[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any downside to this? It's land for around $3 an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (165KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
165KB, 750x1334px
Is there any downside to this? It's land for around $3 an acre. I feel like worst case scenario you could just sell it in smaller parcels for like $5-$10 an acre. Thoughts?
>>
Taxes and land maintanence
>>
>>1019964

Yeah maintenaince I don't really see anything he woul dhave to do.

But taxes yeah.

IDK about straya but here in USA, he taxes would be like $5k - $10k a year
>>
>>1019968
I own lots of land and do not pay tax.
Someone comes on my land they are lost
>>
>>1019964
true...the price/circumstance/acreage does make one wonder why the current owner is liquidating for almost nothing per acre.
>>
>>1019989
Yeah, that's the kind of deal I feel like it must be here. The land must be so rural and middle-of-nowhere that nobody gives a shit. But still, I feel like it could be sold in smaller parcels for $10/acre...potentially very profitable
>>
>>1019968
The ranch, sheep station and you'd have to look at the laws. Fences.

What's your exit strategy op.

You could turn parts of it into a logging farm, nice ranch/farm. What are some high margin animal/farm products in the area.
Truffles, Fioe Gras, Fish/shellfish

Any subsidies you can take advantage of. Here you have 4 cows/sheep and you get ridiculous tax exemption and business write off.
>>
>>1019968
>Yeah maintenance I don't really see anything he would have to do.

Hello city child. Do you fuckers not realize the amount of work that goes into land management, especially if you want to maintain grazing? It's a lot of work. I don't know about Western Australia (midwest USA here), but it's not cheap around here.

Also, splitting land in the middle of nowhere is not necessarily feasible. In order to be working ranchland, you have to have so many acres per animal. You cut into that, you cut into the ranching ability. Can't sell small parcels to ranchers.

If you still want to do it, then what incentive do people to buy smaller parcels for higher prices? Are they going to live there? Are there roads, schools, utility hook-ups, or nothing but middle of nowhere shit? People don't do "cabin" type of living unless it's worth looking at, and they aren't going to pay a lot for it, and I don't know if BFE-Australia land qualifies as anything people are interested in in smaller parcels (beauty, hunting, off the grid, what's the draw here?). Correct me if wrong and this is good land, but I doubt it at that price. It's probably too far from civilization to parcel out.

And if you do part it out, does Australia have different zoning laws? In the USA, you get an agricultural designation and your taxes are high, but not horrific. You part that up so it's no long agricultural, and you can only do certain things with the land unless you pay to change its designation (and make sure it's not in a flood plain) and you pay a lot more taxes under outside of ag designations (recreational is a rip). Property taxes depends completely on the area, and especially state-to-state here in the US. Again, don't know how Australia works, but I doubt it's cheap and easy.
>>
>Western Australia

So it's in the outback? It would be worth it because you could get insanely rich with the possible oil/mining but Australia is probably too commie to have mineral rights anyway.
>>
>>1020085

The Abbos literally own the interior the country, ol' whitey is left with the scraps on the coast and the government has the rest tied up.

Only with a shithole like Australia can we have the most desolate and wide ranging coutnry on earth and have a space problem.
>>
>>1020064
The reason why I immediately think of parceling the land off is because the land would be acquired at $3/acre. Even if it's shit/desolate land, surely someone in the world would be willing to pay $4-5/acre to be a land owner. Then again, I don't know anything about owning land (hence my making this thread)
>>
>>1020135
Can Americans buy land in Aus? I want to shitpost hard on /pol/.
>>
>>1020003
I didn't know the Chinese had such liberal tax laws for live stock.
>>
That is insanely cheap and a ton of land.

There is probably a huge lien on it or something. You know its got to be too good to be true. If the case was just that its desolate and it would be a challenge to monetize it, I think thats your best case scenario. I would seriously consider buying in that case.

However, I dont know shit about Australian real estate or Australian laws so fuck me.
>>
>>1020003
In aus if you make over 20k from produce or livestock you are classified a primary producer and get exemptions. Look it up.
>>
File: CAaJLXUUYAApvLx.jpg (41KB, 509x623px) Image search: [Google]
CAaJLXUUYAApvLx.jpg
41KB, 509x623px
>>1020003
get out of here with your foie gras you chinese son of a bitch
>>
>>1020171
$70 a lb on the cheap sure I'll go
>>
>>1020135
>Even if it's shit/desolate land, surely someone in the world would be willing to pay $4-5/acre to be a land owner.
This is not true. This is not true at all. Land is not always valuable just because it's land. If there isn't a use to the land, then they aren't going to want to invest in it. What makes you think that purchasing it and cutting it up into smaller pieces will somehow make this land more valuable? The only reason it why this would happen is if people can't afford the massive initial price tag, but I don't think that's the case in Australian backcountry. You're using suburban land-grab mentality, and it's not applicable on desolate, shit grazing sheep-ranch land in the middle of nowhere.

If you want to pursue it, then tell me about the local utilities, town/city, or anything else near it. That might change my mind, but >>1020121 is very true. Space problems and this land is still selling at $3. You're not going to magically make it worth twice that. You're also not considering selling and buying expenses, management while you own it, and maintenance to keep it. You don't make large land deals overnight, especially when parting it out would require multiple smaller deals. You're going to have to have maintenance money.

How are you going to increase the value of the land? Why would parting it out make it more valuable?
>>
>>1020085
>>1020121
The Commonwealth owns all resources in Australia. However whoever owns the land can extract the resources and sell them provided they have the licensing and pay the royalty fee.
>>
>>1020135
A couple years ago, a Russian city was selling houses at 100$ each. They were actually nice houses.

The problem is that they were in a shitty, mostly ruined and rotten town with barely anyone living there lost in one of the most remote areas of Siberia. I remember there being only about 15 children in the whole town, who learnt together in a single class in the rather big and completely empty school.

But hey, even if it´s a shit/desolate land, surely someone in the world would be willing to pay you 130$ to be a house owner!
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.