[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: we talk about coming trends within science and technology.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_n8snrmFp891r9g4gho1_250.jpg (23KB, 250x280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n8snrmFp891r9g4gho1_250.jpg
23KB, 250x280px
ITT: we talk about coming trends within science and technology.

Post leads within fields you are passionate about, and have a certain up-to-date knowledge. People can research resulting investment opportunities on their own I think.

Personally I am a big believer in the coming hairloss cure. Sounds like such a mundane issue but several companies are making promising and steady progress. Eventually one will crack the problem, and explode in market value over night.
>>
Pretty sure they can already do it, its just prohibitively expensive.

Take your DNA, grow your hair on a rat and do a transplant. Or something like that.
>>
>Personal computers will decrease dramatically in price, power, and sales for consumers are devices like Chromebooks become more popular and tablets take over.
>Smart watches are a dying fad that won't last another couple years.
>Smartphone sales will decline as consumers lose enthusiasm about the latest devices.
>>
>>1019276
They do have that, it's about 10k per treatment, each treatment has a 60% chance to succeed or fail, and it falls back out in 3-4 years.

>>1019274
I've got a bit of insider knowledge in that I know AI is NOT the future. All the advances into it and the major applicable solutions add no value. The current company with the best AI in the world is scrambling to find a reason for people to buy into it; there's no current dire problem it proposes a solution to.

PS - Renewable energy is fucked for another decade or three. Most major projects for it are shutting down; they finally caught up to the whole $120/barrel equivalent on some solar or wind power plans, and then prices for oil were cut by almost 3/4. Solar and wind can't compete with that, so the major projects are all being scraped or put on hold, and while they're on hold (for years) the researchers, technicians, architects, and business leads are all finding new work.
>>
>>1019288

Wow I totally disagree about tablets/phones. Tablets are like shitty over sized smart phones that you cant make calls on and they dont fit in your pocket.
>>
>>1019297
Your opinions about them aren't those of the average consumer. When you're projecting about the future, don't let your own personal bias affect your forecasts.

Tech savvy people thought the MacBook would be a massive failure, but it was a huge success. People thought the iPad was going to be a flop, but it experienced huge sales and created a whole new market.
>>
>>1019301
This, anon.

Remember, the average person is stupid, and the average person drives the market.
>>
The death of the Microsoft windows operating system
>>
>>1019314
I feel this on a personal note. Windows 7 is the perfect consumer OS. Windows 8 is laggy trash and Windows 10 is laggy trash with phishing software integrated.

If you truly feel this way in a global sense, however, you should go invest in Apple and RedHat.
>>
>>1019320
Do the opposite.
Microsoft will grow enormously in the coming years.
>>
>>1019320
hah!! aPple..,,,

the compney that can t'' EVEN make a NEW product,,,dont u,rememmber IWATCH?

,aples on the way DOWWWWN ,,,doowwwwn dowwwwwn!!!!,,

i ,,bet they get DELSTED in 2017!!!
>>
>>1019353
Good thing too, because they're my primary IT/Tech investment. Surprise nigga
>>
>>1019359

name of that app?
>>
Le internet of thingymajigs
Le occultist rift
>>
>>1019377
It's robinhood. It's dark background instead of white atm to show it's after hours (cheap trick but kind of neat) and it's a red primary color instead of green because my portfolio was at a loss today (like most, market was shit).
>>
Cloud computer administration in companies is the big thing now; outsourcing admin work, program license management and OSes and data to an external cloud is a great option for small ass firms, this keeps lots of costs down.

Win8 Enterprise edition made a great leap towards having a "wageslave"-like work environment, with great security and neutering what an employee can do; they work really well for most companies.
A Cloud based Windows or other OS that can be accessed from any computer in a company via Internet, that has a huge interconnected company database will be the future because it's gonna be more secure and easier to maintain than all the hardware'd OSes and data that resides in company servers.

Security shouldn't be a big deal for newer Clouds, with more advanced encryption and authorization.

Companies will use OS-es that won't be anything like what we have at home because it's gonn be easier and better. Cloud Admins are gonna get hot soon.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.