[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so why haven't you became a copywriter yet? >start a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 1

File: 01.png (113KB, 425x253px) Image search: [Google]
01.png
113KB, 425x253px
so why haven't you became a copywriter yet?

>start a gig on fiverr for $5
>get good reviews
>after a while only the headline for $5 and bill more for the actual copy
>you will have a decent portfolio and can expand yourself to local businesses/outside of fiverr

>get on clickbank
>find a product with weak copy
>offer them to rewrite it
>now you have a portfolio, and can expand to local businesses/outside of clickbank

>start writing copy for already successful products on clickbank(you can reverse engineer the copy they are already using)
>start driving traffic to your copy
>optimize until it makes profit
>do this for multiple products
>get money while building your portfolio
>now you can expand your freelance copywriting business

>look for local businesses with shit/nonexistant copy, which you can improve(look for businesses which already pay for marketing, as it will be easier to convince them)
>offer to do it for free
>ask for royalties only
>now you have positive testimonials and a portfolio
>expand your freelance copywriting business
>>
I don't know how to start.

Beginning must be a pain in the ass with constantly getting underpaid and having to give "samples" and all that jizz.
>>
I was gonna attempt copywriting since I can write 150 wpm consistently with no grammatical or spelling mistakes but I'm too lazy to get started so I dropped it.
>>
>>1018485
i listed 3 ways to get started in OP

also, there are some copywriters who never gave out any samples, but you have to have the confidence to pull it off

Also there are some copywriters who charge decent price even for beginning copy, however it is usually advised to charge as much as your copy is worth(result-wise)
>>
>>1018477

this is only interesting if at some point you can outsource or subcontract good people who charge (you) peanuts while you pocket the lions share. is that doable?
>>
>>1018533
i would assume that you could do that if you recruit beginner copywriters, but then again you would have to check every copy they write to make sure that is decent.
Good copywriters charge too much for that to work.
>>
>>1018477
the fuck is copywriting desu
>>
>>1018477
what do you mean by
>ask for royalties only
>>
>>1018570
you ask for a percentage after each sale
>>
>>1018626
how would they track which sales are yours
>>
>>1018632
since you wrote the copy for them, every sale would be "yours"
>>
>>1018477

so did you actually do this yourself or what
>>
>>1018663
i went the fiverr way, by the second month i had $2400 income. I mostly did 4-500 word short copies, starting from $5 which i raised to $10 then $25 and $50 by the end of the two month.

Since then i raised my prices yet again, and only take on a few clients, while coaching beginner copywriters on getting more customers
>>
>>1018721
how did you learn to start off
how does one "copywrite"
>>
>>1018756
1. grab a book about copywriting(The Ultimate Sales letter from Dan Kennedy, The Gary Halbert letter, etc.)
2. pick a random product and practice writing copy for it based on the book(you can write for your own copywriting service)
3. start collecting swipe copy (if you see good copy, just save it for later, and learn from them)
4. write write write

pretty much
>>
>>1018721
>i went the fiverr way, by the second month i had $2400 income

that's total bullshit though.

>while coaching beginner copywriters on getting more customers

busted. typical 'i became rich, buy my e-book on how to get rich so you too can become rich!' faggot.

now is the part where you say 'oh you don't believe me?' and you post up your photoshopped screenshot of your 50k monthly earnings.

you guys are a dime a dozen.
>>
Hi, OP.
I have been really interested in copywriting for a little over a year now. I've bought a few training programs, followed them, and have learned quite a bit about copywriting.
Unfortunately, I have huge confidence problems and instead of finding clients, I've been staying in my comfort zone and just learning, learning, learning.
I've want to get a coach who I can trust and who can give me assignments that will help me break out of my shell and start getting clients, starting small and working my way forward.

I'm going to take your advice and take action on the things you mentioned in this thread but also...

What's the best way to contact you??
I want to hire you as my coach!!
>>
>>1018820
unfortunately i don't take on any more clients at the moment, as i do write copy, coach my clients, and i am being coached as well.
I would advise you to join the facebook group Cult of Copy, which deals with copywriting in general, and Cult of Copy job board, where you can find coaches of different levels/copywriters to hire.

>>1018817
>now is the part where you say 'oh you don't believe me?' and you post up your photoshopped screenshot of your 50k monthly earnings.
i am not doing that, since i don't care if you believe or not. I just wanted to give back a little, and i know that the "how to begin" part is a big problem for lot of beginner copywriters
>>
>>1018477
Writing copy is easy, but it's boring and shitty. If you are a modestly intelligent person you will get bored and hate it.
>>
>>1018477
>>1018798
>>1018721
>i went the fiverr way, by the second month i had $2400 income
That seems a little too good.. and it's like 24 A4 pages worth of original copy per day, which again, seems like a lot.

However, let's say you're telling us the truth. I want to try the fiverr way. So how do I prepare? You listed "blah blah etc." basically, I can't tell which one of those you listed are good, just kind of okay, or something you should only read if you want to absolutely get it all - so, could you list one or more things to study/read, in order to get a good idea of what you're supposed to be writing?

>>1018853
True of most jobs. If it's possible to make ~€1500 a month or more I'd gladly take it over going somewhere to be someone's work slave for 8+1+prep, travel and wind-down time a day (i.e. most of your day, every day - "a normal job").
>>
>>1018859
what % royalties do you charge ?
I'm considering getting into this OP
>>
>>1018859
>24 pages a4 a day

ok. you've lost me
>>
>>1018869
Just a rough estimation. See >>1018721

>500 words per copy
>$5 a copy
>$2400 total
>480 needed
>~20 working days a month
>= ~24 a day (one page estimated to a generous ~500 words)
That means that before you're out of the work-like-a-field-nigger-phase, you're going to have to write the length of half a thesis a day of somewhat creative content.
>>
>>1018859
well, it was(and still is) kind of like a dayjob, i pretty much wrote copy all day. Also as you can imagine, someone who pays like $5 for a copy, isn't expecting top notch work and it's not going to be long copy either.
This doesn't mean that you shouldn't try your best though, as it is still practice, where you can improve your work. (Also there are coaching services where they review your copies, and point out what could be improved)

I've started with Dan Kennedy's book, but the other one is just as good, and i'm pretty sure there are plenty of other good courses/books on this. However i would advise to stick to one book, and start writing according to that book, and not let yourself fall into the learning, learning, learning phase. If you can successfully implement the important parts explained in the book, then you can experiment with other writing styles, techniques.

Also as i said, you should start collecting good copy, and try to take over things from those as well.

After a while you will develop your own writing style. However i am not there yet either.
>>
>>1018895
>Also as i said, you should start collecting good copy, and try to take over things from those as well.
I'm not even sure what constitutes "copy" or where to typically find it? I thought it was just sale text and stuff.

I can write all day I guess, I'm a NEET for now. I've been told that I've got a way with words, so I could probably do it. Anything to avoid having to work with anything that requires me to get dressed and head out at 8 in the morning, would be perfect for me.

Thanks for the advice so far.
>>
>>1018881
That's about right, really. Unless you're a guy with a bunch of foreign writers at his disposal or established with a good rep you're not going to make more than a penny a word at best.
>>
>>1018881
as i said, over time i increased the price.

>>1018905
basically every ad with text can be considered copy. If you feel that an ad is having a positive effect on you, and gets you to buy/want to buy, it is good copy, and you should probably swipe it, then based on it, you can try to reverse engineer what "pushed your buttons" and use those in your own copy as well.
Also pretty much every copy written by the big names is worth swiping and studying(like Gary Bencivenga, Jay Abraham, Gary Halbert, Dan Kennedy, etc. if you look into it you can probably find a more complete list of the top notch copywriters, and ads written by them)
swiped dot co is a great resource for copy

>>1018865
Depends, on the product, company, your negotiation skills, etc.
As i didn't tried this way, i can't say exact numbers.

For info products i would assume they can pay bigger percentages
>>
>>1018905
also about copywriting in general:

one of the biggest challenges in copywriting is not the writing part, but creating an avatar of your perfect customers. Your perfect customer has a problem that the product you are promoting has a solution for, and he has the means to pay for it.
You have to know how old your perfect customers are, what gender they are, how much do they make, what are their hobbies, what keeps them awake at night, etc.
The more you can figure this out, the better copy you can write, because you can focus on the problems they are having, and the emotions attached to them, and use those emotions, to create the intent to buy your stuff.
>>
I am a copywriter, I work for an agency tho. Freelance.

Fuck yeah, copywriter master race.
>>
>>1018477

Because /biz/ - Scams and Get Rich Quick Schemes. Noone here will go through the trouble of actually WORKING to make money.
>>
>>1018798
any example of a good sales copy?
>>
>>1018946
https://www.freshpressedoliveoil.com
this is considered as a pretty damn good copy
>>
>>1018948
Wow, this is seriously great.
I thought it's going to be kind of ironically cheesy but it totally hooked me after 3 or 4 paragraphs.
>>
bump for interest
>>
>>1018986
tell us your story brah, how did you start out in the career?
>>
This copywriting business seems like more work and no pay, which won't keep the bills away.
>>
>>1019002
>journalism at uni
>shitposting job applications
>shitpost a job application to an overseas marketing agency with the cover letter "i'm a pretty cool guy who wouldn't want to hire me"
>get call from boss of marketing agency
>lol wat.jpg
>go in
>get on their system
>am assigned 20 pages per day of copywriting + seo duties
>get sent automatic invoices every 2 weeks of so
>pays pretty good considering i don't leave the house, wear pj's and suck on bongs the entire time
>>
>>1019030
go in?
overseas?
>>
Been copywriting on Upwork, have 500 dollars made, with another 250 prebilled.

Started out just reading absolutely everything I could, read all the boron letters(10/10) and then one of the other influential things I read was Ca$hvertising(a must read in my opinion)

Spent a month learning for 3 or so hours a day, and now I make a consistent 50$ an hour. After I get a few my jobs and hours under my belt I plan on raising that to 75$ so ask me anything.
>>
>>1019033
it's an overseas company (for me), but they have many different branches globally
i went into the local office, where they have a bunch of other, permanent staff such as web dev, video design, etc
>>
>>1018933
How do you feel about agency work? And how did you get started in the agency?
>>
>>1018948

Who would even read that?
>>
>>1019039
i like it as i don't have to source my own work, and i get a brief for what the customer wants
it's steady and consistent with 24 deadlines on each brief

my portfolio is fat
>>
>>1019039
and as to how i got started, i just applied online to marketing agencies seeking copywriters.
>>
>>1019065
I might have to start looking into doing that, how does the pay compare to freelancing on your own?

Ive been doing well just using upwork, but looking to branch out
>>
>>1019069
desu, i never did freelancing on my own and i got really lucky to get picked up by just shitposting my resume.

they gave my all the training i needed on my first two days there and just kept sending them my way, so i have no real basis for comparison.
>>
>>1019037

>ask me anything
You're doing what I'm aiming towards. Congrats on getting work at a $50 rate that quickly!

Do you have any tips on getting the first job or two?
I was thinking I'd start off applying for blog and article jobs on subjects I know a lot about, before diving into copy. Does that sound sensible?
I've been learning copy for about 2 weeks - not as intensely as you did though.

Do you just write sales copy, or do you write other web copy related stuff as well?
>>
>>1019076
First off read Cashvertising, find a pdf online and take notes about it. By far the easiest way to dive head first in copywriting.

When you get about half way through it and taking notes start applying for really simple copywriting jobs, but so for free.

When it comes to applications for jobs, make it focused on what you can do for the customer. That is all the care about. Talk about them.

Just aim on getting your feedback up on Upwork, and if you give me an email I can give you give you some more resources.
>>
>>1019076
Content writing and copywriting is two different things, i wouldn't do content writing as a way to begin copywriting
>>
>>1019078

Thanks for the tips.

Even though this is one of the better boards, I'd still rather not put my email up, just in case. Thanks for offering though.

>>1019095

>Content writing

That's the term I was looking for.

So, why would you not recommend going from content to copy? Isn't content marketing fairly similar to copy?

My aims are to earn an income freelancing and learn internet marketing. Given that knowing how to sell is such a valuable marketing skill, would you recommend heading down the copy route?

Thanks for your time, I know there's quite a few questions in there
>>
>>1019120
There is ways we could make it work, but I understand. Wish you the best
>>
>>1019065
>>1019069
>>1019072
Eurofag here. Any tips on where to start?

Intend on reading Ca$hvertising, but other than that I don't know. Seems great if they provide training for you, AND supply you with jobs. I'd do that in a heartbeat, if I could. I've got a decent hand with words (although english isn't my first language), so I could definitely do it if given a chance, and some training on what to aim for.

I'd do pretty much any job I could do from home at around 8-6 hours a day. Really, any job. As long as I don't have to leave my house at 8 in the morning, I'm happy.
>>
>>1020743
OP post has 3 possibilities where to start.

Also if you are looking long term, its better to be a freelancer. You have to deal with getting customers, but you gain much more financially
>>
>>1020804
Yeah, I meant to try the fiverr way. But I also meant to ask the guy that picked up and taught in two days, where he started looking and so on.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.