[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just turned 23 and am looking to buy a house. I've rented

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: AykWHUF.gif (890KB, 529x270px) Image search: [Google]
AykWHUF.gif
890KB, 529x270px
I just turned 23 and am looking to buy a house. I've rented for the last two years. I don't have a lot of money saved up and wont really be able to put a down payment until I get my taxes/work bonus in Feb. How do I start this process?
>>
Here's one thing you need to know, put down 20%. I believe they changed the rules a few years back that if you don't put down 20% you have to carry private mortgage insurance the life of the loan. When I got my mortgage it was a minimum of 5 years and you could drop it when you reached 20% equity. Like I said though I think they make it mandatory for the life of the loan now. For a 200k mortgage it would add about 200 a month to your payment. Over 30 years that's an extra 72k you could have put in your pocket.
>>
>>1014777

At least 20%.

Otherwise, best post and epic trips.

If this puts you in a position where the house you buy might be cheaper or smaller than you would like, just remember that it's better to be happier in a smaller house than a beggar in a large one.
>>
>>1014777
It's not for the life of the loan just until you hold at least 20% equity in the home.
>>
As others said, put at least 20% down or continue renting until you can. Creative financing options for down payment assistance available with mortgages (FHA especially) are a fancy way of saying you can't afford a home. Plus PMI is a total waste of cash.

>>1014782
I don't know I've never bought a home with less than 20% but that sounds more likely. Still, with a really low down payment it's going to be a while on a 30 year mortgage before you have 20% equity.
>>
>>1014768
Talk to a mortgage broker. Pull credit, look at programs. Make a plan. Some smaller banks that have committees making decisions can make some pretty creative financing deals work.

Who cares about PMI if you can cash flow the property with roommates. FNMA has zero down loans again.

Could you take on a fixer upper?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.