[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what do you /biz/raelis invest in during a downturn? My index

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1422205982133.jpg (11KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1422205982133.jpg
11KB, 251x242px
So what do you /biz/raelis invest in during a downturn? My index funds have been getting consistently btfo and I'm tired of throwing money into a blackhole just so it can double in 20 years.
>>
>>1008724
Dont be a fundcuck. Buy stocks
>>
> caring about stock prices

Come to the light, anon. Dividend investors only care about their dividends per year growing, price can rollercoaster all it wants.
>>
>>1008732
>Dividend investor
>Raped by taxes
Don't do that.
>>
>>1008736

I'm not an americuck, we have no "IRA" where your trade winnings wouldn't be taxed. We also have no DRIP.

Plus, I intend to retire and live on the dividends anyway, a few years down. Putting everything in growth stocks, hoping I picked them right, and then selling to buy div stocks has way more guaranteed risk, in the form of trade fees.
>>
>>1008732
Tell me more, sensei.
>>
>>1008748
>I'm not an americuck
Then don't give financial advice on an American image board. No one cares if you become the wealthiest goat-fucker in East Slavistan.

The rest of us are trying to make in the big leagues.
>>
>>1008749

Let me teach by example.

> you buy 100 of stock XYZ at 15$
> the dividend yield at the time was 5%
> you're now getting 75$ per year from that stock
> surprise, there's a condom shortage in the upper westside London
> this magically affects all companies in that area
> XYZ drops 20% overnight
> you couldn't give a fuck since you're still getting your 75$
> in fact, this is a great time to buy since the company's sales haven't changed
>>
>>1008757
Daaaaaammmnnnn!
BTFO
>>
>>1008758
>tfw living in upper Westside London rn
>tfw two unused condoms in my wallet for the past year

I've been waiting for these to come in handy. Finally, they may be of use to me! Where do I sell them?
>>
>>1008758
When the stock lowers, the 5% of that stock lowers. You'd drop from $75 per year to $60 per year if the stock price dropped by 20%.

>>1008776
Now you're thinking, anon. You're going to make it. (Sell them at nightclub bathrooms, say they're laced with something if you want to hike prices.)
>>
>>1008856
>dividends decrease with stock price

nigga u dumb like, really dumb

for real
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.