[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /biz/, I'm looking for some perspective here. 23 male

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 300k starting.jpg (37KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
300k starting.jpg
37KB, 300x240px
Hey /biz/, I'm looking for some perspective here. 23 male here, graduated from a decent uni in STEM, but the only solid career prospect I have is to be a science teacher for high school level or below at a decent school district. My problem is I (at the moment) don't really have the patience or the confidence to see myself standing in front of a classroom all day. I know for a fact that I could bear with it if I absolutely had no other option and really needed the money but at the moment that's not the case, hence why I'm still deciding.

So my question is: when deciding on a career/job, how do you stop yourself from thinking about picturing yourself in that job as you are right now (in my case introvert and insecure about a lot of things) but instead picturing a "better" or just different version of your current self at that job. Does anyone have any stories of how they were able to successfully change who they were in order to be good at a job you didn't think you could do? Is there any merit to "knowing yourself" and sticking to where you know you'll succeed or is it always better to expand yourself even if it would make you miserable for the sake of economic advantages?
>>
How did you end up with only those career prospects after graduating from a decent uni with stem degree
>>
>>1016023

I would suspect that like my mother, he went to a college in a more rural area and is unwilling or unable to relocate.
>>
>>1014724

I am in a similar position. I would rather become a teacher though than be someone stuck in a cubicle all day
>>
>>1014724
I think "Fake it 'till you make it" is the best advice you'll get on that count.

And if >>1016024
has the right of it, consider moving for work. Nothing broadens horizons as quickly in my experience.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.