[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does Kmart refuse to get with the times? Why are they still

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (62KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
62KB, 2000x2000px
Why does Kmart refuse to get with the times? Why are they still using IBM point-of-sale machines that are older than I am? (I'm 23). Why do they still produce tons and tons of receipt paper when you check out? Why do people give Walmart a bad rep and not Kmart? Nobody talks about how shite kmart can be, it's mostly Target vs. Walmart.

Speaking of Walmart I had just gotten hired there and I am blown away at how friendly everyone is compared to when I worked at Kmart. At Walmart I am actually recieving actual training, fellow associates are friendly and nice, and I will not be the only cashier up there. Also none of their cash registers are broken. The Kmart I once worked at had 8 registers. You can safely bet that about half were broken or malunctioning at any one time. Usually only one lane was open, causing a line of several feet long, of angry customers. Which in turn made them less likely (obviously) to give out their Shop Your Way information or rewards card. Which in turn gave me a bad percentage of SYW. That little arrow was the only thing my boss cared about. He'd frequently come to my register, tap the little colored arrow, and shame me in some way. Periodically the boss would all bring us back to the office and basically yell at us because corporate was yelling at him about the amount of shop your way customers.

So if Kmart had faster, up to date point of sale machines, it'd lead to increased happiness for everyone: the customer, the cashier, and the higher ups.

>tl;dr, Why does Kmart refuse to get with the times?
>>
>>1010121
>Why does Kmart refuse to get with the times?

that would cost money.
>>
>>1010135
I agree. It's not the Kmart I worked at that was outdated in machines. All of them that I've ever been at in my life (in 2 US states) had decades old POS machines
>>
Maybe 20 years old IBM POS systems are not as hackable, as the fiasco that Target went thru. That's not a good answer, but it may be true.

I remember visiting one K-Mart (maybe 10 years back) and they still a picture of Kresge hanging on the wall in the back foyer to the offices. Other than in Bentonville, I doubt Wally has Sam Walton pictures in each store. Times change.
>>
Management has probably decided that it's not worth investing money to try to catch up. They lost the race, so now they're just putting in as little as possible while enjoying the trickle of profit from the stores that haven't fallen into the red.

Their brand rep is so bad that they'd probably be better off opening a new chain of stores instead of investing in the old ones.
>>
>>1010542
>Other than in Bentonville, I doubt Wally has Sam Walton pictures in each store. Times change.
You've obviously never been in any Walmart breakroom... They're like corporate cult indoctrination rooms.

I know; I did Jackson Hewitt tax prep in a Walmart kiosk last year. We're 2500 or so miles from AK.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.