[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just had a phone interview for a pretty big finance internship.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

I just had a phone interview for a pretty big finance internship. Interviewer called me and asked me with a cold un,emotional voice to walk him through my resumé

>incredibly nervous
>resumé/past job experience not particularly relevant
>rest of the interview is purely technical
>get 4 questions
>shaky answer on 1
>completely miss 1 ("I have no idea.")
>Says he's done with questions, asks me if I have any questions
>I say no (mistake I know) and goodbye

How fucked am I? Will they at least email me to tell me I'm not fit for the job?

I feel disgusting
>>
>>1043940
Lol
Don't even bother waiting for an email
Good luck with your next interview
>>
>interviewer is so swamped and/or careless he asks interviewees to conduct their own interview because he doesn't give two shits

lol.

Yeah, he's already forgotten about you.
>>
>>1043945
Hahaha okay.

I feel like it could have gone so much better but the person interviewing me just seemed so emotionless and heartless. This was also a freshman/sophomore position, and I was shocked by the difficulty of questions they were asking. Hardest question:

You're straddling a stock with an underlying value of $50. What is the ideal (∆ option price) / (∆ stock value).

I had no fucking idea.
>>
File: 1452474989983.jpg (146KB, 798x612px) Image search: [Google]
1452474989983.jpg
146KB, 798x612px
>>1043940
nah OP, they don't give a shit about you
>>
>>1043958
He was fielding out your skills, the junior level stuff anyone can do, if you spend enough time working there you'll receive the bigger projects. Basically he wanted to see how long it might take to train you
>>
>>1044058
do you think getting 4/6 is bad?
do you think he'll hold my nervousness against me?
>>
>>1044074
Not in that line of business but my manager often has me at meetings with Hr at IBM and if there is one thing those guys love its motivation. Confidence varies, but ideas and thoughts on the positition is actually for many student jobs, weighed above school/unique competencies
>>
>>1043940
>Strong knowledge on options preferred

Did you even study your options you dummy? This failure is on you pham
>>
>>1044091
noted
>>1044103
yes and i got the first 3 options questions right without hesitation but >>1043958 blew me the fuck away
>>
>>1043940
Nah man. I bombed a phone interview while still in college too. Just move on
>>
>>1043940
Hope this is a paid role OP, they are expectng a lot from someone who wouldnt have even graduated uni yet - valuation knowledge, VBA and macros etc seems pretty hardcore for someone who hasnt even graduated yet.
>>
>>1043940
>"working with Financial Advisors and their team to provide support"

Is this an internship for a team of financial advisors? If so, you're probably going to be doing a lot more coffee and doughnut runs and setting up marketing events than coding macros or valuing stocks.
>>
>>1044207
it's $20 per hour
>>1044226
it's a 2 year private wealth management internship at UBS. 3 interns working with a team of 10, working directly with MD
>>
>>1044245
I wouldn't sweat it if you don't get a call back. I was an intern with a team in the Merrill Lynch Private Bank in college and quit after five months. It looked good on my resume, but the work was bullshit and it is really hard to make it in wealth management coming right out of college.
>>
>>1044338
Good to know. What made the work bullshit though?
>>
>>1044384
Most of the job is marketing and trying to kiss the clients' asses. The actual financial analysis/portfolio management was pretty simple/mundane stuff. If you're a people person and you like to schmooze and create fancy bullshit marketing materials, private wealth management might be good for you (and obviously some people do make a lot of money doing it). It didn't fit my personality at all though and I ended up going into M&A consulting, which I find a lot more satisfying.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.