[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, I run a successful startup, and recently invested $1.2m

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 17mppqpfijoaxjpg.jpg (41KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
17mppqpfijoaxjpg.jpg
41KB, 640x360px
Hey guys, I run a successful startup, and recently invested $1.2m into stocks (6 months ago), managed by a company for a fee.

Despite my investments being down by around 2.5%, i think they've done a great job mitigating the losses over this period. 2.5% down is far better than everyone else's performance over the past 6 months that i've spoken to.

However, all this doom and gloom lately has been making me nervous, and I'm seriously considering pulling all my money out, and waiting for a crash.

I just had a meeting with them today, and they recommended i stay in, and that even if things go sour soon (which they don't think is the case), my portfolio will still flourish in the long term.

I don't disagree with them, however, i'm concerned i may be missing an opportunity to double or triple my money.... and I can't shake the feeling that they just don't want me to pull out.

Would love to hear some random peoples opinions. Thanks.
>>
>>1066777

> they recommended i stay in, and that even if things go sour soon (which they don't think is the case), my portfolio will still flourish in the long term

Did you expect them to say otherwise??? Rofl...
>>
>>1066777
Pull out half. If there really is a chance to "double or triple your money" then you increase your worth by 50% or double. If it doesn't happen, and you suffered a 2.5% loss, it's no big deal.
>>
>i'm concerned i may be missing an opportunity to double or triple my money....

Who isn't? That's investing for you.
>>
>>1066777
>However, all this doom and gloom lately has been making me nervous, and I'm seriously considering pulling all my money out, and waiting for a crash.

>BUYING HIGH
>SELLING LOW

L m f a o. Even people with millions do this retarded shit?

>I just had a meeting with them today, and they recommended i stay in, and that even if things go sour soon (which they don't think is the case), my portfolio will still flourish in the long term.

If they are making money they will not advise against their own interests. Do you think they'll say(Nah senpai just don't give us your money, be a customer elsewhere but not here, ok?)??

You should've just taken this money and parked it into low-cost ETFs.
>>
>>1066786
I had my money in ETFs before going to these guys.

If i had kept my money in those ETFs, I'd be in a faaaaaaar worse situation than 2.5% down

>>1066784
Sounds like a decent plan.
>>
>>1066788
>I had my money in ETFs before going to these guys.
>If i had kept my money in those ETFs, I'd be in a faaaaaaar worse situation than 2.5% down

And? Do you not understand that it's called LONG-TERM INVESTING?

Even if the market is down 40% that year it just means that the next few years you're going to get gains that will balance it out and then some.
>>
File: 1452137534214.jpg (101KB, 1080x598px) Image search: [Google]
1452137534214.jpg
101KB, 1080x598px
>>1066791
He's still doing long term investing, with a better return. You're yelling a point to someone that they already understand and execute better than you do. You're embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>1066791
I agree with what you're saying, and i'm really happy with the service and management these guys are providing.

I'm just having doubts due to all the naysayers around. I'm inexperienced in the area (obviously) and it makes me nervous.

Next time just say "keep your money in, invest for the long term". No need to be rude.
>>
>>1066794
>He's still doing long term investing, with a better return. You're yelling a point to someone that they already understand and execute better than you do. You're embarrassing yourself.

He's clearly not. Read his posts. He's having a near heart-attack because the s&p fell 4% or whatever.

>>1066795
>Next time just say "keep your money in, invest for the long term". No need to be rude.

Ok... Put your money into low-cost ETFs and keep it there for 10+ years. Do not panic or withdraw it.
>>
>>1066788
It is a decent plan.

What you're doing is investing with emotions and you'll get a constant push, pull, push, pull thing going between fear and greed. Driving yourself crazy in the process.

If you know you've made a well researched and educated choice where to park your money then just ride it out. Plus if you're well diversified you should already have some of it liquid if you wanted to add to your current positions or other opportunities.
>>
>>1066798
>having a near heart-attack
I think my posts have been pretty calm.

>Ok... Put your money into low-cost ETFs and keep it there for 10+ years. Do not panic or withdraw it.
Thanks for the advice.

>>1066799
I have about another million in liquid cash at the moment, so I'm in a healthy position to invest further in the event of a crash.
>>
>>1066800
Well there you go, why fret?

Every single time I've made investment decisions with my emotions I've lost money. Seriously, every time. I'm not quite at your bankroll but relatively speaking, they were costly lessons.
>>
>>1066810
Well, i'm partially worried that the economy is just in a really shitty place, and maybe it wont spring back after a crash.

I think it may be a little naive to have some blanket rule of "leave your money in for the long term and everything will be great!".
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.