[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the secret of those who got rich is to never ask "How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: wv3jTScVsZg.jpg (41KB, 403x604px) Image search: [Google]
wv3jTScVsZg.jpg
41KB, 403x604px
Is the secret of those who got rich is to never ask "How to get rich?" and do EVERYTHING by themselves?
>>
>>1006944
Discussing "how to get rich" is a fruitless discussion because no one will ever tell you how to get rich
>>
>>1006945
They'll tell you how. People discuss it all the time.

But once they know, people don't actually do it. They keep talking about it. Endlessly. They don't cut their expenses, they don't work hard or learn more to advance their careers. They just...keep going, always feeling like they are missing some trick. Like there's a post they can like or a tweet they can retweet and the riches will roll in.

Spend less money
Make more money
Pay off debt and save/invest everything you can

And you may not become a billionaire but you can at least retire early and live whatever life you want. If that life involves continuing work and shooting for billionaire status, great. But there is more to wealth than more wealth and a lot of people just do something else instead.
>>
Asking random questions with no thought or direction put into them is going to receive equally terrible answers.

People are either gonna tell you lies about how to get rich, speculate about some way they haven't tried yet, or preach about their own decisions.
No one is going to hand you a pathway to money that they haven't already tried themselves. This is only anecdotal or interesting at best, because "riches" are found by making your own brand and path

tl;dr get of fukchan and read a fukin buuk
>>
>>1006944
Here's mine:
Find a widget you can buy for cheap from country A and sell more expensive in country B.

Easy right?
Not that easy when you have to order samples from 20 factories, evaluate and tweak them, then order a huge ass shipment to get bulk pricing, get quality control to review it, get customs broker to bring it in and then ship it to warehouses. Theres a lot of work behind the simplest ideas. Buying and reselling stuff isn't as easy as it sounds. Making an app isn't as easy as it sounds. Everything worthwhile has a degree of friction to it.
>>
>>1006993

Reselling crap is as easy as it sounds.

Not sure why people over think it.
>>
>>1006993
>Everything worthwhile has a degree of friction to it.

Like fucking :)))))))))))))
>>
You've heard how to eat healthy right? Fruits and vegetables, whole grains, lots of fiber and lean meat right. But do you do it? If you're like the majority of Americans, you don't. Getting rich is more complex but its the same idea; there's plenty of books and roundtables and college courses that will teach you how to get rich, or at least how to live comfortably. Yet most people don't have the drive and self-control to change their behaviors
>>
>>1006944

I'm the OP from this thread >>1003210. Don't do everything by yourself. Just become really really really good at one thing. Like roofing. Once you're good enough to get paid, save some money and hire some people that are good but not as good as you so you can complete more jobs. After that, you grow your company by paying people that are good at the things your not to do those jobs for you while you just manage the company's resources. Goes something like that.
>>
>>1006993
Ehh there are industries around it

I work for a company that started out doing exactly that

My dad had a small business that was doing pretty handsomely on items that were pretty much discarded in America and sold in Asia for a couple bucks a pop

Wish he still had it, he went nuts after some gambling thing and idk pissed the wrong people off and retreated into asia
>>
>>1006957
>all this cope
Who cares about living an insanely frugal life so you can have 1 million dollars as an old balding man. Fuck That.

Life's a scam if you aren't born rich, period. If you aren't a WASP 6.5+/10 trust fund you are coping hard.
>>
>>1006944

Rich is a word that means different things to different people.

$50K a year is rich if you don't spend like a whore.
>>
>>1009079
>cope
I know I've seen other people mention this but Is this word a meme now? I see people using it on this board but none of you are using it correctly. It has a different meaning than you think it does, look it up.
>>
>>1006944

> secret

implying there is a "secret" to anything in life.

It's called "work" buckaroos.
>>
File: wealth and democracy.jpg (44KB, 330x499px) Image search: [Google]
wealth and democracy.jpg
44KB, 330x499px
It is well known how most fortunes in America got started. /biz/ would not find the answer heartening.
>>
>>1006957

Sorry, but I actually have tried. I've tried over 3 times and I haven't made it. I plan to try again, but I'm still scratching my head. I've read many books, talked to rich people, and I've started over 3 businesses and wasted lots of time and money.
>>
>>1006944

rich is having exactly what you want and actually living within your means.
>bonus
being happy

the road to being rich and happy is living within your means.

im 26, own my house in full, new truck in full, basically no expenses. accumulating money in a savings account just naturally happens.

ill remain happy until i feel rich after saving enough to purchase a larger house, and then who knows - maybe instead of paying interest on shit ill buy a porsche. :]
>>
I quote the poet Steve Roggenbuck:

"Most successful people suck. You can do better."
>>
the secret to getting rich is not getting rich at all

the secret to getting rich is bagels
>>
>>1006993
>Everything worthwhile has a degree of friction to it.

That's poetry. Find some shit that appears to be profitable, and keep struggling against the riptide until it pays off, it stops paying, or you're dead.
>>
>>1009097
What a beautiful and courageous post
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.