[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starting you're own business Is it worth it? How to get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

Starting you're own business
Is it worth it?
How to get started?
Strategy on maintaining?
>>
1) you need a genius idea... something innovative, something people never thought of before... idea is everything ,execution is unimportant

2) you need to focus on paying yourself a salary ASAP... your MAIN goal should be your own salary

3) google "make successful business quick" and sign up for a few courses... usually they cost money but they're totally worth it

4) when you have some capital GET an office asap... even if the rent is high... it's a disgrace to work from home or your garage LOL

These are some basic tips. You're welcome.
>>
>>1014481
all the opposite is the winner here
>>
>>1014495
prove it
>>
>>1014481
>you need a genius idea
Topkek!
if you don't, just go for something that already exist and works.

Opening a bakerie, a pub or a detailing shop is NOT innovative, but still a buisness you could live off

> you need to focus on paying yourself a salary ASAP... your MAIN goal should be your own salary

... i know you're a bait, but i'll argue against it to help dumb people

Your primary goal is to make a profit (usually it takes months before the income exeeds the expenses), if you can live at your parents house or eating instant noodle until your buisness is making profit, you're on a good road.

>google "make successful business quick" and sign up for a few courses...

NO, thoses people have generally litlle valuable experience to share (if they have any). What you should be looking up is the legal steps you need to take in order to start a buiness, work up the cost of your buisness, DO a buisness plan, and study your competitors like hell.

>when you have some capital GET an office asap

use your capital for smart invesments that'll help you make more profit.
Buy only what you need now! not what you'll probably need in a few years (given you buisness hasn't failed since then)
95% of buisness fail in less than 5 year, getting into buisness is HARD. if you don't feel like dedicationg you whole time and money for a few years, and be ready to fail, GET A JOB.
Most sucessfull buisnesses weren't their owner's first time
>>
Ive ran quite a few smallscale businesses that have had some success, like I've never lost money on them. But they've mostly just been contract work that I know very well. Stuff like paving patios or driveways for people (just lots of time/work, the hardest part is getting the contract), commercial garbage removal, buying/fixing/selling vehicles, roof repair on flat roofs for commercial buildings (insanely profitable, but you have to know what you're doing otherwise you can get sued, or void the insurance on the building).

I wouldn't really focus on a "million dollar idea" or some get rich quick scheme, just do what you know, and start with a tried and true business model that other people have found success with. Also be prepared to do a fuckton of work. "getting started" is really as easy as putting some ads up on online classifieds, or local newspaper/radio, I'd also recommend making friends with people in your industry, even if they're competition. If you have a few connections that you can trade desirable contracts with (ie, "this isn't really my area of expertise but I have a friend who specializes in this kind of thing"), it can really pay off in the long run. There's a lot of people who dont have time for smaller deals, but if you're just getting started those can be perfect for you.
>>
>>1014481
>1) you need a genius idea... something innovative, something people never thought of before
No you don't. You just find a need and fill it.
>2) you need to focus on paying yourself a salary ASAP... your MAIN goal should be your own salary
Your main goal should be expanding the business, pay yourself as little as you can.
>3) google "make successful business quick" and sign up for a few courses...
Not necessary or even a good idea. If you need a course like that you don't have what it takes to run a business.
>4) when you have some capital GET an office asap... even if the rent is high... it's a disgrace to work from home or your garage
More bad advice. Office space costs money.
>>
File: mSVPmte.jpg (90KB, 701x566px) Image search: [Google]
mSVPmte.jpg
90KB, 701x566px
>>1014481
A work of singular beauty.
>>
>>1014481
Peopleactuallyfellforthis/10
>>
>>1014459
1) Amazing learning experience
2) Find a product, supply line, and customer base interested in said product
3) keep finding customers and have inventory in stock.

Started a business back in April as an experiment, wrapping it up at Dec 31st cuz I don't wanna buy another business license.

>Order $65 product from Alibaba
>$87 With shipping included into costs
>Sell for $200

>Order $120 product from Alibaba
>$136.5 With shipping included
>Sell for $425

Rinse and repeat.
Took $4.5k to buy inventory/business cards/licenses and turned it into $9k so far.

Was a great learning experience, can't stress that enough. Know more now and will be more efficient at my next startup.
>>
>>1014481

So, the opposite of everything written here
>>
>>1014481
dude, why ti sounds like you one should do the opposite of this?

having an office?, cĀ“mon.
>>
File: creative_meme.jpg (173KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
creative_meme.jpg
173KB, 960x720px
>>1014726

If you sold on eBay, I can see why you would want to wrap up...

>Mfw paid $5 for this meme
>>
>>1014459
>you're own business
>you're
>>
You want to really run a business then watch nightcrawler it'll teach you a lot. How to start up a business and what it truly means to a person and how far you're willing to go.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.