[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So with the upcoming recession/depression, what are some economic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: RentNotAffordable.jpg (83KB, 530x412px) Image search: [Google]
RentNotAffordable.jpg
83KB, 530x412px
So with the upcoming recession/depression, what are some economic downturn proof jobs?
>>
>>1027347
blue collar trades.
plumbing, electrical, hvac, etc.
>>
>>1027347

Insurance, it is one of the best protected jobs I have found. One day I plan to write a guide on how to go from unemployed with no real skills to insurance. It's actually really easy.
>>
>>1027347
Actuarial or public work.
>>
File: 1447990384373.jpg (17KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
1447990384373.jpg
17KB, 210x240px
>>1027347
>The fellatio industry is pretty much recession proof.
I guess you could say it's due to sticky wages.
>>
>>1027437
>tradesmen are this retarded
>>
>>1027439
pls share. im tired of being a NEET
>>
Divorce Lawyer
>>
>>1027729
divorces skyrocket during economic downturns.
>>
>>1027347

More business focused, accounting is usually solid. An exec once remarked that wether we're making or losing money, still need to account and report it.

There's also the natural self protection that accounting/finance drives the creation of forecasts and budgets...their not going to push to write themselves out of the budget.

For non business, most public section and non-elective medical positions historically hold up well.
>>
social worker
mental health professional
medical professional
>>
Food industry is pretty recessionproof.
>>
>>1027347
Government work. They almost never lose their job for any reasons once you're in.
>>
I work in private security now, and am in school for social work. Not because of the pay, but because fear, paranoia, mental illness, and human suffering are the only resources that increase over time. They are immune to market fluctuations and continually create jobs. People are afraid of 15 year old Muhammad Muhammad planting pipe bombs in mall food courts and spraying bullets in the Gap store, so they hire security teams to patrol and keep watch so they don't need to worry about it. Social work is on the rise as more and more people are falling below the poverty line and need counselling for career transition, addictions, and help navigating government services for financial needs. Do something that mines a resource that never goes away and you'll be secure.
>>
>>1027972
What do you mean by social work? Like a shrink?
>>
>>1027972
How would one who have never been to the military get into private security?
>>
>>1027437
Depends. My trade is wedded to the oil industry. While I could transition into a different industry, it would be tough, as all the other welders will be, too.
>>
>>1028792
You could try fabrication
>>
>>1027347
Usually Accounting. When businesses collapse, they need accountants to work out the process. When businesses grow, they need accountants to handle their growing financial and regulatory complexities
>>
>>1028485
apply
>>
>>1027965
PA state government circa 2009 would like to have a word with you.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.