[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good afternoon /biz/. I'm a 19yo that just started school

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: 1453329084504.jpg (195KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1453329084504.jpg
195KB, 1200x800px
Good afternoon /biz/.

I'm a 19yo that just started school with an MBA in mind. I've finally gathered the balls to start my own business, no matter how lowly it is. My idea is simple, I go around door to door and vacuum people's cars. I considered detailing and maybe oil changes, but after speaking with a renowned mechanic, I've learned it is not worth the investment and responsibility to perform oil changes and detail cars. (Auto anons can relate)

I live in a fairly suburban but yet rural community filled with 40-60 olds, mostly white. Low to mid-middle class. I was thinking about just simply knocking on their doors and saying something along the lines of "Hi, my name is anon. I'm trying to earn money for college and would love to make the inside of your car look beautiful at the same time."

The vacuum cleaner I have is a commercial grade shop-vac. It's not a cheap plastic thing from Wal-mart.

I'm conflicted about pricing. Of course, I will make sure to do an absolutely amazing job. I originally thought 20 dollars would be a fair price and could be sold easily. But I'm hearing all sorts of numbers from others. Anywhere from 5 to 30 dollars.

A factor I'm also conflicted about is that I do not have a generator to power the vacuum cleaner and even if I did have one, the noise would be a big turn off. I've thought about battery powered vacuums, but quality goes down the drain. My only option is to run a power extension cord from the customer's house.

So my questions that I hope you guys can help me figure is:
>Should I be honest and tell potential customers I'm earning money for college?
>What things should I say to get more people to say yes?
>What would you guys be willing to pay for some young adult to vacuum your car?
>How would you go about asking to use the customer's electricity?
>How would you react if someone asked to borrow your electricity while they were performing a service to you?

Thank you in advance.
>>
My car looks like shit inside! I would pay up to $20 for just a nice vacuum and dusting with a squirt of a fresh scent. I'd do it in a heartbeat. I have no time for doing it myself and would pay a fee similar to a haircut. Good luck anon! I hope you do it successfully and franchise it to NEETs.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.