[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here work in the HR field? I'm looking at switching

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Anyone here work in the HR field? I'm looking at switching careers and thought that might be the field for me. Do you enjoy it? How'd you get your first job in it?

Thanks in advance /biz/
>>
This is relevant to my interests as well
>>
I am not in HR currently, but worked in HR for a brief period in a major retailer. It was pretty easy, but the work was often tedious. You're basically worrying about all the shit no one wants to give the time of day to. I think just about all of us have ignored HR over the course of our careers (unless it's about compensation, lol).

The women I worked with were hot and cold. Usually cold. That's how I'd describe their attitude of interacting with prospects, employees, reps, etc. Like you were inconveniencing them by making them do their job. Sometimes it felt like a DMV experience, which I hated.

My advice would never lose your kindness, even if you're not a very social person. It's all about smoothness and pleasantry IMO. At least if you want to keep your sanity.
>>
>>1076064

good advice for when I actually get a job, but I'm looking more for what the job itself is like, and how to appeal to employers in order to get one

how'd you end up working in HR for that brief period?
>>
>>1076064
>often tedious

like what? Just office admin tasks?
>>
Those who can't do, teach. And those who can't teach, become that cunt in HR who lectures you for 6 hours on sexual harassment
>>
>>1076064
>it felt like a DMV experience

As someone who recently got their license (actually permit at 18), that sounds horrible. Dumb acne covered bitch was talking to me like I'm the reason she'll spend the next 30 years giving people vision tests.

/blog
>>
>>1076068
Not him, but there are a LOT of regulations concerning employment, and depending on what the company does to make money, there can be only some compliance things, or there can be shitloads, and a lot of it is just mindless paperwork.
>>
>>1076117
you work in HR, then? If so, how'd you get the job? Any insights as to what employers are looking for in their HR employees?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.