[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any jobs that you can get easily regardless of a criminal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 0

Are there any jobs that you can get easily regardless of a criminal past? What are some high profit areas that you can take part in even if you have a criminal record?
>>
>>1019443
bank robber
>>
This is a work safe board. I almost got fired. Where are the mods? Holy shit.
>>
Crime
>>
Start your own company, in my state its $120 to form the company.

You can then add years of experience to your resume. And you can hire yourself.
>>
>>1019443
Construction. You can make OK money as a foreman and more if you go into business for yourself using what you learned over the years.
>>
>>1019709
I don't understand. Why would you add years of experience to your resume if you're hiring yourself?
>>
>>1019782
Fake job into real job. little $ into big $
>>
>>1019847
Are you chinese?
>>
Move to another state and just don't indicate your criminal history on the application.

Not foolproof and would have to live with concern you'd be discovered and fired.
>>
>>1019443

manual labor

start your own business

work in a restaurant

drive for uber

etcc
>>
I've applied to jobs that I knew would require a CR check, with varied success. One corporate tax-planning and insurance firm hired me on the condition I provide a clean record check, but I knew it would take months for the process to complete where I live. In those months I stalled further at each stage while providing periodic updates (telling them I've made the appointment to get finger printed, telling them it's being processed, they will mail it out, I don't know why it's not here yet, I'll call on Monday, etc). In a medium to large organization, your immediate overlords won't he involved with this, it will be on some HR lackey's checklist. You might be able to befriend this HR person, they might be like 90% of people and just going through the motions at work, it might get forgotten, lost in system, ignored. By month 6 I think you'll have run out of excuses and now you face the music. Maybe you've made a big impact at work, and your overlord will see your value, but maybe not. In order to get to any level in the insurance industry (and many other industries) you have to be able to get a professional designation and those fuckers are sticklers. They won't forgive or forget. At month 6, the woman who hired me at that corporate tax-planning/insurance firm sat down in my office and said that they weren't going to extend my contract beyond the initial trial contract. Ok, no prob. Once I had gotten inside, I figured out quickly that I couldn't socially-engineer my way out of my situation given that firm's organizational structure and the need to get designation. I knew it was coming, so I had learned everthing I could, took all the training I could, and saved every single penny possible. Came out of it with lots of savings, great wardrobe, experience, training, contacts, etc. More stories coming in a bit.
>>
>>1019540

wat?
>>
>>1019997
Next I took a job at a small firm. Started out doing books part-time, showed my value with my education (B. Comm. Majoring in Finance) ambition and judgement, worked my way up to assistant to President and CEO, I shit you not. He was a genuine fucking sociopath though, and from day one he recognized me for what I was. We'd brainstorm on corporate strategy, I'd provide input on conflict resolution, I'd go on the road with him when he was out wheeling and dealing. I learned that our whole business was just completely fabricated bullshit, in an industry that also reeked of bullshit. I learned so much from him but in the end all of our horse-trading couldn't hide reality from the lenders and we were facing insolvency. He sold the corporation to a bigger comglomerate that specialized in bullshit at a level we were never quite able to achieve, and I started collecting employment insurance. More to come I guess. Maybe some of my BS might inspire you or someone else to not just die in a salt mine
>>
Depends OP, is it a felony? If not, you're not required to tell places a lot of the time.

If it is, the trades. They don't care about your past nearly as much as your work ethic. I'm determined that 100% of roofers are ex cons or meth addicts for instance.

If it wasn't a DUI related offense, you can be a truck driver.

You could become self employed as others have said.

Honestly, a criminal record only bars you from a limited number of jobs. A lot of places won't hire an ex-con but aren't prohibited from doing so. You can get past that by having a lot to bring to the table and by showing them a way you've gotten over your criminal past.
>>
>>1020013
Next, I got into prop trading at one of the largest prop-trading firms in the country. This was pre-financial crisis, and pre-flash trading so prop trading was more widespread and could be very lucrative. Today the machines battle each other for breadcrumbs. I actually did make out well, but despite my success in that industry for about a decade, I can't imagine wasting my time with it now, the algos are too sharp and too fast. Heading into that job interview, I thought I'd have to get my Series-7 or some equivalent shit, but I was still planning on going into it like I did that first story hoping I could milk it for 6 months, save some cash, maybe learn some shit before I got canned. Anyway, at that firm and many others, it turned out that you didn't need a Series-7 because you weren't handling any of the public's money, just trading with an allocation of the House's money. That meant I had no 6 month deadline for my BS and could really infiltrate. I was not a great trader to be honest, but I made enough to stay alive (pay was 100% performance based, no salary) and given that 90% of recruits washed out, I shouldn't be too hard on myself. I have a mind got trivia and I soaked up regulations and compliance and back-office procedure like a sponge. I became a gate-keeper of info. Other traders knew that I could barely trade my way out of a wet paper bag, but if they needed to know how some new software worked or what the implications of a regulation was, I wad the guy to talk to. Eventually I just started doing managerial tasks on my own initiative like calling in orders to trade desk for support since I knew how to talk to those guys. At first the actual manager gave me shit for over-stepping, but I wad already training new guys informally and already handling trade-desk duties whenever issues arose, so I got promoted to assistant manager and started collecting a salary to do the shit I had taught myself to do and was already doing anyway for free. .con't.
>>
>>1020044
>>1020044
Eventually I got a junior partnership offered to me in a new international branch start-up. I didn't have to fund the start-up, I was in on sweat-equity, however I took a big pay cut because I had been getting bonuses in the first office based on the traders' performance, and the new office had zero established traders. Anyway, if you've read Flash Boys you won't be surprised to learn that old fashioned prop trading profits disappeared overnight like a faucet had been shut off. It hadn't actually been shut off, it was just The Rise of the Machines and they took everything. New office folded inside of 2 years, and I was back on the street. I was welcome back at my old branch, but there was no managerial role and I wasn't a great trader when times were fast and loose, I sure didn't think I could cut it battling the bots. Also I had done well trading the financial collapse and in real estate prior to the collapse. I had actually taken my real estate profits from the boom and dumped them into the stock market while it was puking on its shoes. The stock market has more than tripled from it's lows during the crisis to its nearly historical highs today. Maybe I wasn't a stellar trader, but I was a goddamn good investor. I'll never have to work again. I do still swing trade and actively invest, but just a couple of hours each morning. Then I play vidya until noon and spend the rest of my day with my wife and son. I'm going for a nap now actually since he's sleeping and she's out. You can make it Anon. Don't let those fuckers tell you what you can't do.
>>
>>1019443

Warehouse.
>>
The oil field was the number one employer of people with criminal records. One of the only places where you could really make good money through hard work despite your history. Thats over though. You missed it
>>
>>1019443

My futures broker companies ceo is a felon
>>
>>1019540
getting fire because of a picture of a women , thats misogynistic
>>
>>1020075
damn son is this real. A helluva ride man, one day I hope to have half the guts you do.
>>
>>1019540
She's fully clothed
>>
>>1020255
It's real. I was inspired by Frank Abagnale's audacity and tried to remember that I alone should decide what is possible or impossible. Lots of people who have achieved unbelievable shit weren't necessarily smarter or better educated, they were just willing to try the thing that everyone else believed was impossible
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.