[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /biz/ Earlier today I applied for an AMEX Gold Premier.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: amex-platinum-card-photo.jpg (22KB, 374x238px) Image search: [Google]
amex-platinum-card-photo.jpg
22KB, 374x238px
Hey /biz/

Earlier today I applied for an AMEX Gold Premier. Got accepted and was happy.

Saw the Platinum while I was on my Gold account and thought I could upgrade it. So I applied, got approved but was told I couldn't add the Platinum card to my account and I had to make a new one.

So it ends up I just opened a brand new card and didn't upgrade my current one.

How fugged am I? I want to close the Gold one because I got the Platinum. Isn't closing a credit card that quickly bad for my credit?

Should I just keep both cards?
>>
Closing longstanding cards impacts your credit history. Closing a new card would impact credit utilization.
>>
>>1019510
Isn't Platinum better than the Gold? Why would you even want to get the Gold over the the Platinum?
>>
>>1019516
I got the Gold first, thought I'd aim low rather than high so I wouldn't get denied.

Got the Gold then said fuck it a few hours later and tried for Plat and got it. From what I read online they upgrade your Gold, not in my case though
>>
>>1019513
I do understand it would go up if I kept the card, but wouldn't my score be the same if the new card is not there anymore?

Since I'll have the same utilization as I did before (besides the Plat)
>>
bump and then I give up and cancel the Gold tomorrow morning if no other posts. I hate having to track too many cards
>>
Your score would likely go down actually because your account age would go down and you would still have that hard inquiry from when you applied.

Just keep both cards, f.a.m.
>>
>>1019510
what do you like about the Amex Plat over, say the Citi Double Cash card?
>>
>>1019516
the gold, as far as rewards/annual fee is a better value and easier to get. $200
Everytime you get an inquiry w/o a new line it hurts.
Plat is got nice stuff too, concierge is really nice, $400/year is fair for the services but you really need to use them.

You need 6 months for the account to be valid, on the score.

It does really drop the avg age of accounts though and that hurts long term.

http://dropcanvas.com/zpf5p
Theres a book on credit in here. Its focus is the thick file strategy.
>>
>>1019677
r u chinese?
>>
>>1019510
A few years back I upgraded from Gold to Platinum. Perhaps they allowed it since they were business cards. I did it primarily since I was starting to travel and free access to airline lounges was appealing. Then I discover that the lounges are generally overcrowded and not worth the bother. I never used the other benefits so I ultimately downgraded back to Gold. It really stroked my ego when I started getting upgrade offers to AMEX Black.

Unless you are really using the benefits of the Platinum, I'd cancel it in a heartbeat. Not worth the annual fee.
>>
>>1019617
new cardregardless will have messed up his aaoa but closing it would still have it increase his aaoa until it falls off in 7 years.
>>
>>1019624
amex plat has a $200 airline incidental charge refund per year that you can activate by purchasing a gift card using mileage-x application if you set your airline to united. it grants Membership rewards at 1 per 1.00 spent and they're valued at about 0.017 per point, citi double cash gives you an effective cashback rate of 1.98% cashback due to how withdrawing goes you'll never get the full 2%. there are better everyday cashback cards out there.
>>
>>1019769
god I love this meme
>>
>>1019510
Why is american express mailing these to an ass load of people everywhere?

Makes no sense.

I got 2 of these sent to my work, and my friend also got mailed this to as well.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.