[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to build up a private income from stocks and bonds. Specifically,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: vlcsnap-2015-11-15-13h17m33s578.png (918KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-11-15-13h17m33s578.png
918KB, 960x720px
I want to build up a private income from stocks and bonds.

Specifically, I'm buying for dividends and coupons, not for appreciation of stock or bond value.

As far as I can tell, 5% is an average annual return.
I would reinvest three fifths of the return to counter inflation, then keep two fifths as income.

I am obscenely patient, which is just as well, because I have to start small.
I want to establish an inflation proof income with the value of $1 per day. Then I'll do it again, and again, and again. But baby steps.

Based on my figures, $365 per year represents two fifths of a 5% return, so I would need $18,250 (100%) in capital to get it.

So, suppose I had 18K. Where and how in the USA or the EU should I invest it to get reliable 5% return?
>>
>>1063296
7.7 is the s&p return over time, dont go for dividends, buy stocks and sell the gains and just pay the asmall 15% capital gains tax and you'll be a few % ahead of things over time (go play with a compound interest calculator and see what 1% does over 20 years when youre talking real money)

So going from lets call it a 7% return, with you having to reinvest 3% to hedge against inflation (you said youre being conservative) that leaves you 4% drawdown from the nestegg per year

meaning for every 1 dollar a day you earn you need 9125 dollars in the nest egg.
>>
>>1064238
Selling sounds like a headache. I'd much rather just buy something evergreen and forget about it.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.