[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I couldn't become an engineer due to physics word problems,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Untitled.png (43KB, 480x586px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
43KB, 480x586px
Okay guys, what's a good university and business type major to go to that will help me land a job as an economist/business type employment. I'm 27 years old, so I need as much prestige and desirable business major out there. I live in California within an hour distance of LA and San Diego. I tried for computer engineering, but Physics fucked me over. Here's my transcript. Any major that will at least take Calculus II+ so that I can say that I didn't waste a year doing additional Maths.
>>
>>1069868

TWENTY SEVEN?

LOL DUDE GET A JOB ALREADY HOLY FUCK
>>
>>1069870

In what? Every job out there wants a degree and no employer even gives me a call. I had odd end jobs where I worked as a dish washer, but that's about it. I don't want to be 40 and have a minimum wage job.
>>
>>1069873

Well at this rate you will be 40 with no job.

Honestly, I hate people that think they are too good to work minimum wage, when their time is worth minimum wage, because they have minimum brains

Get off your high horse
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 216x187px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 216x187px
>>1069876
>>
File: 1386303604709.jpg (18KB, 248x262px) Image search: [Google]
1386303604709.jpg
18KB, 248x262px
>>1069868
You need to get a job. You're too old to be playing at a confused college major.
>>
Connections and social skills are what get you there, not what's on paper alone.
>>
>>1069878

It's fine to be in school. But get a job while you're in school.

40 hours of school a week and 40 hours of work a week will teach you DISCIPLINE.

That is the most important lesson you will learn in life- school will not teach you it.

Get a job, or better yet, make one for yourself. Start a business,

Learn to repair washing machines. Buy a broken washing machine. Fix it. Make money.
>>
>>1069886

Well, I was actually planning on transferring first then getting internships to accommodate my learning. That way I'll have real world job experience with what I am majoring in. People have told me that working at dead end fastfood/retail jobs are not what employers will be looking for.
>>
Just go to Humboldt state. What are you doing wasting your time in socal?
>>
I went to school late after trying and failing a variety of things. I'll be 34 next month with a bachelors and this year I'll pass my CPA exam. I still never worked a job as an accountant. Did some office manager/ bookkeeper work.

My advice is this. Get your health straightened out first. Read the /fit/ sticky. Why? Because you wasted time and need a longer life to make up for it. My plan is to never retire. Work until I die. Do that and you will win! I think.
>>
>>1070071

If someone is willing to work for free, it shows the employer that they are a fool- this turns off a lot of employers.

Now, if you start a business repairing washing machines, this only shows good things to the employer. Also, you make money
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.