[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My situation: 33 year old male looking to start a business with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

My situation:
33 year old male looking to start a business with an inheritance that will provide income without eating away at my life.

Assets:
500k cash inheritance
Willing to actually work at the business
Willing to move, but the business cannot be in a really large city (I'm thinking 50k population max)

Liabilities:
Have to convince co-inheritor (Mother) of ideas
Need to clear 60k income per year
No trade skills (plumbing, etc), but franchise businesses are okay (oil change place)
Retail/Goods based businesses are doubtful to me

Current thoughts: Crematorium, Apartments, Lasertag
>>
>>1017702
Build a section 8 apartment complex and have it be your first client for a residential analytics software job.

Kickstart your software career, buy more property, rinse and repeat.

You can also hire lots of software interns for free now since the market is saturated.

Have fun, and when in doubt: get an FFL and sell guns.
>>
Obviously laser tag.

I would base it on where you're moving. See if you can find an obvious lack of something. I would start a nice gym where I live if I had 500k. Could make a lot of money.
>>
>>1017709

Do you know of anyone who has done section 8 and is happy about it? Seems like they would just destroy your property.
>>
>>1017709
Wow, I had no real interest in the manufacturing process of guns, but now... it is worth researching after reading the wiki for FFL

>>1017718
Good question: My mother was always interested in doing section 8 housing because you can charge double what it's worth in our area, but you're sort of attracting a crowd you don't want to get involved with. She always ends the argument by saying it'd be managed by another company who takes a % off the top.
>>
>>1017702

What about rental cars?

500k can buy a lot of cheap rentals

Buy 10 cars at $10k ea with asset finance, and just build it up from state to state, then bring it all together in an online platform.
>>
>>1017722

Eh I would never hire a property manager unless I literally had too many to keep up with.

The numbers usually work out where their ~10% off the top is 25-50% of your cash flow.

But fuck man. It's such an opportunity for easy money. I just couldn't do business with the niggers.
>>
>>1017740
Unsure. Sounds like a big industry to get into where I'd have bigger insurances to pay because major assets could be destroyed. hmm.

>>1017770
Section 8 also includes old people, I think, that's the market she was always targeting.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.