[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm tired of being a wageslave and my school situation is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 1405514339349.jpg (276KB, 1936x1296px) Image search: [Google]
1405514339349.jpg
276KB, 1936x1296px
I'm tired of being a wageslave and my school situation is fucked. what's a good home business for me to get into? I like putting shit together. I figured I could make stuff and sell it online. Not necessarily Etsy stuff but mechanics. I'd be down for etsy though.
>>
>>1008614
>I like putting shit together
Lel. Mate all those jobs went to China a long time ago, and they pay ~$2/day.
>>
>>1008640
w-what about tech modding and making custom gadgets?
>>
>>1008642
I guess it depends largely on how good you are.

Certainly as you become more skilled than merely assembling prefabricated parts then you will be able to earn progressively more than a Chinese worker, which is desirable if you hope to have it fund rent/food/bills in a developed country.
>>
>>1008642
What exactly do you envision doing, and why would someone/a business pay you for your services.

Answer that and maybe we can get somewhere, its the core of a business. You need to have a service or product that people desire and are willing to pay money for.
>>
>>1008648
I can pay my most important expenses and while I hope to do the startup full time one day for now I just need the extra money for better food and a car. I'm all for gitting gud though. only thing I need is a little startup money, a website, and a portfolio.

>>1008655
designing and fixing game peripherals and maybe some other shit like monitors or what have you. ordering parts for people who don't know how and working with clients to design peripherals made for them. Does the world really need something like that? not particularly. Is there a market for it? yeah and the more I can appeal to the niche the better.
>>
I've considered the same thing OP.

Honestly, you have to have a good amount of capital on hand if you want to compete. You have to buy parts in bulk to assemble. Otherwise, you can't compete with prices already on the market.

I wasn't willing to take that risk.
>>
>>1008671
Can you do a peripheral for me?
>>
>>1008713
I'm willing to take the risk. I might not have the capital for a while but it's something I'm willing to try.

>>1008734
what kind?
>>
>>1008745
>what kind?
Basically I want a microelectrode array to put in the visual cortex that I can send visual data to wirelessly.
>>
>>1008756
what is that in layman's terms.
>>
>>1008762
Essentially a wireless reverse camera sensor
>>
>>1008769
>reverse camera sensor
you want to control stuff with your eyes?
>>
>>1008770
Here are some easy things you can do from home but you must build your business locally

>Vinyl cutting
>Vacuum form molding Kydex Holsters
>Metal fabrication
>Machining

Small invenstment with exception to the machining part. that's a pretty hefty investment.

source: I do all these things except machining. (but im working on it.)
>>
>>1008770
No no, I want to be able to have a HUD streamed to my visual field; basically being able to see a digital video feed 'directly'.
>>
>>1008770
My brother is 16 and he does stuff like this. His grades are shit and he's honestly not that intelligent, but I'm glad he's getting into handywork. Lately, he's been modifying old 360s and selling them back to people. There's certainly a market for all types of things you would never think about. The internet has revolutionized the way we interact with potential customers. Good luck, m8
>>
>>1008775
that kind of tech needs a startup of its own. I could make you a clunky yet functional prototype at best. Unless you're willing to shell out loadsa cash and spend months going back and forth on design notes.

>>1008777
>His grades are shit
sounds like me. I'm not completely retarded but I've never been good at structured learning. how did he get into it? what kind of mods does he have? does he have a website?

>>1008773
I'll probably invest in those things as the need comes along.
>>
>>1008642

You could do it as a part time thing but you'll be hard pressed to make it a full time business without already having contacts.

My friends and family know I'm good with electronics. It started out with family paying me to upgrade their computers, then turned into me building brand new ones for about $100 + supplies and now I fix TV's, refrigerators, pretty much any appliance or electronic device. Obviously this is weekend work and supplemental income, and it's maybe four or five jobs a month, usually totalling $400 - $1200 depending on what I'm working on. I could do more but I don't have the time. When there's not too much to do I buy broken/used shit for dirt cheap and repair it/resell it. My laptop I got retails for $800 and I got it for free, put in a new screen and hard drive and it's perfect.
>>
>>1008808
how did you learn to fix all that stuff? Computers come easy to me but that's becuause I'm actually interested in them. how do you learn to fix tv's? and refrigerators on top of that? also I think my best bet is buying stuff for cheap and fixing it up as I have no contacts.
>>
>>1008810

I have a natural interest for how things work. The first time I fixed something other than a computer I just took it apart and put it back together a few times (it was a microwave, so it wasn't that hard). That was the best learning experience, to see how it is as a whole, and to see how it is as many pieces. Then I learned what each part does and how it works with other parts. Then I narrowed down where the problem could be based on the reported issues with the microwave and replaced the parts that needed to be replaced.

Same thing with a fridge (these are a lot harder IMO, but I have slight HVAC training which helps).
>>
>>1008808
This is still wageslaving of a sort.

Find somebody who can do the same thing, and hire him for all the jobs on the weekdays, and take a reasonable cut for the referral.

Better still do the above, but only do it for one day a week, Pedro is monday, Petey is tuesday, etc... Get to 7 guys and you're the bossman.
>>
>>1009006
While still wageslaving of a sort, he's building a client base for when he decides to hire people without having to shell out in advertising or wages.
Far better than most jobs.
>>
>>1009006
Are you chinese?
>>
File: 1331915151952.jpg (108KB, 500x388px) Image search: [Google]
1331915151952.jpg
108KB, 500x388px
bump
>>
>>1008614
In the end we all die, think about it.
Why does the general minsdet of sacrificing all my life until the age of 40 - 50 then retiring is the great plan?

While you're young you do not want to die and constantly find reasons to live.
When you are old 50 + you constantly find reasons to die.

And if there is some spiritual truth you're risking everything with the greed and other evil things that are involved in climbing the capitalistic ladder.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.