[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesnt /biz/ have a sticky/wiki? I want the the TLDR on what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: CJzSBxIW8AAUqAh.png (233KB, 475x315px) Image search: [Google]
CJzSBxIW8AAUqAh.png
233KB, 475x315px
Why doesnt /biz/ have a sticky/wiki? I want the the TLDR on what do with my money.

I have ~13000USD in stock that my grandfather gave me when i was 10. Thankfully my parents didn't let me sell it and blow it when I was 18. Im 22 now, they still have technical control but I'd like to start really investing it smarter and generating something resembling a monthly income. It's in some kind of high dividend stock right now, with all the dividends going back into the stock. Sorry I dont know much about it desu.

Is it possible to generate a couple hundred a month with it? Where do I start researching? What is a meme here and what is legit advice?

Basically, wat do.

sorry no /biz/ pics so heres some bullshit that keeps showing up in my newsfeed
>>
Find out which stock first, if its linked too heavily with the price of oil then I'd wait till later to start fiddling around.

I wouldn't expect too much money from it - high reward always comes with high risk. As a rule of thumb you might gain a 20th of your money per year.

Stocks are great and all but for most people they'll never replace a job.
>>
>>1061629
90% of it in this. The rest is in SNP 500 something or another
>>
>>1061568
investopedia.com

1. Read every article you can and get familiar with all the terms.

2. Watch the many, many interviews with warren Buffett available on YouTube.

3. Read books on investing, starting with "The intelligent investor" by Ben graham.

Only then should you even think about touching that money.
>>
>>1061673

I think it's too much to expect returns of more than $100 per month if you want to play it safe. There are lots of high risk trades which rake in larger profits but without deep knowledge of the markets (which I don't have either fyi) it's little more than a gamble.

Also, what's a "Ben Franklin generation" and how does it relate to a guy on a boat?
>>
File: CBT-Unhelpful_Thinking_Styles.png (269KB, 826x1169px) Image search: [Google]
CBT-Unhelpful_Thinking_Styles.png
269KB, 826x1169px
There you go, mate.
https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started
https://www.reddit.com/r/personalfinance/wiki/index

You'll only find memes in here. I'll never understand the purpose of this board.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.