[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Suppose I start a publicly traded LLC with a fixed address and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Suppose I start a publicly traded LLC with a fixed address and phone line.

The business is hollow, though. One employee (me,) who does nothing.

What would happen if I successfully sold shares of the dud company?

Could I get a business going just by selling shares to raise capital, assuming I'm mainly selling to personal contacts in a Glengarry Glen Ross kind of way?

If I sold 49% of the shares at such and such a price while retaining 51% of the shares for myself, would I then be able to sell those shares for that price on the open market (i.e. not to people I've talked into it)?
>>
If you could somehow pull off this con, you'd still need to pay tens of thousands in fees to get listed on the market.

It's like everything else that makes money, in that it requires money
>>
>>1052453
That sounds odd.
You can buy everything under the sun directly, why not shares?
Middlemen are going the way of travel agents.

I was thinking of doing this repeatedly; setting up increasingly non-dud companies, pumping up the share price, and cashing out to make a new company, leaving only one true lemon and plenty of well-branded niche businesses in my wake.
>>
>>1052445

LLCs can't issue stock for trade. The term shareholder is different than in a corporation. You'd need to form a C-corp, maybe an S-corp.
>>
>>1052602

Well, to register on the market requires filing documentation. Also, any shareholder of a business has the right to request the business financials or through a proxy such as a lawyer or CPA.

All it takes is one screw up and you are in jail for a very long time, and probably personally bankrupt. In cases when you are attempting to defraud someone, then any liability protection from the corporate veil will be pierced.
>>
>>1052611
Oh. I thought it was a catch-all term for a legal individual business.

It will almost certainly be a Hong Kong company.

>>1052620
I suppose I'll have to put on a better show than spinning in a chair in an empty office, then.
>>
I was 17 once.

It passes OP
>>
>>1052445

Ask the owners of $WNDW how it's done.
>>
>>1052716
Right about the time you enter the real world and get crushed?
I'm sure you know all about that.
>>
It's basically called securities fraud- various 3 letter government agencies don't take too kindly to that stuff.

And in order get listed on the OTC market, you'll still need a shit ton of documentation and falsified financial statements. If you can can fake those documents, you'll probably end up making more money creating and managing those documents for an actual company with lower likelyhood of going to prison.
>>
>>1052445
Exchanges require you to have a certain amount assets and/or income.

If you have a few million in properties you could just put ur properties down, but, they would be collateral
>>
>>1052445
>suppose I start a publicly traded LLC

ahahahahahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhaha
>>
>>1052445
Do you know anything about regulated markets? This shit isn't the wild wild west. Everything you do will be scrutinized, the SEC demands that you hire a certified accountant to file quarterly reports on your company for all potential buyers to see, and good luck doing the whole 51% dump thing without going to federal prison for fraud.

Nobody invests in hollow businesses. They'll look at one quarterly filing and see that your company is trash and doesn't do an damn thing.
>>
>>1053664
>>1053687
So, how does investment work for companies not listed on exchanges?

>>1053707
I'm glad you're having a good time :o)
>>
>>1053719
Not really, no.
I'm not based in any one country so government scrutiny is not on my mind.
>>
Make a company in China, the get it OTC listed in the US.

Make the ticker a meme so we know to short it
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.