[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /biz/. What makes a good manager? Im looking at being an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Hey /biz/. What makes a good manager? Im looking at being an assistant manager soon. Yeah its not much but it got me wondering anyway.
>>
Paint the fucking parking lot on the first day
>>
Fake it 'till you make it
>>
>>1039713
It depends on your employees.

I'm not a manager, but there are a few things I've observed:
-Try to make clear what the action items are for your employees. Don't leave them guessing or you will be underwhelmed
-Favor iteration over trying to make things perfect. Be patient and calm so that employees aren't afraid to come to you with work-in-progress. Make clear to employees that when there is something to be delivered you don't want to see something perfect you want to see it at 80% so you can provide feedback.
-Don't fuck up and say something inappropriate or you will regret it.
-Don't visibly favor one employee over another
-Flatter slightly for morale but don't go overboard.
>>
>>1039765
I would say it more depends on the type of job. But I agree with your list. You forgot the most important one of all: Just b urself
>>
>>1039713
an assistant manager basically goes around and helps the real manager manage things.

You learn your stuff from the manager you work with.

if you have concerns just be proactive and show up willing to learn everything that your boss puts in front of you
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.