[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some certifications and degrees that are low time investment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1453635374462.jpg (28KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1453635374462.jpg
28KB, 720x720px
What are some certifications and degrees that are low time investment with good salaries and employment security?

So I have a business venture that is starting to be more trouble than it is to operate. I want to close it down and find employment. Problem is, I have a non-specialized management degree that hasn't really gotten me further than underemployed clerical jobs. Honestly why I went self-employed in the first place. So now I'm looking for a career focus and real skills. I have enough money and time to get another degree, MBA or certification so that factor is not an issue. I'm even open to switching from business to tech, health or something else if the result is practical. What's wise to do here?
>>
>>1062559
no certification has a good salary or employment security by itself

certifications are only a means to an end. they will help you get past the gatekeeper who checks your CV when you apply for a job but they don't actually prove you know anything.

however, generic project management certifications such as PMP are a reasonably good bet.
>>
>>1062559

Even if you get a qualification, you're still going to have to start at the bottom of the ladder and work your way up so stop trying to half-ass it. Decide what you want to do and throw yourself at it, none of this "low time investment" easy street shit and expecting to be earning six figures in three years.
>>
>>1062568
>no certification has a good salary or employment security by itself
True, I think of it more like a step booster.
>PMP
Very interesting, though I prefer a career that is less people intensive

>>1062625
Still, it's better pay and a smaller job pool starting as something like a certified network admin than a marketing assistant or financial clerk. There's no magic bullet but I'm looking for an option that would be the path of least resistance so to speak.
>>
>>1062559
Since you already have an undergrad, going for a CPA or CFP is pretty easily done in a year or year and a half of masters. The CPA is pretty tough but you'll make a decent living with good job security. Plus you'll be able to file all the tax forms for that company you're trying to start
>>
>>1063770
Not him but what about a CFA?
>>
Sell real estate bro.

>5% commish
>sell 1 house for 200k per month
>youre making 120k

Honestly sounds too fucking easy I think im going to do this if I get fired from my current job.
>>
>>1064780
>CFA
I checked this out a bit too and from what I can infer it is mostly useful for people already in the industry and not someone looking to break-in
>>
>>1064787

Very few real estate agents sell a house a month. Very few. A lot of agents would be happy with selling 5 or 6 a year with your lower end agents who work for someone like ReMax might only be selling 2-3 houses a year
>>
>>1064861
oh fair enough.

I graduated college and I have no clue what I want to do.
>>
>>1064787
>5%

My RE agent got 2% on our place at 130k. Who is paying that much for agents when there is such a large supply?
>>
>>1062559

Idk but I did a Post Baccalaureate Human Resources Certification, after my B.A in Political Science.

I'm making 95k a year @ 27 in the field....
>>
>>1064780
>>1064861

CFA helped me. I was a software engineer. The CFA gave me a huge in to classic financial firms and financial tech companies alike.
>>
>>1066807
Very cool, did you stop at Level I? How hard was the exam? Was preparing for it anything special?
>>
>>1064787
lol, no

my sister is just getting started in real estate. she makes maybe 3% comm on houses in the 100 to 200k range max.

its a lot of hustling for little reward. after a year she'll be lucky to have made 30k. the benefit though is she can set her hours. much easier to sell cars. larger demand and better profit margins.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.