[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been killing it as of late by networking as opposed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1434319338107.jpg (37KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
1434319338107.jpg
37KB, 560x560px
I've been killing it as of late by networking as opposed to just applying for jobs. In the past week alone, I've made five new connections and I've already secured another informal interview for next week. I'm looking for full-time PR work in a different city from where I currently live, but I feel like I've made a ton of progress towards that in a relatively short period of time.

Just so I can glean on some of you guys who have done stuff like this to get work before: How soon can I expect one of the contacts I've made to turn into a full-time job offer? My goal is to move out of my parents' house and get my career started by May or June, but I'm giving myself early-Spring as an optimistic start date. Is this a good way to think, or am I in for a rude awakening and is this going to be a longer process than I think it will be?
>>
>>1069626
It will be longer than you think

The person has to like you to offer you a job.

When you mean connections you mean you went and talk to the rich guys at the golf club or you went to one of those expo kinda things with stalls for a variety of large-medium firms?
>>
>>1069631

It's been phone calls with higher-ups in my industry and people who own small PR firms. One interview was actually a "drop off my resume" visit that turned into an interview because the guy I talked to had time to kill.
>>
Gonna be a longer process than you think, unless, of course you start sucking dicks.
>>
>>1069636

Hey dude, you have nothing to lose and alot of people think that the only way to network is through programs set up by companies, also, some companies like the hunger it shows if you just rock up and ask for a job.

Umm, it will take longer than you think, but, it will defs be quicker than going to expo shit or any other main way of going through the process. Hopefully you have good grades and have some related work experience???
>>
>>1069776

I have two internships under my belt. I've been out of school for half a year and got nowhere because I was naive and thought that all jobs were listed on Indeed and other sites like that. I had no real career counseling because I thought I had everything under control.
>>
>>1069785
Okay good, internships show you aren't retarded.

Unfortunately I know nothing about PR so I can't help you further.

BTW, you are doing a good job reaching out to these companies.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.