[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a good blue collar job to train for? Im not stupid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 78506.png.jpg (75KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
78506.png.jpg
75KB, 480x360px
What's a good blue collar job to train for? Im not stupid but if im being honest with myself I don't really have the motivation or self control for anything more than a year or so of schooling. I just want a job with decent pay without backbreaking work.

Welding?
Carpeting?
Trucking?
>>
>>1018021
am also dealing with the same issue desu senpai
Bump
>>
I'm go with electrician.
>>
>>1018056
I'd*

On second though perhaps I'd be better suited to bricklaying.
>>
HVAC if you live in the south. People need their A/C. Plumbing if you live in the north. Pipes burst all the time from the freezing weather.
>>
>>1018056
That's what I'm doing.
>>
>>1018056
>>1018059
Becoming an electrician takes dedication. You need to get accepted into a fellowship program, which requires you to be working as a "helper" already, then you have to go to school for 4 years before you can become licensed.
>>
>>1018068

Being an electrician takes showing up for work, doing your job like anyone else and not being a crackhead. Don't try and make it sound like something it's not.
>>
>>1018021
>>1018051
what are your interests? read basic job descriptions. then try to apprentice for awhile
>>
>>1018021
Refrigeration maintenance and repair.

>be me
>refrigerator stops working
>mfw $800 to 1100 for new refrigerator
>see used refrigerators between 300/400.
>sketchy sellers
>fellow brokefag tells me to call "Refrigerator Jack"
>Make call, describe problem. Jack says he can fix it. Will be at my place in 90 minutes.
>Jack shows up with a work van, name on van.
>He nd his son pull all the stuff out of non-working refrigerator.
>Thn opens panel in back of refrigerator. Replaces part. Puts stuff back in refrigerator.
>Refrigerator starts working again.
>Jack cleans out the underside of refrigerator.
>Nasty.jpg
>Says, "That will be $175 please.
>Happily pay him.
>I ask him how he got in the biz.
>Jack says "I do about 6 repairs a day. Don't buy or sell or haul them off. just repair in home. I used to flip real estate until 2009 put me out of business at age 50. Went to local junior college and got refrigeration repair certificate. Make more now than I did flipping houses.
>>
>>1018021

Welding, electrician, and HVAC are popular ones.

Welding is hard work, though. Electrician and HVAC may not be 'easy', but they're more on the smarter end of the three choices I offered.
>>
>>1018021
Refrigeration technician. Every grocery store needs service. In any town, large and small...
>>
>>1018021
In Texas, you can get a tradesman license in plumbing to work on most residential homes in two years. The standard journeyman license takes 4 years in pretty much every other state I'm aware of.

I have a job with a company that pays us commission on the work we provide and I made over $100,000 even though I started in late February. If you learn a trade though, go all the way. Get a master's license in your field so you can become a manager or contractor and work behind a desk with a pen instead of on your knees with a wrench.
>>
>>1018340
so fucking this job, just from my colleague, he works landscaping and his buddy has his own refrigeration maintenance company, work itself isnt backbreaking but the hours can be stupid to where you might only get 2-8 hours off work to do w/e. but money pays off
>>
Welding, got my cert in 2 years. Walk on federal contracts make me over 100k a year, throw more into investments make a little over a quarter million at 22.
>>
Why don't you cuckholds get a forklift license?

>Easy as fuck to get a job if you're not a drug addict
>$15/hr minimum

Worth
>>
Top tier
Welding (great pay if you specialize in right areas ie underwater welding)
Electrical

Great tier
Plumbing (Nice pay, people will pay anything to make sure shit leaves their house. But you have to deal with shit, dirty water, and cramped places. Get into laying new pipe if you can)
HVAC

OK tier
Carpentry
Trucking (good robot job. Like welding, pay gets much better the more dangerous/specialized your work gets. Lonely af tho)
Bricklaying
General construction

Working on an offshore oil rig is great as well.
>>
Electrical work is pretty awesome. you have a job anywhere you go in the country with minimal effort. That type of freedom is pretty rare. You can moonlight doing a lot of cool stuff too, LED accent lighting is getting pretty popular these days.

Plumbing is the similar, there is less math and calculations but there will be more dirt and spiders.

If you're an introvert and hate dealing with strangers then get on with a company that works exclusively with homes under construction in both fields.

Stay away from trucking, you pretty much sell your soul to the road and have nothing to look forward to in life except pissing in bottles and Coast2coast AM.

Welding is a great profession too, The world runs on metal.

Carpentry is a rip off, big tri-state and national conglomerates are getting into the business took out all of the reward for the backbreaking labor. Save that for if you become a felon.
>>
>>1018540
You need a license?
First job I worked taught me how to use a forklift in like 10 minutes. Its stupid easy
>>
>>1018563
First job you worked performed illegal practices (unlicensed operator).

If you were hurt you could have sued the ever living shit out of them.
>>
>>1018021

Probably electrician. You can be making 6 figures by your 7th year in. You can also go solo later. There's a lot of options.

If you are into building and wood stuff, carpentry can be good. Carpentry doesn't make much up front, but you can use the skills later to make money, especially if you get into house flipping. Like buy a house that needs some work for $150k, work on it for like 6 months, then sell it for $300k.

A lot of this depends on your boss/foreman. The thing about manual labor is, because how hard it is, you should never work more than 8hrs tops. And really a 7 hour day (with a 30 min lunch) is ideal. Problem is that some foreman will want 9 hrs, 10hrs, etc… At that point its not about the money, the work will fuck you up irreparably. I still have a knee tear from doing 9hr - 10hr days laying tile.
>>
>>1018561

pretty sure trucking fucks up your back too.

Man was meant to spend hours and hours in a seated position.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.