[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /biz/. I'm starting a new business building and installing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: raised-garden-beds-2.jpg (34KB, 285x222px) Image search: [Google]
raised-garden-beds-2.jpg
34KB, 285x222px
Sup /biz/. I'm starting a new business building and installing above ground gardens. Help me come up with a witty/clever business name.
>>
DUDEGRASSLMAO
>>
>>1058437
Higher ground?
>>
>>1058442
There you go
>>
>>1058442
Ooo
>>
>>1058442
...Damn. That's gold.
>>
>>1058442
Yeah, I just called my partner and he loves it. Probably will do it, but we're going to keep brainstorming using this as the standard.
>>
The Hanging Gardens? Or are people too stupid to get the reference?
>>
2high4uPlants

GreeneryScenery

UPlants
>>
>>1058437
Strange Fruit.
>>
Dirt Plots R' Us
>>
Above Ground Gardens
>>
>>1058466
Feels like the name is more grandiose than the actual business concept. I try to keep the client base and the potential work in mind whenever making decisions like that. Would be nice if there was a niche market for high end trellis and arbor plants/gardens.
>>
you'd have to be a huge incompetent asshole to hire someone to build and install gardens

the hardest part is the irrigation and even still, a quick google search and you can definitely do it yourself
>>
>>1058499
>hurr why hire someone when you can do it yourself

Well Fuck, I guess theres no need for maids, chefs, gardeners in general, or any menial service sector work.
>>
>>1058499
>You're worthless unless you do all physical labor yourself.
You sound like more of an asshole
>>
>>1058524
>>1058541
hammer+nails+wood+soil

don't act like this is hard manual labor, you literally nail 4 boards together and fill it with soil
>>
>>1058544
You've clearly never been an old lady or a fag. Ever watch either wield a hammer.
>>
>>1058437
I was going to call my gardening business "roots maneuver" kind of only works if you live in the UK and are familiar with hiphop artist roots manuva but whatever.

http://youtu.be/VqSJsmOLSTI
>>
>>1058544
>gardening isn't hard work

Spend 6 hours digging a vegetable patch and get back to me.
>>
>>1058499
>being on /biz/
>not realising wealthy people dont care for manual labor
>hurr durr everyone must be like me im a fago
>>
>>1058437
Goggle 2
>>
File: Theodore-Roosevelt.png (1MB, 1285x713px) Image search: [Google]
Theodore-Roosevelt.png
1MB, 1285x713px
>>1058442
nice one anon
>>
>>1058490
Underrated
>>
>>1058437
The Beanstalk
>>
Above Your Land Marketing & Operations
>>
>>1058437

Kings of the hill
>>
SmartGardenz
>>
>>1058455
>my partner
I hope you mean your lover. Having a business partner is a fucking terrible idea unless you have a VERY well written business plan and partnership agreement.
Without everything really spelled out, there will be disagreement, and it'll end up costing you the business and the friendship.
One of you needs to own it and take the other as a contractor or employee
>>
Soilwork
>>
Blood, Sap and tears
>>
Boxplant
>>
>>1058437
Very nice business, what zone are you in? I've been wanting to do something similar with raised beds. Is that what you're doing?

I've actually been wanting to create an urban farm. See if you're making raised beds, why not make you're own compost? You can get ton's of woodchips for near free and hell, you might be able to get some foodscraps from a local kitchen.

And heck, if you're growing compost I'd use chickens to help it out. Think of it; the compost will attract bugs and worms and things, and what do chickens love most? Bugs and worms and things! Chickens will do that by tearing up the ground with their claws. You can get great compost with good turning.

You can also plant pretty closely together if you try. Some people go by square foot gardening, things like tomatoes and such. Some people even make mini "food forests" where everything in the forest, like acre or so, is edible. I mean that's large scale but imagine having one of those. You could literally sell everything. You could charge people five dollars a bag to just go and pick whatever they want. Local is kind of in, at least where I'm at.

I mean the acre thing is large scale but I'm sure someone could do something like that with their backyard, not necessarily the forest thing but maybe a farm. How many people's backyard are kind of just, there, doing nothing, ya know? You could go to a farmers market on the weekend or even just sell out of your house, frontyard backyard I'm not sure.

Just a thought I had. You could especially set up in a neighbourhood thats kinda poor ya know, if you're brave. One thing poor people lack is fresh food, and if you could maybe through in some volunteer for some free or cheap food you could earn their respect or something, Haha. You could get their food scraps maybe. Low input to your business.

Just a thought I had. Sorry for creating a rant thing on your thread.
>>
>>1058437
Best of luck op
>>
Instead of being witty consider your story(what you'll be focusing your marketing on,) what you intend for this buisness(local or Internet sales.. part of the community?,) and your customer base. Why should you exist; who will buy your product?

You may well just want to throw your names on the sign and call it a day; unless your market are trendy millenials why would you take the witty approach to naming? I don't think you've given enough info for us to give you a solid name.
>>
>>1058437
Grow Up
>>
>>1058437

Hitler Ground
>>
>>1062867
So god damn true. Have employees not partners.
>>
File: car-bmw-fake-e1400207078522.jpg (35KB, 400x280px) Image search: [Google]
car-bmw-fake-e1400207078522.jpg
35KB, 400x280px
GreenTopz
>>
File: carlos.jpg (27KB, 200x229px) Image search: [Google]
carlos.jpg
27KB, 200x229px
>>1058437

>Till It Like It Is
>Lettuce Lift You Up
>Dig In
>Grow A Pear
>Crazy Hoes
>Two Peas in a Pod
>Peas on Earth
>Garden Gnomes
>>
>>1058437
Boxed Vine?
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.