do good but keep in mind you can bend the rules at times without hurting anyone.
>it should be your goal to be good nonetheless

Who are you to give me advice? Wasn't asking for any. Even if you're right.

I'm more interested to know how you arrived at your conclusions.

Do you know the difference between giving advice and proposing an argument?

If I wanted a set of instructions to follow I'd just look for someone to dominate me and become their follower.
>>
>>1082972
>because it feels good to do good things and bad to do bad things

As long as "good" and "bad" isn't simply vested interest. Your parents most likely tell you to fend for yourself to get you off their neck, not because it's somehow morally beautiful.

>seriously how is this not answer #1
You confuse good/bad with interest. Being "good" isn't about simply about following orders blindly.

>>1082974
Nice way of putting it.
>>
The simple and honest answer is that theft and leeching is unsustainable. You will eventually get caught/thrown-out, and it will likely come at a time you are unprepared.

Further, there is very little room for growth and you will endanger your situation by trying to. A flashy new car might attract police attention or the person you're mooching off of to renege.
>>
>>1082999
>stealing and leeching is unsustainable
>little room for growth which endangers your situation

Sounds good to me.

This especially makes sense when you DO have the skills and opportunity to do things legit.

These are good, convincing reasons.

Why stir the pot when there's ways to do things smoothly?

I wonder why all the bullshit about being good/bad coming from so many people, as if it actually meant something. As if Lawful-Evil and Chaotic-Good didn't exist. What sort of a tool do you have to be to think if you follow the rules you always end up being the good guy? Life isn't like that at all.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_control_theory
>>
>>1082980
Look at the wording of your op again.
>Can someone please explain to me why it's in your own best interest to earn money through "honest work" rather than through stealing or mooching?
If stealing and mooching are the only alternatives to "honest work", then it is morally imperative to work honestly. Starving artist is a different category.
>>
Well, as Barry Minkow puts it, the question isn't if you'll get caught or not, its when you'll get caught.
>>
>>1082840
goodgoy.theJPG
>>
>>1083242
That is simply not true. That implies there are no unsolved crimes.
>>
>>1083110
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_control_theory
Big thanks to you sir!!

>>1083206
>If stealing and mooching are the only alternatives to "honest work", then it is morally imperative to work honestly.
Why should I give two dicks about your two-faced self-serving morality? (except to avoid conflict) Take it and shove it up your ass.
>>
This has been way too over complicated.

Living off theft and fucking people over pissing people off won't work for more than 3 years. You'll either go to jail or get killed quickly. Relatively high reward but literally certain risk of suffering soon.

This is why all career criminals are dumb. There is not a single overall smart one which ever existed.
>>
>>1082840
cheats have an easier time getting entry level positions
>>
>>1082840
Sustainability. Very few people are capable of screwing others over long term. You get caught or burn too many bridges or simply gain a negative reputation.

If you fuck people it's always short term, so you have to go big. And the bigger the money, the faster you burn yourself.

If you don't feel good after doing a job, you're doing the wrong job. Humans are wired to take pride in accomplishing things. Call it wageslave if you want, it applies to everything. I feel good after cleaning out the garage, building a play set for my kid, or working on my car. You would too if you took your eyes off that goal of being rich. Money is awesome and of course we all want it but shortcuts will only make you broke.
>>
If you step outside of the law, you need to rely on yourself or your team to stop "competitors" from walking over you.
What you will have to do in terms of violence before you can afford to stop violence (i.e made enough $ to retire) will change you as a person, and there's no coming back. Money does not buy peace of mind. Unless you're clinically impervious to guilt and empathy (a psychopath), it'll eat your mind.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.